Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Opticians in kalkan  (Read 4484 times)

Offline WEB

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Opticians in kalkan
« on: August 29, 2013, 06:58:05 PM »
I'm back out to kalkan in 2 weeks and would like to know if its worthwhile bringing my prescription for my glasses out to have them made. Is it cheaper than the UK? I know there is an opticians in the main road to the harbour. Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11540.0

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
Re: Opticians in kalkan
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:03:03 PM »
There is an optician in Kalkan, my wife had prescription sun specs made there, however I would personally recommend going to Fethiye (where I had both ordinary & sun varifocals made) about two thirds UK price.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:14:03 PM »
I would also recommend going to Fethiye, I always use Cem Optics, have had 5-6 pairs of glasses/sunglasses from there.  Had a  bad experience with the optican in Kalkan and would not recommend him.

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 08:17:21 PM »
I had len's put into an old favourite pair of frames in the harbour . Reactor lights and readers for about £80 I am very pleased with them . My brother-in- law had his eyes tested and glasses made for about £120 . It was only a basic test and he only needed them for reading but he is very happy too . 

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »
My wife bought a pair varifocals with reactolites and an anti scratch coating on extra thin lenses. The coatings started to peel off inside a few months so we took them back and got a frosty reception from Barbaros but he replaced the lenses. The same thing is happening again.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 09:47:48 PM »
should have gone to specsavers!  :)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »
Your never guess who I bumped into in specsavers yesterday........Everybody  >:D ;D  >:D
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 10:34:52 AM »
Not to contradict anyone, but I got two pairs from Goz last year, and they are still fine.

When I had my annual eye test earlier this month, my UK optician checked the specs (as they had not supplied them) and pronounced them excellent for accuracy to prescription and could find no fault with them (after 12 months).

Maybe I was lucky, maybe not.

On the other hand, Specsavers and everyone else can get coatings wrong as well.  Remember, coatings are fragile and very, very thin, and lenses should be washed before cleaning them.

And, the refractive Index of the lenses I got from Goz were higher than I can get in the UK (for my prescription), so the lenses are even thinner.  Especially my reading glasses, as UK opticians tend to cheapen the prescription for those by using a lower Refractive Index material.  And all for 2/3 the UK price.

From this experience, I can only say I'm happy!
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Korderekid

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
We have been getting our varifocals both  - sun glasses and normal clear glasses - from Barbaross for the past 3 years. Each pair has been excellent and when we occasionally need to go back for small adjustments, because we both often put our sunglasses on our head  - which stretches the frame, we are treated with great courtesy and immediate action.

On Monday we ordered 5 new sets of varifocals lenses, as we both now need a stronger prescription.. The lenses were delivered yesterday morning, fitted personally by Barbaross and again we are very pleased with price, quality and service.

Far better quality and service and at a considerably cheaper price than in UK.

His shop is opposite Cafe del Mar and next to La terrazzo Restaurant.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
We have been getting our varifocals both  - sun glasses and normal clear glasses - from Barbaross for the past 3 years. Each pair has been excellent and when we occasionally need to go back for small adjustments, because we both often put our sunglasses on our head  - which stretches the frame, we are treated with great courtesy and immediate action.

On Monday we ordered 5 new sets of varifocals lenses, as we both now need a stronger prescription.. The lenses were delivered yesterday morning, fitted personally by Barbaross and again we are very pleased with price, quality and service.

Far better quality and service and at a considerably cheaper price than in UK.

His shop is opposite Cafe del Mar and next to La terrazzo Restaurant.

We & up to now, 3 sets of our friends have been using Barbaross for the last 4 years so I can 2nd the post above.

Offline WEB

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 12:42:36 PM »
Thank you for all the advice, I think I wii be paying a trip to Barbarossa when in town. I'll let y,ou know how I get on. 21 days and counting till bac k in kalkan :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Benji

Views: 4658
By: misty
Sunrise from Bellamine