Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's Holiday - Day 10 - Sept 10th  (Read 3236 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's Holiday - Day 10 - Sept 10th
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:32:17 AM »
Well, it’s Day Ten and I really can’t believe my shorts still fit!

Yesterday we were spoilt to bits, having a leisurely morning by the pool, then “Fish & Chips” for lunch at Adam’s Place with that gorgeous bottle of Rose that far exceeded the traditional bottle of Lal. I could not find it in Yali last night – Adem said I may struggle - but will have a browse elsewhere today.

Whilst sat under the shade at Adam’s Place, we started conversation with the gentleman on the next table and as we chatted, I felt I knew this guy. Mr Clara 50 it was a pleasure to meet you! Thank you for your company & we wish Clara 50 a speedy recovery so that she can enjoy the rest of her Kalkan holiday.

Adem was good enough to taxi us around a few shops as we got some things for the Villa. In the Butchers, Adem pulled Yussuf’s leg regarding his Elvis-look of hair, that made him look little over 18, we felt,  and he was now ready to get married……Yussuf enjoyed the banter with an enormous smile that started in his eyes.

At the Greengrocer’s,  I argued with Nice Greengrocer Man that he must have the bill wrong, as my bags of fruit & vegetables ALWAYS come to TL30 and so how could it possibly be only TL13!
And so the nonsense continued…..

Capturing the sun slide down behind the hill on video around 7pm, I enjoyed Oleta Adams’ “Get Here”….and a large Gin & Tonic (Vodka depleted!). Wafting up from down below, was the smell of onions, herbs and spices as Jo & Rick took control of tonight’s dinner.

I put Emeli Sande’s “Clown” on the docking station as Mrs A, refreshed from her shower and looking gorgeous, joined us on the terrace for a Rose on ice, as Jo & Rick put the final touches to dinner:
Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes & onions finely chopped, with just a tiny hint of chilli – I could have eaten that all night, were it not for the Chicken  Korai to follow.

Google says “the actual meaning of Korai or Karahi is an Indian cooking pot, made from cast iron and similar to a wok, rather than a traditional recipe, but the ingredients tend to be the same….”

So there!

I didn’t much care what pot it was cooked in – none of us did! – the blend of herbs & spices and the freshness of this, their favourite curry, was incredible. So tasty, not hot, just the right amount of chilli to bring all the flavours together.  Simply served with some rice and orzo. It’s all about the freshness of the ingredients, isn’t it? And the love.

With just 4 days left, we all chatted about our remaining “must doos” as we finished our bottle of Yakut Kavaklidere. Last year, Bex & Tom had chosen Agora for their special night out and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. So, earlier in the day, having Googled & Trip’d, Jo & Rick went for a wander around the restaurants, checking out menus and locations. They came back and we waited for their verdict:  It would be The Nar.

Tonight, Chef is going to (more or less) cook for the last time in our lovely, bright red kitchen on this holiday. Mr & Mrs Soon-to-Be are coming to dinner and we will have Yussuf’s Slow Roasted Whole Shoulder of Lamb, with Gratin Daupinoise and some roasted courgettes. And maybe a glass of red.

But to earn that, I have to put the Crocs through a proper test on the Town Beach, apparently!  Which is fine by me, as it means I will fall into Fenner straight afterwards!

Happy Tuesday!

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11581.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Antler's Holiday - Day 10 - Sept 10th
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:11:39 AM »
Another fab report antler. I'll miss my daily fix when you go home! Enjoy your remaining days and hope they go very slowly for you.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 12:03:10 PM »
Your shorts still fit because despite being in the town, you are probably doing more walking this holiday. That's a pretty steep walk up from the beach past the activity points...even if you turn up by Kaptan's that's a hill and a half all the way up to White House/Courtyard.
Your holiday sounds so magical and I'm sorry we didn't have a cyber conversation last night - I haven't got a clue what I'm doing when it comes to technology...and now the children have flown the nest I can't just hand it over and say "can you do that for me..." :(
I can't believe how little time you have left *sigh*...I'm cherishing every moment as much as you - maybe even more if that's possible.
I'm really.....REALLY looking forward to the Tesco Crocs test on the beach....I think it might be a YouTube sensation ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
Whereabouts is Agora please? It gets good mentions on Tripadvisor and we said when we're in Kalkan in a couple of weeks we want to try some different restaurants instead of keep going back to 'the old faithfuls'.
Nicky

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »
Nicky its opposite Ramis and next to Cafe Zula (if that makes sense) 

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »
Was there another lovely sunset today, Antler?

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »
Many thanks Chrissy1, know where you mean. We had a lovely meal in Cafe Zula the first year we went to Kalkan.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 05:22:41 AM »
Yes, tortoise lady, it was another fabulous sunset, celebrated with a fresh mint-packed Mojito on the Kismet terrace, with nice company. Only a few more days and you will be here, I guess?  I am so disappointed we will miss each other by such a short time. Next time......

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 05:28:18 AM »
Kalkan4eva, yes, I have developed very strong calves coming up the path from the beach as well as the short hike up to Genpa Supermarket. But it was also clear in the T-shirt shop yesterday, that the weight seems to have gone on to my top half, as my 36DD man boobs keep developing! So black is the colour (and dark grey!)

It was lovely talking to - and seeing you - on skype last evening; thank you!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
Man boobs....shman boobs...your shorts still fit man!!
Yes the bulging calf syndrome...very attractive on a man - not so on a laydeee.
Shame I couldn't see for my self the other night, but great to talk to you  :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »
 The good thing about the t shirt man is he will exchange them for a xxl after all your dinners....As I suggested to Antler before ..shrink wrap can solve the man boob..don't do it to tight though because your eyes will bulge and your bum cheeks will get bigger  >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 4 - Sept 4th

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post September 05, 2013, 08:37:01 PM
by antler
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 6 - Sept 6th

21 Replies
Last post September 06, 2013, 09:20:35 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 9 - Sept 9th

3 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 07:15:54 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 2 - Sept 2nd

4 Replies
Last post September 02, 2013, 06:57:47 PM
by antler

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

DSCF0313.JPG

Views: 3472
By: fidimax
Kalamar Bay