Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotel Asfiya and Gulet Cruise - any recommendations?  (Read 3611 times)

Offline Susan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hotel Asfiya and Gulet Cruise - any recommendations?
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:10:32 AM »
Hi my bf and I have just booked to go to Kalkan in September with Tapestry staying at the Asfiya Hotel for nine nights plus a 2 night cuise on the gulet Julian.
After reading all the reports etc on here we are looking forward to going and think 2 nights on a cruise will be a good taster to see if we like it or not! We enjoy pottering about and having a nice meal and a drink or two.

I am just wondering if anyone had ever stayed at this hotel and whether we have made the right choice or not combining it with a cruise?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be welcomed  ;D

Thanks Sx

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1150.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Hotel Asfiya and Gulet Cruise - any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 06:03:22 PM »
It is a fab hotel, we had a room not a suite and that was lovely so sure the suites are fantastic. The grounds are lovely, the pool is great, plus a roof top one for adults only. Staff are very nice, breakfast was much better than average. You can walk into town easy enough, Turkish baths there are great, you have made a great choice and I am sure the mini cruise rounds it off great wish they had done an overnighter when we went. Kalkan is a super place enjoy. Oh and the Turkish nights at the Asfiya is worth stopping in for.

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 08:38:09 AM »
We too have stayed at the Asfiya, a handful of times. It is a lovely hotel and you will be well looked after by the attentive staff. The grounds and pool area are very well set out and it never feels crowded...unlike some hotels where the sunbeds are two inches apart!!

The suites are very roomy, a large king size bed, plus separate seating area, comfy sofa and armchairs, a CD player and mini fridge/bar . It is immaculately clean, rooms scrubbed from top to bottom on a daily basis.

It is also well situated, just a ten minute lazy stroll from the village.

I''m sure that you have made a very good choice....enjoy.

Jo

Offline Susan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:04:20 PM »
Many Thanks. It was nice to get some reassurance! Its always a risk deciding to go somewhere new we just took the plunge. We are looking forward to it, especially with the miserbale wind an rain we have today in the Western Isles - Roll on September!!!!  ;D

Offline BAS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 04:25:23 PM »
Hi Susan. We too have stayed at the Asfiya and really enjoyed it. We found Turkey, and particularly Kalkan, because we spent many holidays on gulets - started off with one week on a gulet and one week in a hotel and progressed to spending every holiday on gulets! Total chill out time. No dressing up, no make up - sometimes no hot water, but hey ho. You''ll have a fab time and will probably want more!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 05:09:02 PM »
yikes!!..no make up!! i hope you are a lady? :-*
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Gulet cruise

Started by streety on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post March 22, 2008, 05:57:32 PM
by streety
question
Asfiya Hotel

Started by RoseForever on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2015, 06:30:40 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Asfiya Hotel

Started by Leigh on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post May 21, 2009, 01:21:56 PM
by jnismith
xx
Asfiya Sea View Hotel

Started by Polly15 on Accommodation and Hotels

10 Replies
Last post May 22, 2014, 09:47:23 PM
by Polly15

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal