Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: tanZore  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
tanZore
« on: June 05, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »
I would really like to share with you just how nice our meal at tanZore was.

Firstly I'll start with the service as this was really outstanding. Esra & Billy really made us feel welcome and were really really lovely. We had a very nice chat with Esra who set about recommending beautiful places for breakfasts, other places to eat etc but also some mosquito remedies as I resembled a pin cushion by this point! We thought this was exceptional to take so much time to speak to us and get to know us.

Secondly the food & drink: Fly Swat Ninja was exceedingly impressed to see Corona on the menu and was quoted saying 'this is so good my eyes are watering' think it was a nice change from Efes for the night. I had a lovely white wine, wasn't the house - second on the menu (can't remember what it was called though I'm afraid) this was also very good and served in a very large chic wine glass - I'm a sucker for big classy wine glasses! Fly Swat isn't a fan of curries so had a chicken shish kebab but said it was Devine and very very tasty. I had the chicken tikka Pathia, which was delicious! The chicken was succulent and tender, and the flavours were just right. Not too spicy, not too bland. Really really flavoursome.

If you're looking for somewhere different, with exceptional service and a fabulous view. I recommend.  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11130.0

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: tanZore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »
Hi AO,

So glad to hear you had a fab night at tanZore, we are trying Sooo are to get things just right. As you know we are Brand new this season.....chicken Shish in a curry house, very different I must say, must be a first, don't you think  ;) Thanks for your kind words, we All find it so very encouraging  8) ;) 8)

Everything is imported, from the spices ( can't get the real spices needed for authentic Indian cooking out here in paradise ) the flour for the Nan's, poppadum's and Most of all the 'Tandoori Oven' which was a proper challenge getting through customs @ Antalya airport......customs had it listed under...pharmaceutical's, yeah, mad but true  ???

Now just waiting for the 'Take Away Menus' to be delivered.....was promised them 2 weeks ago....TurkeyTime as we call it  :P
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:09:52 PM »
Good to get your feedback AO, have also read some very favourable reports on Tripadvisor - I agree about the glasses it makes all the difference drinking wine from a nice big glass (I think anyway). We will def give tanZore a go during our stay in a couple of weeks and good luck to Billy in his new venture.

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 08:31:16 PM »
Totally off topic but have you seen the Villeroy & Boch wine glasses? I absolutely love them!

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
I'm always losing my glasses......can't work out why  ;) >:D ;)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »
I don't usually use them, OH often finds me walking past the fridge taking a swig of the Pinot!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 09:50:09 PM »
Can you get buckets with a stem????? ::) :-\
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 10:04:50 PM »
BL...ingenious! I love your way of thinking! Could use a spade to scoop it up too!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
Glad you had a great time......and even more glad you have adopted your rightful name!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Tanzore

Started by joycie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2013, 08:28:49 PM
by joycie
xx
Tanzore Indian restaurant (Chapter One)

Started by Chrish on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

45 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 09:08:50 AM
by headroom
xx
Tanzore Indian restaurant opening tomorrow

Started by maryharvie on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

40 Replies
Last post May 21, 2013, 05:01:41 AM
by onelove

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Omars 20/9/07

Views: 4771
By: Wendy
Views of Kalkan