Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Seeing is Believing - the preparation starts.  (Read 3971 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Seeing is Believing - the preparation starts.
« on: July 14, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »
Yesterday it was 7 weeks today. Today, it must be just a little over 6 weeks.

And so the preparations are underway.
Of course my Mini Chopper will never be more than a hand’s shake away as I prepare Holiday Food, Yorkshire Style with a Turkish Twist. I’ve also got this new gadget, courtesy of TK Maxx.  It’s a Salad Shaker made of strong, durable and lightweight plastic. Nothing worse than a naked salad.

But this is no ordinary Salad Shaker. Not only are the ingredients of 5 famous dressings printed on the plastic shaker, it’s idiot proof. So, perfect for me. You just add them in the sequence they say and top up with the liquids until the designated level and Hey Presto! You can shake to your heart’s content! Serve and pour from the same elegant (plastic!) container.

Which made me start to think about the Perfect Kalkan Kocktail. I’m thinking, 7pm, warm glow on the face, roof terrace of Villa Kismet….time to shake.  Bring on “White Lady”.

25ml Cointreau, 40ml of your favourite gin, and shake up with 20ml of freshly squeezed lemons (have you seen the size of Morrison’s fresh lemons at the moment?!)
Well, I must say, it may not be 7pm but it does taste rather good (and the second one tasted even better) and will certainly be one of the offerings at Bar Antler this coming holiday. If Mrs A had 3 of these, she wouldn’t need the anaesthetist in Harrogate at 12 noon tomorrow!

As the evening progresses, we may have to move on to something with a bit more depth. How about  Cognac with Blood Orange?   I wonder if you can get Blood Orange juice in Kalkan?  I know I have seen all sorts of juices in Yali, so I bet you can get something similar. (I used to be grateful for a Blood Orange in my Christmas Stocking from my Grandmother, which has probably now been replaced by something more akin to a 64GB iPod?).

The other preparations are coming together nicely. Yildiz II for our day at sea – the best way to see Kaputas Beach to my mind, if the sea is not so rough.

And a new experience for us all this year – not so much to give me a night off, but more for me to learn from – is our own Chef at Home. The menu choices look fabulous and will be hard to choose from, but whatever we choose, I am sure it will be a night to remember – especially if I go easy on the White Ladies.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11321.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Seeing is Believing - the preparation starts.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 11:22:59 PM »
I don't know who is looking forward to your holiday most.....you or us? :)
I bought some peach nectar in A-101 which made perfect Bellinis, spot on for any peachy cocktails. A-101 is practically opposite our favourite butcher if you're trying to place it. With 7 of you that's a fair amount of duty free allowance.....and don't forget you can buy licquers in Dalaman Duty Free on arrival. I'm expecting cocktail recipes a go-go during your stay now so don't let us down ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:55:52 AM »
Lol!  I won't let you down, kalkan4eva!

I am collecting cocktail ideas like mad! 

The same for food recipes, as well which will be big on lamb, for sure - I even found one in a recent magazine for Lamb Mojito!  Which I guess, is not so daft if I think about it.....and being such a fan of fresh mint.

8)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:18:25 AM by antler »

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:16:23 AM »
And found it in a book called "Cooking with Sin!"

My holiday read, lol!!

http://cookingwithsin.com/2010/08/23/perfect-first-date-mojito-lamb

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 07:53:53 AM »
Am putting together an Antler recipe book as I speak!  :laugh:

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 02:42:31 PM »
Just 5 weeks to go....

Diet is going really well, although it has only been 24 hours.

Ollie has done even better - and handed me his 36inch waist Armani Jeans. They fit me a treat, although I may need the tailor opposite the old Mussakka Restaurant to re-finsh the leg bottoms, after taking the odd 5 or 6 inches off.

Also, not sure my Kalvin Clein boxers from China will look so good high above the jeans waistband, as they head south....

Purchased THE holiday T-Shirt going through Manchester Airport this week - Superdry, Passadena Valley Tee. Colour: Venice Beach Optic Mix. Soo cool - if only it weren't for the man boobs...

I should look the part - or, at least, I think that's what the guy in the shop said...

Had a rehearsal in the garden last week re some new recipes; just need to make sure I CAN get beetroot and some soft, blue cheese like St Agur in Kalkan: Beetroot, Pear and Blue Cheese salad on a bed of baby leaves.

Anticipation IS everything.

Antler

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 03:39:49 PM »
hey old bean!!.... i've seen beetroot in Kalkan so yes you can get it..... pleased to hear your boxers are trendy rather than string Y fronts And your man boobs can be cured by wrapping cling film around the top half of your body . ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »
...and you can get soft blue cheese in Yali, and the pears from the greengrocers.
What time do you want us round...?  :-*

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 08:10:51 AM »
Thanks , BL, the cling film could be a solution, but I suppose that will give me a fat neck and fatter butt?

K4E - oh yes, I remember now seeing a guy on the cheese counter in Yali last year, with a really good selection of cheeses. I can't believe you WON'T be coming round........

Just weeks next Saturady, now. Can't wait to have some Minted Lamb Skewers & Spicy Coleslaw (that was yesterday's rehearsal) up on the roof terrace......! Although, in the heat, I may want to cut back on the Scotch Bonnet Chilli......

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 12:54:09 PM »
3 weeks next Saturday....

2 more families to enjoy Villa Kismet before us....

1 more UK haircut before Jasmine Coiffeur takes over....

0 weight loss so far.

Last night's rehearsal - family BBQ for the Antlers+ didn't help....

Have decided that Fresh Tabbouleh is going to be the Salad of The Holiday. Seems to go with anything and was very popular last night.

It's lovely looking back at the photos of last years' holiday, grateful that I can, enjoying the wonderful sights: the view from the Mediteran Hotel infinity pool as we hung over the edge of Kalkan, the family lunch at Cafe Vita out of the searing sun, sporting our Vita T-Shirts, the solitary drink from Table 1 at Adams Place looking out towards Meis, the contrast of the pink flowers, white sand and azure sea at Patara, the vibrant colours of the vegetables at the Thursday Market. The sunrise that welcomes another day.

And amongst all of that, the Turkish Smile.

Anticipation, for sure, has got to be almost everything - apart from the memory.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
D400 road widening re-starts

Started by kalkan wife on Living In Kalkan

18 Replies
Last post November 18, 2009, 07:37:52 AM
by clarborough
xx
Seeing is Believing

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

27 Replies
Last post July 13, 2013, 09:44:30 AM
by antler
xx
Antler's Seeing & Believing - 2013

3 Replies
Last post August 30, 2013, 07:14:20 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Antler's Seeing & Believing 2013 Holiday - Day 1, Sept 1st

13 Replies
Last post September 03, 2013, 03:51:07 PM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

lovely streets

Views: 4083
By: jujus
Omars 20/9/07