Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Yildiz - the most popular boat?  (Read 2767 times)

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Yildiz - the most popular boat?
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:50:04 AM »
Yesterday we spent a great day on Yildiz with Captain Osman and family, we have been doing this for six years in a row now and he just seems to get more popular. His phone kept ringing yesterday and he just kept saying full till mid September! Think he become an Internet phenomenon. Off the boat to  Kleo and then after sundowners and a quick change we ate for the first time at Mergez as after the boat trip a large meal was not required. Great value, good food and Majestic rose going down nicely, then it was back to Kleo to meet some friends and then on for some dad dancing at Mojito where the ages on the dance floor at midnight varied from 10 to 60! Lots of people having a good time under the searchlight.....

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11479.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Yildiz - the most popular boat?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:01:32 AM »
sounds like you had a great day!
I've never been on a Yildiz boat but I'm sure they are brilliant. I think people become faithful to the first really good boat they go on.....for us it's Moby Dick. I think Yildiz is the most popular because it is always the recommended boat on here and tripadvisor....possibly because it was one of the first to have a website/email booking?
I'd almost feel guilty now to try out a new boat!  :laugh:

Offline Kajfish

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »
Sounds wonderful.  We went with Captain Osman for the 2nd year running in June and are planning to go with him again when we return next year.  I'm sure there'll be lots of boats offering a similar excellent day out but we're happy with Yildiz and don't need to try any of the others.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 09:31:06 AM »
Yildiz is a great boat but you probably can't go wrong with any of them. Been on Yildiz boats numerous times but we also love Anil (also extremely busy as it's a smaller boat). Looking forward to our next boat trip on Anil in October.

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:53:12 AM »
I read somewhere on here about an evening barbecue cruise on Yildiz - does anyone know anything about costs/times etc as it sounds lovely?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »
We've gone with Adem and Osman on their Yildiz boats for many years...long before that were famous :) Sadly they got rid of Yildiz 1 which was a lovely small boat because they couldn't keep up with the demand for their trips.
We've also been on Muddy Boat, Romantik, and Pina X boats and they were all lovely days out. As KM says, you can't go wrong with a boat trip.
When we were there in June we left it too late to book a Yildiz boat, but were very impressed with Pina X-1 which we were able to book a couple of days in advance.
I think the evening trips are the same price as the day trips JenJen, but not 100% sure.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Kuzu

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »
We have tried three different boats this year and a couple the previous years...Muddy being our favourite with friends (couldn't get on this year) ...two in May & one in August...Sunset 2 (such a lovely family & great food), Sea Bella as a real last minute hop on (only 12 of us, food not great but good for a day out as got to Kaputas) and just on Saturday, Neptune...lovely size boat for 9 of us..
But all in all I don think you'd be disappointed with any of them...just a super chilled day out...

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 11:13:34 AM »
Haven't yet tried Yildiz, always go with Sunset 1, but next week our guests are going on Yildiz.  Hope they have good food and a good time.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »
Yield is excellent as are Anil and Sunset. Not done any others but I would imagine they cannot afford to be bad due to the competition
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 11:21:09 AM »
Thanks, k4e. We're out in 4 weeks so think we will try and book an evening cruise as haven't tried this before :)

Offline fidgetliz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 08:09:14 PM »
We did the evening BBQ cruise on Yildiz 2 on 3rd August it was 50tl per person and was worth every lira. There were 10 of us on the boat and we only booked on the previous Wednesday night. The food was fantastic and sailing back to the harbour looking at the stars rounded off a lovely evening. We left at 6.30pm and got back just about 11.15pm.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
yildiz 2 boat trip

Started by julia.wilson on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 08:45:21 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Yildiz boat trips

Started by Iwanttobethere on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

10 Replies
Last post July 20, 2012, 12:44:16 PM
by Skunk
xx
Yildiz boat trip

Started by craig3166 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

4 Replies
Last post June 10, 2010, 08:46:05 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Yildiz - Best Boat Trip!

Started by FWFrog on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

26 Replies
Last post February 23, 2013, 03:07:56 PM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal