Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Beach club with kids  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Eners

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Beach club with kids
« on: July 19, 2013, 02:44:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have followed this forum for a while as my family and I will arrive in Kalkan for the first time this tuesday. Am very excited!

I have read the various posts about the beach clubs, but I dare to ask again for fresh advice. We have to boys, 11 and 8, both good swimmers. My question is: which of the clubs would you recommend? The boys will need easy access to water, and I will need a nice sunbed to relax with my book, preferably not far from the next glass of chilled wine and perhabs a nice meal during the day. Any thoughts?

(Pardon any incorrect spelling - I am not a native English speaker.)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11368.0

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Beach club with kids
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
Hi Eners
Your spelling is amazing, justbone or two v small inaccuracies but otherwise, perfect :)
Our guests with children often site Kalkan Beach Park as one of the most children orientated. They woud prob enjoy Kalamar Beach Club as it has good sea access and a great sea trampoline. Re kalkan beach park, I think you can pick upnthe water taxi to this at the harbour but I am sure someone will come along and tell you if that is not right. Have a great time.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 05:32:48 PM »
Kalamar Beach Club is great for children.....not been to Kalkan Beach Park but from what I have heard Kalamar is more relaxing for parents! Best keep everyone happy?  :laugh:

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »
To the right of Fener Cafe there is a slope leading down to where the water taxis are berthed check out the park you fancy the day before you want to go. The captain of the boat should be able to tell you the best time to visit to ensure you get a good sunbed position close to the water so as to keep an eye out for the children.

Regards   Buster
My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »
I may be shot down in flames here but I am going to be brutally honest and say i don't really think any of the beach clubs cater for kids - apart from the odd trampoline in the sea or the water slide into the sea (which I have heard is not very well looked after and not particulary safe). I can't imagine either of these would keep youngsters entertained for long. if it was me I would probably go to Indigo Beach Club (on the harbour) as they have the water sports centre there so could partake on the water rides and also you are not restricted you can come and go off site for a walk/lunch/ beach etc. its very peaceful there and they still have the steps into the sea and a floating platform to swim to. Its only my humble opinion but to me the beach clubs are more for relaxing adults (lovely as they are too).

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »
I do agree with chrissy to a certain extent about the beach clubs being more for adults than young children (having done our Agadoo years thats probably why we like them :)). That said, Kalamar does have free pedaloes and canoes and I would suggest that this club will be the cheaper of your options. The water sports activities on offer at Palm and Indigo aren't free and they are not particularly cheap but if you have an unlimited budget either of these clubs would be a good choice.
Have a great stay and let us know how you get on.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Eners

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 09:18:26 PM »
Thank you all for your advice - perhabs especially for the brutal honest one.  ;) I think we will try one or two of them, and will absolutely report back! Counting down now.  :)

Offline junehzrn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »
If you pick this up in time  - Kalkan Beach Park has easy access to the sea - many of the locals take their children there because of this reason. Lots of (free) sunbeds and 2 restaurant/cafes. Also there is a diving platform and a water slide. You will pay for the boat over but keep the ticket for refund off your drinks. Also make sure when you pay your bill that you pick up your ticket for return trip (at the moment last boat leaves at 20:30 ish). Water sports are right next door too - for Ringos etc :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal