Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Was anyone staying in a Villa on the 14 August in Kalkan  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Jobbie59

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Strange request I know - however we were staying in a villa in Kalkan on the 14 August and our electricity supply was cut off from 2pm that day. After it started to get dark we noticed we were the only ones without electricity so it wasnt just a power cut. We then discovered that we had been disconnected and a note to that efffect left where the electricity supply had been cut. The notice stated it was due to non payment of a bill. The villa owner claims it was a mix up and due to a new electrical company taking over the supply from the council. He also has told us that we were one of many in Kalkan disconnected that day.

So was anyone else staying in a Villa or hotel or anywhere in Kalkan that day and found that their supply had been disconnected?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11532.0

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Was anyone staying in a Villa on the 14 August in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
Yes,we were in a villa in the Komurluk area of Kalkan on the 14th of August and were without power for a few hours in the afternoon. I have no idea whether we had been disconnected, but we just assumed it was a power cut as we had been warned that this sometimes happens. It came back on without us doing anything.

To be honest, we only noticed when we went to the fridge and realised that the light didn't come on. I actually made reference to it in one of my posts to say the only thing we had to worry about was the beer and wine getting warm as we had a power cut!  :laugh:

Offline Korderekid

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Was anyone staying in a Villa on the 14 August in Kalkan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:06:24 PM »
There was a general power cut in Kormurluk and Kisla on August 14 as work was being done on a sub station.

However it was over by just after  3 p.m.

There is only one state owned electricity company in Turkey. No ' new' electricity company has taken over . It is very common for properties to have their electricity disconnected because of unpaid bills. It rather sounds as though your villa owner is being economical with the truth here.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa Kirmizi Lale - 4 bed, 4 bath villa - prices slashed for July & August!

Started by felicity on Accommodation Discounts & Special Offers

0 Replies
Last post March 31, 2017, 07:02:09 AM
by felicity
xx
AUGUST VILLA RENTAL REQ'D

Started by FRAN on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 05:04:32 PM
by FRAN
xx
Need 2 Bed Apartment / Villa for August

Started by hayal on Accommodation and Hotels

6 Replies
Last post July 15, 2009, 03:28:17 PM
by misty
xx
Villa needed 7-15th August

Started by Mercimek on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post November 04, 2009, 08:44:21 PM
by Pauline

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

prawns

Views: 4075
By: irfan
Kekova