Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ONUR FLIGHT FROM GATWICK 21ST MARCH  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
ONUR FLIGHT FROM GATWICK 21ST MARCH
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:15:02 PM »
Just got home to find a letter telling us that our flight to Dalaman on Friday 21st March will now go via Manchester!  Ah well at least we''re going!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1114.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: ONUR FLIGHT FROM GATWICK 21ST MARCH
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 09:15:43 PM »
Better than being cancelled completely as some of us have faced.. >:D >:D  as you say - at least you are going..!!   ;)

I understand that from April - all will be OK with ONur air flights - we leave on April 4th - so fingers crossed - I am sooooo fed up with their winter schedule being chopped and changed, and cancelled...(although I do understand the reasons why) I have booked with Thomas cook...!!

I hope they fare a bit better..!! 
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline lijah

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:01:39 PM »
Hi
Will avoid Onur air in future if possible during winter anyway.They cancelled our flight back before we left UK so rebooked and damn me they cancelled the second flight back whilst in Kas and wanted us to travel to Bodrum for return trip or dump us in Manchester instead of Gatwick.So cancelled .Out of the £114 return each they refunded £39.50 each.Wasn''t exactly excicted about this but did manage a fare back with Thomas cook for £32 each. Luckily I did check my e mails whilst in Kas .For any old customers of Onur whom may be flying ,they don,t do meals anymore.You can buy snacks now similar to Easyjet. Malcolm

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 09:30:12 AM »
Hi malcolm - I would argue that if I were you....when Onur air cancelled my flights or even told me they were changing them - they gave me a FULL refund - I expected nothing less than that....

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:48:24 AM »
Hi
I would never fly with Onur Air, after our ''in air scare'' with them, and the fact that they were refused to land in most of the European Countries (allegedly) because of their safety record. It was horrendous, and I rate my safety a little higher than Onur Air do.
Em
Em

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »
Em1 who do you fly out with in the winter?  I can''t seem to find any flights but those with Onur.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
Hi
I went out with Thomas Cook, it was packed both ways ( but cheap)!
Em

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 12:11:30 PM »
Thanks for that Em1.  Do you know do they only fly from Gatwick in the winter?  Charlie

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »
I know that the Onur debate has raged on for some time both on this and the TA forum - but to be quite honest- in their defence - I have had no scares with them and have found some of their planes to be newer and better maintained than the awful Thomas Cook one that I just came out on.  The staff were courteous and friendly and I would rate them as highly as any other charter airline....  Their prices are usually (but not so this year unless you booked very early) pretty competitive and again, until this winter, I have had reliability with flight times...so I would recommend them.  I do appreciate Em1''s points and opinion but I think that you would be put off anybody when you have had a scare - even BA..!!  And they certainly would not be allowed to land in the UK (I know they had a problem a few years ago) and other EU airports if they posed a safety risk....so I am happy to fly with them!  :)

Re: Thomas Cook - they certainly fly from Stansted in the Winter as well as Gatwick - and I just did a quick search from Manchester and they are listing March flights...so I guess they probably do fly from other airports in the Winter..  Having just flown with them - I was pretty appalled by the state of the plane...my seat was falling to pieces and the leg room seemed more cramped than normal..and I am not the tallest person around....!!  About the only plus over Onur is that they have inflight entertainment (if you pay for your headphones) and if that is really important to you..!!

Cheers!

Offline yelkenite

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 03:21:13 PM »
Well done Felicity; sticking up for Onur air.  Apart from occasional reliability issues over flight delays, which, lets face it, most airlines have at one time or another, I''ve found them ok too.
Bill

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 10:42:47 AM »
I''m relieved that there are at least two forum members that rate Onur Air. We''ve booked with them this year - because they were much cheaper than XL - and Em1''s e-mail certainly startled me. There are other threads on Onur and it seems opinion is divided. Don''t mind if there''s no in-flight entertainment (have an ipod) or food (can buy something in the airport), but do mind if there''s safety issues (I''m not the best flyer. The fact that they are able to fly out and into the UK surely means they have the appropriate licences?
We don''t go till June, so I''d be grateful if forum members booked with Onur before then can let us have their views on the flights.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Shirley Burley

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »
I have flown with Onur Air more times than I would care to count and am an extremely nervous flier.  Never had a single problem with them winter or summer, and am using them again to fly to the UK and back in September as their prices are very competitive.  The fact that they have no in-flight food is irrelevant to me as I don''t pay Thomas Cook''s ridiculous prices for their food anyway, and take my own food.  There is considerably more leg-room on Onur Air planes than on TC, and a bigger luggage allowance.  If you read their in-flight magazine they are very proud of their safety record, which (having been the victim of negative press in the past) is second to none.

''In-air scares'' can occur on any airline and are just bad luck, not a symptom of the quality of the airline.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »
Can only reiterate the sentiments of those who support Onur Air. Have travelled with them many times and am doing so again this summer. No problems!
Haven''t had an in-flight meal on any flight for years as in the past they''ve been a "bit rubbish" and definitely overpriced.
Don''t bother with in-flight entertainment as I prefer to read, so all in all pretty happy with Onur Air.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Ticket available Gatwick to Paradise on 15th March

Started by clashgour on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 31, 2015, 12:54:35 AM
by clashgour
xx
Flight for Sale, Gatwick, 2nd April

Started by Yabancı on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post March 24, 2012, 03:38:55 PM
by Yabancı
xx
Pegasus flight Gatwick to Dalaman via Istanbul

Started by suziq on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post January 20, 2016, 10:40:26 PM
by bankieken
xx
FLIGHT GATWICK TO DALAMAN 27TH DECEMBER

Started by Charlie on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post December 05, 2010, 08:44:41 PM
by DawnT

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

EK 70s Night

Views: 4230
By: Enjoy Kalkan
kalkan