Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First Time Holiday In Kalkan  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Seanie Prawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
First Time Holiday In Kalkan
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:51:59 PM »
We're off to Kalkan for the first time in just over two weeks, any one know the cost of the shuttle boats to the nearby beaches?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11239.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: First Time Holiday In Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 01:12:04 PM »
I'm not sure if they do shuttle boats just to the beaches,day trips yes,that stop at the beaches .... but you can get a dolmus to the nearby beaches or even a taxi .... maybe someone can help with the shuttle beach boats,the shuttle boats to the beach clubs are free from the harbour ( is this what you are asking seanie prawnie )
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
No, there are no water taxis to Kaputas - Patara is too far by boat - these are the nearest beaches to Kalkan but there is a town beach which is made up of large pebbles and that's adjacent to the harbour so is walkable. As Fidimax says the water taxis to the beach clubs are free but they aren't beaches, just platforms into the sea with sunbeds and mostly ladders and steps to get into the water. Great if you're not particularly a sand lover... ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »
If you want a proper beach you could try Kaputas. We used the local dolmus service from the main bus station in town to Kaputas beach - this was 6TL return for 2 people. A bargain. You need to catch the dolmus that is going to Kas and the bus stop is at the top of a set of steps that take you right down to the beach, which is beautiful. Turquoise water and white shingle sand. The sea is also relatively easy to get in and out of here too, though if you have sensitive feet maybe take some sea shoes. The buses were every half an hour back in May/June and it took around 10-15mins to get there. Fab day. It was also 20TL to hire two sunbeds and an umbrella for the day. There was a small business on the beach selling pancakes and drinks but other than that there is no beach cafe etc so would recommend taking a cool box with snacks/drinks if going for the full day. 

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 01:40:38 PM »
Kalkan beach is nice,well I like it,and you have all the local bars,cafes etc if you want lunch or a drink + you wont have a trip home,if you go to the far end of the beach it is more peaceful .
If you go to Palm beach club ( free boat from the harbour ),there is a very small pebble/rocky beach,you an get maybe 4 sun loungers on it,and right on the waters edge,but take beach shoes .... its great if you want a little privacy and the guys at the bar will bring drinks to you if you need them .... ;)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:46:03 PM by fidimax »

Offline Seanie Prawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 01:04:38 PM »
Thanks for the responses can't wait to get there......two weeks tomorrow!! :)

Offline shee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »
see you there seanie prawnie  ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal