Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: In depth report on beach clubs around Kalkan  (Read 7392 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: In depth report on beach clubs around Kalkan
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »
Lizilu and Maryjane you really have to try the beach clubs. The attraction for us is that you get to swim in the beautiful clear sea, in my mind so much nicer than a pool, and you usually get a breeze and also (big plus for me) no sand related issues!  ::) ::)

Don't forget there is also the town beach.....the beds give me serious 'bum ache', plan to take small blow up cushion next time.....but its cheap, close to lovely bars and restaurants and once again you get that gorgeous clear sea......just don't forget your beach shoes for getting in and out of the sea or you will be the day's entertainment!  :laugh: :laugh:

Obviously I'm a bit of a fan of the sea in Kalkan......so much so that if we get to go on our planned trip in October we will be staying b+b where our pool will be the town beach!

Offline tessag41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 02:43:09 PM »
we are off to Kalkan next thursday  ;D ;D
i was wandering what you had to do to get to these beach clubs do you have to go down to the harbour and catch a boat? do you have to pay? are they child friendly?
sorry for all the questions
tessa

Offline Kajfish

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 03:26:45 PM »
Yes, the boats all leave from the harbour at regular intervals.  No charge for the boat.  Some of the beach clubs are better geared up for children than others - Kalkan Beach Club has a water slide.

Offline tessag41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
Thanks for that it sounds ideal for my son
we will definitely try it
Tess

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »
Never been to Kalkan Beach Park but Kalamar is brilliant for teenagers, trampoline, free kayaks and free pedaloes and generally lots of other families with children and teenagers.....it was my daughter's favourite when they were that age. You can get a taxi there and the beach club will pay and then arrange for you to be picked up. Palm Beach is good too, our favourite now....brilliant friendly staff who are usually up for a game of table tennis. You can get boats from the harbour for Palm, Kalkan Beach and Mahal......Mahal is definitely not good for kids or teenagers....in fact its so quiet I get a bit bored.....but I have never seen a loo with a better view!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline tessag41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 04:35:54 PM »
Thanks Babs i will deffo try kalkan beach sounds ideal for my son who has autism and learning difficulties.

Offline deepasforever1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »
Can't believe we've been back for nearly a month and I still haven't completed this important research... Several times, just after we returned to the Uk I woke up thinking I was on a sun bed, just a short splash away from that beautiful blue sea, hmmmm
Anyway, here are my findings on the Kalamar bay beach clubs - if you find them a little shallow then please feel free to contribute to my fund for continued more in-depth research ;D ;D
This year we came without kids for the first time and for us it made sense to visit the Kulube hotel beach club, rather than the bigger, more child orientated Kalamar beach club next door.  Kulube is free - but you pay to get there. There is sadly no water taxi service to Kalamar bay but Kalamar beach club provides a free road taxi service. Not sure how it works though. ( yes, shoddy research here, I can hear all the tutting over the ether...)
I love the Kulube club. It' small and set in a tiny cove.  The snorkeling is better than Kalkan bay and it's nice and quiet. There is a a beach restaurant with reasonable food and good lemonade - although I felt the food wasn't quite as good as previous years.  Really, it' a great option if you're staying out Kalamar way.  Otherwise you do have to pay to get there... Oh someone said you could walk :o (not in August!!!)
Hey ho, it was great recalling that. Now it's back to a rainy reality here in Brighton.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Beach Clubs

Started by kizzy on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

11 Replies
Last post June 23, 2014, 10:10:03 PM
by Babs
xx
Beach clubs

Started by phil3 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post December 19, 2017, 07:58:33 PM
by juanmartin
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Babs on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

26 Replies
Last post July 22, 2011, 04:22:04 PM
by kele
xx
Beach clubs

Started by Lynne T on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

16 Replies
Last post May 30, 2013, 04:22:18 PM
by fidimax

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

001.JPG

Views: 3627
By: kaz1865
Glacier Glazing