Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Joycie Part 2  (Read 1194 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Joycie Part 2
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:48:59 AM »
Well what a day. Decided to go to Yali for the day and then phone Adam and have a lovely meal there. Strolled through the old town had a wonderful iced coffee at Cafe Leon noticed where my Indian meal was going to be and then walked on to Yali. Made really welcome had stopped there once when it was the Yali Hotel with Tapestry and couldn't believe the changes. Particularly along the road to Yali and the new build Hotel?
Anyway made ourselves comfortable on the wonderful Yali sun mattresses had a lovely meal and at about 4.00 made our way back to lovely Sahane to phone Adam.
Arranged a pick up for 6.30 at Oz Adana and freshly showered and changed waited for the taxi.
Bang on time the taxi driver that had brought us home arrived but my dear husband who is diabetic started to go hypo. Normally a hypo stop will put him on the road to recovery but after lovely Adam and his family had given him chocolate sugared water and the greatest of care he still hadn't come round. Adam phoned an ambulance. Two lady paramedics and I guess just a driver everyone including Adam had to get him on a stretcher. They intimated that they. Thought he was drunk but I assured them that after 44years of marriage I knew the difference.
Wouldn't take me in the ambulance because they wanted his passport and travel insurance so I and my wonderful friends waited for a taxi to return us to Sahane to collect these and then to transfer to Fethiye. We'll the same taxi driver arrived that we seemed to have been using all day. He waited whilst I fetched the passport etc and then we piled in for a hair raising journey.
When we got to the hospital I was taken straight through to my husband who thankfully had come round but was told that they were waiting for a cardiologist because they thought he had an irregular heart beat. He does suffer from white coat syndrome and as his diabetic doctor last week had told him he didn't want to see him for another year I was more than a little concerned. So they took him off to intensive care and I haven't seen him since. I have asked but was told it was out of visiting hours.
The hospital offered me a spare emergency room bed but after a short while there surrounded by poorly people I decided to find a quiet seat and wait it out.
I've filled in all the forms paid the 50 pounds excess and am now sitting quietly writing this in the corner of a lovely clean hospital waiting to be able to see him. It's now 245 in the morning so I guess I've got a bit of a wait. I'll let you know what happens. It was quite a journey to Fethiye so goodness knows what happens when it's a critical outlook from the start. But I'm really grateful to Adam and his family for their great compassion and also the taxi driver who came into the hospital in case we could bring him home.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11618.0

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Joycie Part3

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

56 Replies
Last post October 02, 2013, 01:50:45 PM
by joycie
xx
Joycie's Holiday Report

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post September 21, 2013, 04:33:08 PM
by MartynE
xx
Just the two of us - Part 2.

Started by janeb on Holiday Reports and Reviews

26 Replies
Last post October 05, 2015, 12:09:29 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Just the two of us (part 2)

Started by janeb on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post July 12, 2015, 09:59:20 PM
by Mrs M!

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

058.JPG

Views: 3548
By: kaz1865
Daphne''s