Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Suleymans Place  (Read 1812 times)

Offline cocobarker

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Suleymans Place
« on: August 12, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »
I wasn't going to post until we'd got home but just have to say that if you are here and looking for a tasty,unbelievably good value meal , this is a great place to try... We've known Suleyman Tufan for many many years.. he was our  Kalkan-taxi driver of-choice and picked us up from the airport many times... last year he opened his own little cafe.... its on the main road into Kalkan from the traffic lights, just above Migros.... lovely little place and he is SO friendly... real family affair with  his wife and daughters helping him... I've been there a couple of times with Archie for a lunchtime Scooby-snack.... His Turkish Sandwich  is legendary.... its grilled lamb kofte with salad and special spices served in turkish bread... he makes everything himself,all very fresh  the meat comes daily from one of the local butchers and Suleyman picks it all himself..

Went there last night on the way back from a very late day at the Kalkan Beachclub... having ferried the family up the hill from the harbour we were seated at his ottoman table where we ordered 3 Turkish sandwiches,(Archie wanted to do a challenge and see if he could finish 2 off ) a lamb kofte wrap and a vegetable pancake... 1 large beer 2 cokes 1 large water and I decided to try an Ayran yoghurt drink(kids hated it I LOVED it)... Everything was delicious.... Archie had finished 2 by the time I'd munched  thru my first and was deciding whether or not he would have a lemon or chocolate pancake...The entire meal for the 4 of us was less than 40 lira!!

Its not the easiest of places to get to but is WELL worth the trek and Suleyman will make you very welcome... lots of Turkish in there at lunch and lots of people picking up lunch deliveries too...

Think I might pop back there at lunch today....And other end of the scale this evening.....little romantic dinner for 2 at the Mahal...

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11478.0

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Suleymans Place
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 08:36:12 AM »
Have to agree, we have been going to him since he opened his 'Cabin', he makes the best meat balls in Kalkan albeit they may be a bit smaller ---- yummy & it's not far from ours so very handy.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 09:01:24 AM »
We have eaten there on several occasions. Really good, reasonably priced food. Not an extensive menu, but that's not always a bad thing. Mains, beer, wine and ice cream, all for about £5 per head.

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Suleyman has been 'my' taxi driver also for several years. I will make a point of going to find him when I am there in October.

Offline mark

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
    • Kalamar Meltem Apartments
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »
I would agree with the above posts.  Good food and very good value. I have been a number of times since he opened and never been disappointed.
Tripoli - Rome - London - Kalkan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Suleymans place

Started by Mad-un on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post August 16, 2013, 09:18:00 AM
by DRBD
xx
What a place

Started by skauser on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post May 12, 2011, 11:40:04 PM
by Random
xx
Mussakka IS the place

Started by One sheet on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post June 29, 2013, 09:47:05 AM
by whiteonyx
xx
Adams place .

Started by Darcy on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post September 09, 2013, 06:26:56 PM
by chickengeorge

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Frosted Efes

Views: 3539
By: misty
Fernez Bay