Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Joycie Part3  (Read 14048 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Joycie Part3
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
Today I woke up in Fetiyhe hospital after one of the worst nights of my life. Bri was t skein to intensive care and I wasn't allowed to see him. I know that lovely sweet Adem phoned t o see how he w as. What would we have done without Jim. He phoned the ambulance explained our plight and helped get the stretcher into the ambulance. I saw Bri in a&be a nod then was told he was going into intensive care. I wasn't allowed to see him but perhaps 8.00 tomorrow.
Shown a bed in emergency which was lovely and grateful for the thought but lady next door was dehydrated and poor 5 month old baby not very well and crying loudly. Just wasn't the place I wanted to be so removed myself to English speaking area.
The night was eventful in the fact that the cleaners start buffing and polishing and security check that you should be there. Sleeping was not an option and every hour on the hour was closer to seeing Bri again.
Had an apple tea in the cafe adjoining the hospital and also was lucky enough to charge my mobile phone so that I could keep in touch with Dave and Mor in Kalkan.
7.00 and the hospital came to life.  Polishing and buffing the floor everything bright as a new pin. Could I see Bri. Sue lovely English speaking Sue arrived and 10.00 would be the witching hour.
Got to go to intensive care with another poor lady whose husband had been taken ill on a gullet. Had to put on gown hat and shoes and Bri nearly died there and then and asked if he could take a photo. The reply from me was not repeatable. Precious five minutes went so quickly and a tearful goodbye said I would see him tomorrow.
Sue came down to see me after talking to the consultant and said they thought he'd had a heart attack although there was no scarring and it would be best if I went back to Kalkan to get clean clothes etc.
Off I went to get a Taxi. Lovely fellow although personal hygiene was a bit of an issue . First faux pad was a stoppage by the police just outside Fethiye. Papers in order off to the petrol station and guess what the only one in a Fethiye with a broken pump. Never mind next petrol station just fine. Took a :detour where I thought I was being kidnapped but son on the 400 and flying to Kalkan. My lovely taxi driver tried to persuade me to phone him in Fethiye to pick me up in Kalkan for tomorrow's journey.
Told him I didn't know what time I was returning and would probably use Kalkan taxi.
Got to Kalkan in good time and met Dave and Mor at Kleos. Lovely lunch back to Sarhane and plan of attack ready for Sunday.
Thank you to everyone for your best wishes. Hopefully tomorrow maybe the day we can resume our holiday in Kalkan. I'll let you know.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11619.0

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Joycie Part3
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 08:32:53 PM »
Hope your husband is soon fighting fit, you are obviously a very brave lady, take care of yourself, with very best wishes for a speedy recovery x

Offline Jann

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
  • "The purpose of life is to fight maturity."
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:56:04 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. Hoping tomorrow brings you a happier day. Xxx

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 05:40:17 AM »
You are in my thoughts.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »
Today I got the phone call I was waiting for they were moving Brian to his own room could I come in. You bet your life I could. Packed a small case clean underwear shorts t shirts for Briand same for me as I could stop in the room as we'll.
Down to the taxi rank bought two Sunday papers oh good Birmingham won 4-1 that'll cheer him up and off we went. Lovely drive Adems brother knew about Bri and yet another way to the hospital. It's such beautiful scenery the  mountains were outstanding and today's ride was much more pleasant. I'm tired a though I slept better last night at about 445 I could hear an alarm ringing. Cursing Brian I got out of bed thinking it was his phone no lights blessed power cut. Alarm went off. Back to bed. 5 mins later you've guess it off we go again but strangely it was my bag that was lit up my phone.
We'll on Sunday night I had set my phone alarm for our flight and it never went off. Bless it it did this morning.Didnt chock it out of the window but turned it off.
Brian appeared from intensive care in a wheel chair lovely yellow shoes and same clothes from Thursday. Very tasteful.
Moved him into his room. Lovely ensuite with a big comfortable chair that turns into a bed for me. Television fridge and the bathroom with shower is lovely. If we must be here we'll be lovely and coomfortable.
Sue says she thinks it will be a couple of days so with all mod cons and my husband in nice clean clothes the next part of the journey begins.
Love to all and thanks once again for all your lovely kind wishes.
Soon be back in Kalkan.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »
Great news Joycie. Keep us posted re his progress!

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
What a nightmare for you both.  Sincerely hope it will progress well, sending you prayers and kind wishes, stay strong.

Offline Jann

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
  • "The purpose of life is to fight maturity."
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 10:32:17 AM »
Delighted to hear the good news. Take care both of you. xx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 04:43:04 PM »
Great news! Keep us updated on your husbands progress and wishing him a very speedy recovery. Hopefully not too long now before you're both back in Kalkan.  :)

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 04:44:27 PM »
So pleased things are progressing well. Be thinking and praying for you both x

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 05:03:04 PM »
Just had a visit from the consultant. Sunday night 6.45 I'm sure that that would have happened in England. He said Bri has got to have an ECG tomorrow and if that's alright we can come back to Kalkan and star tour holiday again. He's been for a little walk today and was fine. Amazed at how beautiful the hospital is kept. All the chairs have been thoroughly cleaned and the floors polished again. It's absolutely spotless. Don't ever be scared if you have to come here there is always somebody who will explain everything to you in English.
They have bought me a meal every time Bri has had one. Perhaps not always to my choice we'll not quite Kalkan style but very edible and I'm more than grateful for the consideration.
Got a bed for the nightingale the room and I'm sure that it will be more than comfortable. Hopefully only Brian's snoring will keep me awake tonight and I'm more than gratefull for Turkey's wonderful health care which has enabled me to murder him myself.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 05:29:59 PM »
Sounds so much more positive joycie.....hope you get the all clear tomorrow and are able to get back to your holiday

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 06:55:20 PM »
Hope you both get a good nights sleep !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 07:56:14 PM »
Best wishes joycie..and best wishes to Bri.....I'm a Bluenose too (born in Brum... Small Heath)!! 4-1 should prove a good tonic for him..Now get him out before our next game! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 08:05:19 PM »
Thanks everyone for your wonderful thoughts. Hey I was born in Small Heath at my Nan's house in StarbankRoad. Always went down the Blues with my Dad.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 08:11:18 PM »
Finally lost the plot posting twice. Can't wait for tomorrow although Brian is a little apprehensive. He suffers with white coat syndrome particularly with blood pressure checks so hopefully we can keep it under control.
I shall dream about going back to Kalkan tomorrow hopefully not at break neck speed but nice and sedately as befits my age. Some hope I fear.!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow. Keep calm and positive to try to keep Brian in a good place.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 09:02:55 PM »
Joycie, we are back in Kalkan tomorrow night...do come and say hello if you get back in one piece. You know where we are :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 09:28:22 PM »
joycie..I was born in Herbert Road and went to Dixon road school ...they caught me climbing the fence at the Blues ground but dragged me back and made me watch....been a Blue ever since ;D ...keep Bri away from the footy on Wednesday..we have Swansea in the cup and think we will get stuffed .good luck to you both ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »
Not been on EK for a few days so just catching up with your news. What a dreadful shock. Fingers crossed everything goes well with the ECG tomorrow and you can get back to Kalkan.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Joycie Part 2

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 12:48:59 AM
by joycie
xx
Joycie's Holiday Report

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 04:33:08 PM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal