Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Joycie Part3  (Read 14187 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Joycie Part3
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 08:23:19 AM »
About time you had some good news Joycie..great result For the blues last night..just the boost you both  needed!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2013, 02:31:15 PM »
At least you have something to smile about now! :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »
Thanks Martyn been to Fethiye today for Brian's fit to fly. Insurance company phoned to see if everything was fine and did we need any special assistance. I must admit they've been brilliant and they said they'd phone a couple of days before we go to see if everything was ok. The hospital as usual we're lovely bang on time and everything explained about the medication and fit to fly document faxed to England.
Consultant really wished Brian had had the op but Brian promised to see his own Doctor when we returned and sort everything else. Another lady behind the English patients desk wished us we'll and said if Brian survived she hoped to see us again. Not quite sure how to take that but know only the best was meant.
Taxi driver from Kalkan was lovely. He insisted on stopping with us and it was lovely knowing our return journey was sorted.
I sat quite contentedly in the front of the taxi watching all the beautiful scenery knowing that Brian was with me this time .
Oh we'll if I never see Fethiye again I don't think it will bother me and that's a shame because it's so beautiful on the waterfront there. So peoples once more thank you for your love and kind thoughts hopefully we can now enjoy what's left of our holiday.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 02:59:01 PM »
Just make sure Bri doesn't see a blues match on telly....don't want him getting too excited ;)

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »
Hi Joycie, glad your certificate is sorted. We will see you over the weekend. Have a lovely evening. Sue

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 05:41:01 AM »
Looking forward to meeting you Sue.
We woke up this morning in lovely Sahane sat on the sofa and watched the sun come up. A lovely cup of tea Bri took his aspirin new regime now and we talked about the last few days. Everybody has been truly magnificent. Fiona and Martyn who have had their own share of heartbreak made us a magnificent offer should we have not been able to fly. Luckily or unluckily because I would have loved to have taken it up we have our fit to fly with an injection to be taken two hours before we fly.
Bri can do that himself. No probs.
Today is going to be a beach club day. Might even get to go in the water. We had a lovely meal at Han ?last night. Not sure if I spelt it right. Bri had the lamb shank and I had sea bass. The meals were lovely. Me Dave and Mor got through two bottles of wine Bri got through two glasses of water. What a difference a week makes. They gave us a huge plate of fruit afterwards and it was lovely.
It has become one of our favourites and no doubt we shall soon eat there again.
Adems is on our list to do because at the very least we owe him a taxi ride after our last disastrous trip . He and his family were so magnificent it will be lovely to see them again. Bri doesn't even remember being there.
Oaks was another lovely meal. It was very full the night we went there and apart from Kleos for a lunch time snack and Fenners where again you can't beat the food we haven't needed to try the harbour restaurants because the ones up our end as my Dad would say have been lovely. Meant Odaks by the way.
Drinkie poos so far have been taken at Berzigans. They have the most delightful beagle puppy there who gets himself into trouble at the drop of a hat.
So as you see we're on track to enjoy the rest of our holiday and I'll let you know if any more disasters befall us.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 06:43:57 AM »
Joycie ,I think you get the award for the most unusal holiday report  ;D Please can we have just normal things now !! Enjoy Kalkan  :)
Lynne

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 07:12:08 AM »
Really hope you and Bri enjoy the rest of your holiday, take care  :angel:

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »
Joycie, I calculate that you need to go to three restaurants a day now, to make up for lost time ;)

Really hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday - take care of him!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »
Last night we went back to Adams for the first time. All four of us it was lovely. We sat on the top terrace looking at the perfect view and the whole family greeted us with kisses and hugs and it was lovely to feel alive. Two had Adams lovely lamb shank one had the lamb chops which he found a little challenging and I had steak which was lovely.it was a beautiful night surrounded by lovely people and I think we relaxed totally not thinking about any challenges which may befall us. Adam took us back and his delightful children were in the back of the wagon having a wonderful time. We will definetly return.
Today is a beach club day. Palm Beach was the choice and it's lovely. Thought the boat was never going to stop as it headed for its mooring . Phew it did. We're sat on the top terrace watching the boats go out. It really is beautiful..We still have so much to do Sade hopefully Tanzore definitely back to Han and Kaptans another of our faves.
So the last week of our holiday begins. No more dramas just a lot of laughs and of course beautifulKalkan at our fingertips.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »
Fantastic update! Adam is such a lovely, kind man and his family are all such characters. (We are guilty of not going there as often as we should... thanks for reminding me)!

Best wishes for the rest of your holiday, Joycie... you certainly deserve it after all your trauma! Bri is so lucky to have your support (and I'm sure he knows that)! Here's to successful treatment and a speedy recovery once you get him home, and really hope we get to see you next year, in less traumatic circumstances x

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 10:58:11 AM »
So pleased for you both and enjoy the rest of your stay.   I am impressed by the Turkish healthcare, makes me wonder if you would get the same level of treatment here ??? ???   Wishing you all the best for the future :D :D :D :D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 12:37:36 PM »
So glad you're finally managing to enjoy your holiday again. Have a wonderful week and a speedy recovery to Brian when you get home.  :)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 12:00:56 PM »
Insurance company been in touch got to have assistance home? Bri walked up 50 steps today and even up the hill through town dodging all the jewellers quite successfully. Didn't even slow down past the bag shops. wHY? Apparently the airlines insist that if any cardiac problems have arisen the passenger must be assisted home with a Doctor from the UK and oxygen. They'll also transport me thank goodness. One problem we live in Staffordshire and flew with our friends from Gatwick. I did say to Bri I hope he can limp because it will be awful when we get to the airport and people have seen him clambering up and down Kalkan then gets assistance to the plane complete with doctor and oxygen bottle. So we are now awaiting our final departure details and hope that Gatwick appears in them. Hopefully I can then drive home from there. I'll let you know where we end up.
 Back to holiday now and deciding where to eat tonight. Great deliberations but if the weather doesn't buck up looks like a visit to the chicken shop will be in order.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 01:09:46 PM »
So pleased to hear that Bri and yourself are at last enjoying your holiday, gawd knows you certainly deserve it after your ordeal, thought you both dealt with it with such  courage and fortitude, don't know if we'd have coped as well. §ounds like Bri is doing great, all those steps, gosh and that hill, what a trooper. Hope you enjoy the rest of your break and the weather picks up for you both. All the very best Clara.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 01:20:23 PM »
Good on Bri!! glad hes feeling better, did he jump up and punch the air after another blues win last night...... Brum 4 millwall 0   just the tonic egh! ;)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 01:50:45 PM »
He couldn't actually believe the score.Amazing best tonic ever.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Joycie Part 2

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 12:48:59 AM
by joycie
xx
Joycie's Holiday Report

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 04:33:08 PM
by MartynE

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal