Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Changes  (Read 12531 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Changes
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »
Hi Joycie,

I have not posted, but have been following your.....holiday !

You are amazing, the way you reacted to All your problems is a lesson to us all in how to be 'cool' in such scary circumstances, 10 out of 10 to you :-))

I so hope Bri is ok and things are on the up.

Your so right about the Great value that Kalkan Still offers......£50 per couple....I really don't understand how the restaurants do it ????

One last thing....Crib...what a great game...now I'm feeling old :-(((

Take care, hope Bri is well.

Onelove x .
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 05:45:32 AM »
It's not far from Tanzore we were in a power cut so didn't really notice but will try to post a clearer picture later. It really was delicious.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 05:57:29 AM »
Oh One Love it was just great to feel normal again and sit with our friends on the balcony with a glass in our hand and have a game of cards. It's the one game we can all play and when Dave and Mor got out of bed to finish the game when the lights came on we creased up with laughing. Talking about feeling old I'd lost the plot yesterday morning.Making the bed at our beautiful apartment couldn't find the throw that goes over. What had I done with it. Searched everywhere how was I going to explain to Sue the owner that I had lost her throw. She could search my luggage prove I hadn't taken it that's how paranoid I'd become.
Had a lovely day on the town beach came back and Sue and Shaun were relaxing on their sunbeds. Right deep breath confess I've I've lost the throw off the bed! Big smile from Sue she'd been in to do some tidying and decided it needed a wash. Simples. Gave it me back and I clutched it like a comfort blanket. So not quite as mad as I thought I was.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 06:02:33 AM »
If it's any help with the location of Agora Rami was the next door roof terrace.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 09:15:49 AM »
Fantastic to hear you lot enjoying yoyrselves joycie.
Babs, agora is close to zula, across the little street with the beautiful candle holders and trinkets.  :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
If I remember right Agora is just up from Alternatif, the other side of that little park, it's on our list to go to again as we had a lovely meal there on our last visit. Only 16 days to go and our Kalkan virgin friends are getting excited after all we've told them about this little bit of paradise. Went to B & wQ yesterday to get Adem some English country garden flower seeds for his garden. Can't wait to see him & his family again such a special family.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2013, 11:06:50 AM »
There is a Big change today, and that's the weather......100% cloud  >:(

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »
There is a Big change today, and that's the weather......100% cloud  >:(

And that's the worst kind of change.....would rather have tattoos, baldy heads and footy shirts. Although there are noticeably more blokes with their tops off wandering around town and in Yali supermarket which I got say ain't that pleasant...these aren't Greek god types and should look in the mirror and be honest with themselves!

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
Funny you should bring that subject up pw. We watched Sunderland v Liverpool in Yali bar ( the Yali bar in the lanes ) a couple of evenings ago and we were saying the same thing..never seen so many big Darby's on display.....nearly put me of my drink....hic hic  >:D

Offline Cajaran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »
And some of them were women walking past Yali Bar  ;D

For those of you not conversant with the Cockney rhyming slang - a Derby is a Belly hahaha

Offline Cajaran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »
Also totally agree it's not nice seeing men walking around the streets/supermarkets without their shirts on  >:D

