Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: To Rent a Car or Not!  (Read 2647 times)

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
To Rent a Car or Not!
« on: September 11, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »
Hi All, coming to Kalkan for the very first time next June and all very excited already.

We are renting my colleagues villa (not entirely sure where the exact location is yet) and was wondering what the general consensus of hiring a car is?  Husband drives for a living and I am not that confident in driving in foreign countries so don't want to spend the holiday driving around so would only be used for groceries etc.  Do the supermarkets deliver or are there plenty of taxis around that could ferry us and a shed load of alcohol around   >:D >:D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11589.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: To Rent a Car or Not!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
The supermarkets will deliver your shopping for you...and taxis are everywhere. ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:49:22 PM »
kizzy, we sometimes hire a car for a couple of days just to go futher afield but certainly in and around Kalkan it's not neccessary. As BL says taxis are everywhere and shops deliver - even the "off licence" delivers. The new rules about retail trading alcohol are now in force so you won't be able to buy alcohol in shops after 10pm -  if you are staying some way out of the village you might want to make sure your supplies are always topped up as you won't be close enough for a quick 5 to 10 dash :o
You may well be in walking distance and that's useful to burn off those alcohol calories....not that I'd know or anything :-[ :-[ Just saying!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 07:45:08 PM »
Hi All, coming to Kalkan for the very first time next June and all very excited already.

We are renting my colleagues villa (not entirely sure where the exact location is yet) and was wondering what the general consensus of hiring a car is?  Husband drives for a living and I am not that confident in driving in foreign countries so don't want to spend the holiday driving around so would only be used for groceries etc.  Do the supermarkets deliver or are there plenty of taxis around that could ferry us and a shed load of alcohol around   >:D >:D

I would say it depends just how far out of the village you are, but also just how much time you want to spend around the pool of the villa, if you are content to "crash" and read/relax then yes depend on taxis and deliveries, if you wanted to explore the surrounding areas then rent a car. Depending on the numbers in your party you could rent a car from http://www.centralrentacar.co.uk/ they are a local company with good cars and great service, will bring "your" car to the airport and drive you to Kalkan (and back again) thus saving you the cost of transfer, the result is that your car only costs you in the region of £40 per week and the car is there whenever you want it. Taxis would almost certainly cost you £40 (plus) during a week.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 08:57:44 PM »
Has has been said .....depends what you want to do.....if your chilling you won't need one but if you like to do a bit of exploring  a car is great, they're not expensive and very reliable..we always hire a car and take ourselves around and about.........beware though get yourself a good map......if that's possible!......we have been lost many times but all adds to the fun :

Offline kizzy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »
Thanks for all the replies.
Think we will be going down the road of NO car lol gets in the way of the alcohol intake anyway >:D >:D
'Off licence' that delivers - well that's my kind of place........41 weeks and 3 days but hey who is counting ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »
Do you have any details of where you are staying? post them , Villa name etc and someone might know exactly whereabouts you are going to be ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Enes Rent a car

Started by baclava on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post February 20, 2010, 11:30:46 PM
by DawnT
xx
Bike rent?

Started by vovabraga on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post April 27, 2011, 01:13:36 PM
by kalkandiver
xx
appment to rent

Started by Mmm on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post December 09, 2015, 07:55:55 AM
by BeyazGül Apt.
xx
Cizgi rent a car

Started by headroom on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post November 12, 2008, 10:40:56 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal