Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Joycie's Holiday Report  (Read 3027 times)

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Joycie's Holiday Report
« on: September 17, 2013, 05:23:54 AM »
Well what a difference a day makes. We left Lancing in Sussex at some ungodly hour to get our flight from Gatwick. As usual ther'es some roadworks on the 23 and building works at Gatwick. Very smooth transfer through the airport duty free purchased and flight ? EARLY! Blimey nothing to moan about this can't be right. I'll find something.
Lovely extra room seats great breakfast and arrive in 3 hours forty five. Through airport Enes waiting and we're on our way. Countryside as usual stunning no bruises on my husband because of the driving it was a really lovely transfer. Still nothing t o moan about I'll find something.
Heart tingling we're HERE!
Staying at lovely Sahane. View absolutely spectacular but I thought it was the old town?Well it is. After a YES moment of finally finding something to moan about we walked down the steps right into the old town had a lovely lunch at Feners and with a foaming Efes in each hand (I'd been dreaming all the way to Kalkan about my first Efes) I was on my holidays.
Had a lovely welcome at Oz Adana last night and surrounded by lovely Turkish families we had a great meal  supplied with free pride lovely complimentary salad and such warmth from the people around us that I wondered why anybody could possibly think that Kalkan had changed.
Oh we'll tomorrow is another day and I'll see if I can possibly find anything to moan about.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11608.0

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
Re: Joycie's Holiday Report
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:37:11 PM »
Great report keep them coming. Came back on friday after eighteen blissful nights. Found nothing to moan about apart from the hairiest flight ever came down with an almighty bump, bums in air, thought we were going back up, lots of skidding and much yelling then we had to wait almost an hour for our second case as the belt kept stopping. Apart from that no moaning, which is a wonder for me, so all in all a great time. Hope you have a great time too, enjoy the efes I'm surprised there's any left after we've been there lol, cheers !!

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »
Well today was a beach day. Dave knew a short cut NOT. After stumbling about he finally decided that down the road was the best way and so down the new walkway we went. Didn't try the exercise bikes thought about it like a naughty kid but decided today was not the day.
Chose sun beds and went off to Feners to have coffee and watch the boats go out. I love this part of the day. The harbour seems fuller than ever but I just love the busyness of it all. Watched a lovely Rottweiler swimming in the harbour and not wanting to be coaxed in.
Back to the sun beds and then Kleos for drinkypoos. Once more greeted warmly and you wonder why anyone thinks Kalkan is changing.
I think the beach is getting busier but I don't know anywhere where they'.ll bring your drinks and meals onto the beach like Kleos do not plastic glasses etc. and come and collect them so that everything is left tidy. A man with a black refuse sack was collecting litter and it was a real pleasure to be on he beach.
Decided to walk home via the road and am now on the terrace awaiting a G&T.
Eating at Chilies tonight. Looking forward to it.
Another day with absolutely nothing to moan about. Kalkan is still as wonderful as ever what will tomorrow bring?

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
Joycie, keep your posts coming please! I have just read your post and feel like I am there with you, picking a sunbed, coffee in Fener and Kleos! Bliss. We didn't manage to get to Chillies this year, but please say hi to Mr Happy from us. Have a fab holiday, and thank you for making my day happy as I am now reminiscing about our lovely holiday in August!  :)

Jayne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 04:22:16 PM »
Great reports, joycie.
Loving your lovely relaxed day at the town beach - sounds bliss. We pitch up further along from Kleo - where its difficult to actually get in and out of the water ::) and take a cool bag with lunch, nibbles and alcohol (of course...). Its just a great way to spend the day and so beautiful at this time of year. Have the boys been round with the fresh sweetcorn? We were there for three weeks in June and didn't see them once :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »
K4E, yes the sweetcorn boy was there in August, he seems to have grown a lot, now more like a man than a boy! he was very busy, we noticed that he works out of the back of a car park by the Pirat, and collects the fresh sweetcorn from there, its delicious! then walks along to the beach with it.

Jayne

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 04:51:39 PM »
Lovely report joycie, sounds like you're having a brilliant time!  :)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 06:18:51 PM »
Great reports Joycie. How long are you in Kalkan for this time?

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 01:03:22 AM »
Hi Martin sorry to hear about your sad news. Please give my regards to Fiona. My own Mom passed away this year so I know how she's feeling
We called in at the Nur on market day and had one of the best iced coffees yet. Omar made us welcome but also a little guilty with an accusory where are you stopping.We're here for three weeks again all being well Brian is in Fethiye hospital at the moment and I've taken up residence here as we'll.
You know how much we love your apartments especially Daybreak so hopefully we'll be able to return. I must say we're with Mor and Dave again and sharing Sahane has been lovely too.

Offline Jann

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
  • "The purpose of life is to fight maturity."
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
Dear Joycie. I am so sorry to hear that your husband is in hospital. I am sincerely hoping he is now safely back with you at the lovely Sahane and that you've both resumed your holiday relaxing in the sunshine.

Thinking of you both.

By the way, we stayed at Safa - downstairs from you. Our neighbours staying at Sahane let us have a peek and what a stunning apartment it is with such panoramic views. I hope you're both sitting up there on your rooftop as I write. xx

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
Hi Joycie

Thanks for your kind words, will pass it on to Fiona. Funeral is all done now, which as always is a relief.

We will be back in Kalkan on Tuesday so hopefully will get a chance to see you....hope Brian is ok soon. I'm sure he is getting good care in Fethiye as the hospital there has a great reputation.

Keep us informed.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
May holiday report

Started by KalkanWilkie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 11:33:12 PM
by Skunk
smiley
Holiday report

Started by lyndsey on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 12:26:01 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Holiday report

Started by cleworthallray on Holiday Reports and Reviews

11 Replies
Last post September 18, 2010, 10:01:12 AM
by cleworthallray
xx
Holiday Report

Started by ladybird on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post September 11, 2009, 01:23:48 PM
by Chrissie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

June 2011 Holiday

Views: 3250
By: hodstar
Eagles Nest