Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: easter  (Read 3525 times)

Offline andy s

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
easter
« on: February 16, 2008, 10:25:25 AM »
hi. We have been to Kalkan a couple of times in the summer and love it.We were due this year but are having a baby(to add to two kids! Must be mad) so have brought our trip forward to 22nd March for a couple of weeks. just a couple of questions about the weather and restaurants. What kind of temperature can we expect? Will many restaurants be open? will it be hot enough for us to brave the pool. Have a great villa just outside the old town with a huge pool so v excited. Thanks for any responses x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1120.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: easter
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 02:08:05 PM »
In the sunshine - in a sheltered spot - you can get up to early twenties I would say..more like mid to late teens for normal temperatures - expect some rain and cloud and cold nights - so bring layers....you may be lucky and pleasantly surprised.  We are usually out first 2 weeks in April to get the villa ready and sort out the pool etc...(well supervising somebody else doing it..LOL!) - I think you will be VERY brave if you decide to have a dip unless you are wearing a wet suit......a) if it has been prepared for you - it will have been filled with cold water and the sun won''t have had months to warm it up for you...so unless you are used to swimming in freezing temps....don''t let your wife dip...it might bring on a premature labour..!

There will be plenty enough restaurants open for you to eat at a different place each night....off top of my head...Kaya, Omar (some days), Tomato, Aubergine, Iso, Istanbul, Sofra...and more whose names momentarily escape me.. !!

Enjoy it - it will be a lovely quiet spring time to enjoy Kalkan without the searing summer heat...!!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 02:31:21 PM »
Hi Andy S,

Congratulations to you both, you will have some great fun times ahead of you in Kalkan!  Easter is a great time to visit and there will be plenty of restaurants open, both on the roof tops and on the harbour front.  Lasy year the weather was lovely and we even sat on the harbour for dinner some nights.  If it''s a bit chilly, a lot of the restaurants have log fires so it makes for a lovely atmosphere.  You will find the temps during the day from 18c+ with cool nights and if you are brave, you might get in the pool!  I did it twice last Easter, but it was not warm!!

Patara beach is one of my favourite places to be in spring.  The beach is deserted and the light is stunning, even on cloudy days. Catch a clear blue sky, light winds, take a picnic and, in my opinion, you will be in one of the world''s most naturally, most beautiful environments.

Look forward to it as you will have a great time.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »
Hi
We are out for the 3 weeks over Easter, and usually go out in March. The weather is often warm, definitely T shirt and crop trousers weather! Jeans and a fleece will be needed if going out in the evening.
There will no doubt be a couple of rainy days, so a collection of DVDs will help.
There should be quite a few restaurants open, and a few more will no doubt open while you are there!
Em
Em

lolly

lolly
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 09:39:26 AM »
Hi all, I will be going out to Kalkan at Easter(can''t wait) my son and his girlfriend will now be coming with me, another good restaurant that will be open is one of my favorites DOY DOY they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner great food and excellent service(already booked my table for 20th March lol) This time I have rented a car I only drive automatic the cost is £135 inc. which I think is not bad for the week!! The weather can be nice but also expect some rain so take a brolly.
                             Regards to all Lolly x

Offline Diane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Living in Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »
It''s exciting for Kalkan businesses to read so many people saying they will visit this Easter. I know that many restaurant / bar owners are not sure there will be many visitors this year because Easter is early and hence are unsure whether to open. But the Turks are optimists by nature and I am sure you will find more than enough places open and ready to serve you.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
easter egg,

Started by Our Turkish Love on The Everything Else Area!

3 Replies
Last post March 22, 2008, 06:04:06 PM
by itstime
xx
Easter 2017

Started by alantj on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post April 07, 2017, 12:57:20 PM
by alantj
xx
Whats it like over Easter?

Started by annav on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post February 26, 2010, 08:43:56 AM
by annav
xx
flights at Easter

Started by lolly on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post January 22, 2008, 12:10:35 PM
by lolly

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal