Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Duty free perfume  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Duty free perfume
« on: July 16, 2013, 03:39:10 PM »
This is one for the ladies, or any male members in touch with their feminine side!  :)
My perfume stocks are running low and I'm fed up keep buying the same fragrances. Any tips on any nice new smells to buy from the duty free shop.
Misty - I'm talking about the real deal here  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11329.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Duty free perfume
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
I'm a big fan of florals....Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolfe , Jimmy Choo and Prada's Infusion D'Iris were all available in Duty Free for a bit less than you'd pay retail - not huge savings. My current favourite, Iris Noble by Aqua di Parma, was not for sale in Manchester :(
I did buy a nice fresh smelling EDP, Eternity Summer, for £23 (50ml) which I thought was a good price. To be honest, I buy a fair amount of perfume online from www.fragrancedirect.co.uk as I don't think their prices can be beaten, even by Duty Free.
Happy shopping :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 08:29:16 PM »
I always buy a giant bottle of Stella by Stella McCartney at Manchester duty free. It's the start of my holiday and the smell always reminds me of Kalkan now :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:26:40 PM »
I got Narcisso Rodriguez For Her at Edinburgh duty free in May. Lots of my friends have asked me for the name of it as they like it... :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:08:34 PM »
Thanks ladies, K4E, we have the same taste, I love flowerbomb and Jimmy choo. I bought Roberto Cavalli last year and that was really nice. My favourite of all time is chamade by guerlain, I've loved this since I was a child when my friends mum used to wear it, and my friend and I used to smell her scarves! I have a tiny bit left in a bottle but I'm frightened if using it up as its hard to come by.
I've heard that Stella is lovely but never tried it and I shall definitely have a smell of this, eternity summer and Narcisso Rodriguez. I've never heard of iris noble before but I will look out for it on my travels. Another perfume I used to love was called creation, by Ted lapidus, but I could only ever get it in Mexico or USA. I managed to source some on the internet a while back but it was really expensive.
I love my perfume and you've given me some fab ideas, thanks.  :) I'm like a startled bunny in the headlights at the airport duty free - so little time and so much choice! At least I've got some good pointers now. Incidentally, I noticed that jo Malone now has a shop at Manchester airport and I had to be forcibly removed at Easter by OH, for fear of missing our flight. ::)

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »
Ha ha, I introduced my boyfriend to the Jo Malone shop in Chester a while ago...he almost fainted when he saw the prices of the candles and still talks about it in horror from time to time  :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 07:01:35 AM »
Just checking my perfume stock Lizzie (6.30am) as you do!!! CK One is my everyday perfume and I get through masses of it, love it! But my extravagance perfume would be Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. I do agree with K4E though that Fragrance Direct is much cheaper than Duty Free for perfume, or Cheap Smells (my Boss thinks thats hilarious by the way), but it wouldn't feel like being on holiday if we didn't purchase something at the Airport would it! Always have the dilemma when in Duty Free whether to go to the Alcohol section or Perfume section first!

Jayne

7 days and counting!!!! Sorry I am going to get boring now, so excited!

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »
My favourite for years has always been Estee Lauder Private Collection so always buy one at the airport, this time it was over £20 cheaper than in shops, I think it's one of those smells you either love or hate one of my friends used to say it smells like pledge :-( but I nearly always get nice comments from men when I wear it and my OH loves it - may be worth a try its not a floral smell more of a fresh smell. My other fave is DKNY woman as it is also a very fresh smell although unless its on offer you can usually get cheaper in the shops when they have money off. Its all down to personal preference but I agree its a minefield now with all the choice you never know which to try.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 09:27:47 AM »
Thanks Jayne and Chrissy, I'm getting some fab ideas from you all and some lovely new scent ideas to sniff  :)
I might look dishevelled upon my arrival at dalaman airport but boy will I smell good!!!  ;D

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 09:45:10 AM »
I keep making mistakes! I think I like a smell, having had a few sniffs and squirts if I'm in the perfume section.Then I buy the perfume I think I like and within a few weeks I've gone off it and wonder how I ever liked it in the first place!
The one I think I like, at the moment, is Stella's new summer edition.
 The perfume I do like and wear a lot is  Cristalle by Chanel. L

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »
Hi lily, cristalle is beautiful, I also like no 19 and coco mademoiselle ( like Jayne ) but never liked no 5.
I've done that too with perfume and its infuriating. I try to spray it on from the tester, then carry on shopping for a while to let it fully absorb, but can't really do that in the duty free. I used to give them to my mum but now our girls are growing up, they bagsy them first.  :)

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
Know exactly what you are saying Lilly it has happened to me many times which is why I tend to stick with the ones I know I will always like as its always a very expensive mistake to make. I really think these cosmetic companies are missing a trick here by bringing out far too many different ones you just get bogged down with too much choice, its also the same with mascaras they tell you this is the best mascara ever then next week bring out another one which is supposed to be better  ??? and they never do what they say - unless anyone out there knows different?  ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
"Duty Free" Perfume

Started by clooneyrooney on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post May 05, 2008, 06:00:55 PM
by Mrs B
xx
duty free

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post September 03, 2011, 01:14:03 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Duty Free

Started by yakamoz on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 12:58:45 PM
by PurpleYorkieLove
thumbup
New duty free allowances

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post December 01, 2008, 09:57:08 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal