Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Mussakka takes pole  (Read 1310 times)

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Mussakka takes pole
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:28:21 AM »
It is I, One Sheet.

Our party of four made a trip to the Mussakka restaurant yesterday. We were seated at a nice table and made our choices. The choices were far and wide and included Paella and the Parmesan Chicken. We had heard good things but really didn't think it would be up there with Doy Doy but kept open minds.

The food arrived. It was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic. Everyone thought that they had ordered the best meal and food was exchanged around the table, balancing on the ends of forks to prove their point. In truth, I had chosen the best meal - the Summer Wok!!

As we ate and talked in the relaxed and chilled atmosphere, I glanced over to table on my right.  The guy was ordering Steak. I remembered my Steak at the Small House and thought 'you sucker, the Turks don't do Steaks, you'll regret ordering that'.

We finished off the evening sitting in the soft lounge sofas drinking coffee and liquires.
We talked about the food and the attention to detail and decided that Mussakka should take the top step on the podium.

It wasn't that Doy Doy had done anything wrong. It was that Mussakka had done everything right.

Oh, as for the Steak.  It was perfect.... thick, juicy and had a very slight tinge of red in the middle.

What will happen next week? Will Mussakka still be top dog? Who knows.

The king is dead. Long live the king.  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11208.0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:53:46 AM by One sheet »

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
Re: Mussakka takes pole
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:44:50 AM »
Mussakka has always been up there with the best in my opinion so am not surprised to hear you enjoyed it and also pleased as we are eating there tonight and looking forward to it. Its also a great place just to sit and have drinks on the comfy sofas and watch the world go by as the staff are lovely and friendly we go there nearly every night for drinks. We ate in kalamaki last nite which was superb - us and the table next to us were doing exactly the same thing (here try this), We ate in Gourmet Tuesday night and that was also superb which takes our top poll for now again nothing wrong with kalamaki just Gourmet pips it for us. I would say if you enjoyed Mussakka give those two a try also.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 08:29:04 AM »
Chrissy1, agree entirely re Gourmet...my new favourite evening restaurant as of May '13. Tough choice.

One sheet, if you are a carnivore I'd recommend Gourmet. Steaks are fantastic.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
Love mussakka and gourmet - who let the chickens out is my favourite there. Never been to kalamaki yet but it's on the list for this August.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Pole dancing

Started by tog miester on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 22, 2009, 06:56:12 PM
by tog miester
xx
Yildiz takes the biscuit

Started by pw on Money & Finance

6 Replies
Last post November 06, 2014, 04:15:28 PM
by clara 50
xx
Which gulet takes people who just turn up at the harbor?

Started by Cosetta on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post July 26, 2013, 06:11:20 PM
by cptergun
xx
Mussakka

Started by Roxie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post April 29, 2009, 03:30:20 PM
by PaulnSue

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

By the Pool.JPG

Views: 2647
By: Lindy
Rhodes collage