Yuck !!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »
As a baldy headed tattood man who has been known to wear a footy shirt but never sports a bare top half  (excluding beach ,pool and bath night )  I feel humbled that I am viewed as marginally better than a fat baldly who wears no shirt.I thank you for allowing me to visit your village on what will be my 26th year visiting..And  I apologise whole heartedly for the detrimental effect I have had on Kalkan and promise that should England qualify for the world cup in june next year I will wear my footy shirt quietly in dark places so as not to cause to much horror. >:D :P
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:54:58 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »
Couldn't agree more about the bare-chested blokes and women in bikinis walking around town displaying their excess flesh.  Rather disgusting not to mention the fact that this is a Muslim country and it does shows a great lack of respect.  It's not so surprising that locals don't think highly of those who do this.  They may be nice to your face, but behind your back ... well, the adjectives won't be pleasing.  None of these people on display have ever stopped 1 second to ask themselves if they have ever seen any Turkish woman walking around in a bikini off the beach.  Not that they would care anyway ...
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 07:33:36 PM »
Actually Cosetta, we were in the turkcell shop this august, waiting to change some money, when a Turkish lady walked in and joined the queue. I presume she was Turkish as she was having an animated conversation with the girl behind the counter as she waited in line. She was of ahem, ample proportion and was wearing a bikini top and a very tight pair of shorts. She also had a very ample pair of boobs which were wrestling with each other and threatening to escape every time she gesticulated.
I was really shocked as I didn't expect her to be Turkish. Poor automan couldn't concentrate on his transaction!! She could have short changed him and he'd have been none the wiser!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:35:34 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2013, 07:53:27 PM »
Saw someone sunbathing topless a couple of times this week and was disappointed that they didn't recognize that Turkey was amoslem country.

Offline Cajaran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 08:08:28 PM »
Lizilu20 - in your first sentence you say the woman "was" Turkish and then in your second sentence you "presume" she was Turkish ??  So what nationality was she????????????????

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 08:28:52 PM »
Well to split hairs cajaran  ::) I presumed the lady was Turkish as she was talking very animatedly in Turkish to the Turkish lady behind the counter. Now I realise that they could both be different nationalities and happened to converse in Turkish together. I don't speak fluent Turkish myself but I recognised a few words!
Hope that answers your question!
Perhaps I should have said " a lady walked in" rather than "a Turkish lady walked in". Either that or asked to see her passport then I would have known for sure  ??? ???
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:33:46 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 10:44:54 PM »
This is the sort of thread that winds me up.....Kalkan markets itself as a modern Turkish resort not a strict Muslim village. Young Turkish males ride their scooters, shirtless in the height of Summer and no-one calls them disrespectful so why throw that accusation at tourists?
I have no desire to wander around the village in a bikini, mostly because I dont look like Elle McPherson but if I did, I reserve the right to choose. This subject has been covered a number of times on EK and I say it each time, I've NEVER seen a woman in a full bikini walking through town. Bikini tops with shorts or sarongs yes, but tops and skimpy bottoms....? Not ever. If men want to walk around without a top in the day I have no problem with this, or tattoos (I have one myself....shock horror :o) or football shirts or anything else the self proclaimed keepers of Kalkan find distasteful. Yes some of the shapes we see wearing bikini tops or going bare chested would not make the catwalks of Milan....but they are on holiday for godssake!!
Live and let live......Kalkan can't have it both ways. *gets down from soapbox*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 04:47:00 AM »
This is the sort of thread that winds me up.....Kalkan markets itself as a modern Turkish resort not a strict Muslim village. Young Turkish males ride their scooters, shirtless in the height of Summer and no-one calls them disrespectful so why throw that accusation at tourists?
I have no desire to wander around the village in a bikini, mostly because I dont look like Elle McPherson but if I did, I reserve the right to choose. This subject has been covered a number of times on EK and I say it each time, I've NEVER seen a woman in a full bikini walking through town. Bikini tops with shorts or sarongs yes, but tops and skimpy bottoms....? Not ever. If men want to walk around without a top in the day I have no problem with this, or tattoos (I have one myself....shock horror :o) or football shirts or anything else the self proclaimed keepers of Kalkan find distasteful. Yes some of the shapes we see wearing bikini tops or going bare chested would not make the catwalks of Milan....but they are on holiday for godssake!!
Live and let live......Kalkan can't have it both ways. *gets down from soapbox*

I don't want to sound rude, or start off a load of tit for tat posts, but it's called respect k4e, not hard to understand, there is a time & place for everything....while in Rome.......!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 08:10:05 AM »
K4E.....I'm not sure I can be your friend any more now I know you have a tattoo!  >:D >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal