Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: To book or not to book ?  (Read 1477 times)

Offline lurcherlou

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
To book or not to book ?
« on: June 23, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
Last month we booked our first holiday to Kalkan - very, very excited !! Our second time to Turkey - we stayed in Kayakoy last time but mostly ate out in Fethyie, so I'm very excited to stay somewhere we can walk to the restaurants (and stagger back !  :laugh:)
I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and have managed to find the answer to most of my queries, but I'm a bit concerned the restaurants I've liked the sound of seem very busy - I'm more of a 'lets have a walk around and find somewhere we like the look of person' but a lot of the restaurants mentioned seem require booking ahead. Will we be ok to arrive, walk around and 'discover' Kalkan each day, then perhaps book a restaurant during the day for that evening ? Or do I make a list now and start ringing the restaurants for a booking  :( We are arriving on the 11th July.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11217.0

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: To book or not to book ?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 05:56:07 PM »
Hi Lurcherlou.....no need to make a list and book ahead.....we usually book restaurants either during the day or the evening before....that way we have something to look forward to all day!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 06:13:24 PM »
Hi lurcherlou and welcome.
Just as Babs says, you will be fine. You may well get a table on spec depending on the time you wish to eat and if you don't mind where you sit. If you want a table overlooking the harbour, from a rooftop or harbour side restaurant then you may well have to book in advance but you can do that as you mooch round. Somewhere like Hunkar which is only very small but very popular, you may have to sit outside and queue for a while.
You will have a wonderful time, enjoy every minute and don't let some recent posts in here out you off. Kalkan is absolutely beautiful, delightful and magical.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:57:24 AM »
Hi lurcherlou, welcome to the forum.
I wouldn't book restaurants from home before you've even seen their menus or indeed what they look like. Small House has been a victim of that sort of behaviour, with people queueing up to book the balcony seat before they'd even been there. This is a small very Turkish restaurant run by lovely people who didnt know what hit them. As a result they have had some bad reviews and it's all terribly unfair on them. You don't say when you are coming, but if it's July/August you might want to go along and have a look at the restaurants you think you might like - maybe have a drink and if you like it you can book ahead. In peak weeks, one or two days ahead is the norm.
I would, however suggest you book a boat trip. Either from home, or within a day or two of arriving. Its been incredibly hot and most of the boats have been out, not many had spaces on the day...if any. Just wander down to the harbour either before 10am or after 6pm to have a look at the boats and see which takes your fancy. It's mostly 50tl per person, private charters vary significantly. Booking from home, I would suggest you look at the contact details on KTLN and reviews on here and Trip Advisor.
Hope you have a great trip :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
JET2 - to book or not to book?

Started by trolleyhead on Flights and Travel

32 Replies
Last post September 26, 2011, 09:41:41 PM
by helen1
xx
Does anyone know this book?

Started by Mercimek on The Everything Else Area!

3 Replies
Last post November 09, 2010, 03:58:33 AM
by Mercimek
xx
Book club

Started by Lynne T on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post November 18, 2018, 10:01:56 PM
by Lynne T
xx
Book group

Started by Alanpatfisher on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 02, 2008, 05:21:29 AM
by Alanpatfisher

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kaputas Beach

Views: 5263
By: friends
EK 70s Night