Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Huskielady

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hello
« on: February 20, 2008, 08:24:10 PM »
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello and what a great find this is.

Going out to Kalkan again for my fourth time on March 13th to stay with a friend and can''t wait. Love the place so much am planning to move there in a couple of years time.

This site is really good with lots of useful info. Will be using the instructions for getting from the airport as hiring a car for the first time to drive to Kalkan but it''s so easy to remember anyway.

Can anyone advise if it''s cheaper to do this from England or Turkey? Have managed to find a rental here for 225GBP for a small car which will do for just me for the two weeks I am staying.

Also can anyone give give me an English person''s view on what the weather will be like as my Turkish friends idea of cold is  not the same as mine. They said it would be cold beginning of November when l last came and I didn''t find it that bad.

Many thanks :o

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1137.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:48:37 PM »
Hi Mandy - welcome to the forum - please - if you have any further questions - then do not hesitate to ask....we are here to help!   :)

I think that the price you have for car hire which equates to £16 per day is pretty good - I doubt you will better than even taking into account Enjoykalkan discount through Adda Tours - which is your hire company - by the way - just worth mentioning to see if anybody else has had good or bad experiences with them.  I know that car hire has been discussed on this forum before - so you could do a search on the threads to get hold of some other companies and quotes..!!

You are right - turkish people''s view of the weather in Kalkan is very different to us Brits...maybe we are just a hardy bunch - and them a load of wuss''ses  >:D ;D  No - what it is - they acclimatise to the better weather - even my english friends in kalkan feel the cold more than I do..!!  I think layers of clothes will be the order of the day...in January (28 degrees in the sunshine on my balcony) i was wearing a strappy Tshirt - and if i had a pair of shorts with me - I would have worn them excepting that the turks would definitely have thought that i was a mad crazy english woman wearing next to nothing..but really it was that warm for me!!  March you could be lucky with warm sunny days or some rain and cloud - but nothing like here - although it snowed a few days ago in Kalkan - the temperatures for me next week are forecasted to be early 20''s...yippee for me!!   ;D ;D

So be prepared for anything - but to strip off layers too - if it gets warm - nights will be cooler - but I have yet to really test my a/c on HEAT mode or my open fire...!!!   ;)

Enjoy!!!

PS:  Who are you flying with these days....(sorry for the bad joke)...!! :o :o ;) ;)
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 09:05:26 PM »
Hi Mandy,

Glad you found us - welcome to EnjoyKalkan  :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Yildiz View.JPG

Views: 2630
By: Lindy
Views of Kalkan