Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: June is busting out all over.....  (Read 17248 times)

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: June is busting out all over.....
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 06:09:37 PM »
Thank you K4E, I've really enjoyed reading your reports especially the last one which was beautifully written. We will be there in 2 weeks time, our 7th year and the whole family are coming again. I think it says something about the place when a 21 yr old and 19 yr old want to tag along with girlfriend and friend......and it's not just that we're paying! Kalkan is special. :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 10:39:58 PM »
Oh K4E, brilliant, you are SO cool - and reassuring!

Maybe it WILL be safe to go there in September, after all?

And we will live a few steps above Mussakka - joy!

Travel safe,

Antler

(That butcher says some strange things?)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 08:58:17 AM »
Fantastic reports K4E, you are very talented  8) 8) 8)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
you are right about the mossi's. we have had a property here for 13 years but this year we have had loads of bites! never happened before. they even got my bare bum in bed the other night!!! :laugh:

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2013, 12:43:20 PM »
How very odd, the sprayer has been out 2 times a week for the last 6 weeks on our street in Kalamar Bay, can't work out why it's not covering other areas  ???

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »
Thanks K4E for taking the time to write your wonderful reports. I'm sure we are all as disappointed about you coming home as you are. I know that I for one, logged on daily hoping that  you had managed to fit in a quick report. As a newbie I only have the pictures on the internet so your reports along with others have helped to bring it all to life.

Am looking to book somewhere for our first night when we come in August. Based on reviews on here I am toying with either mussakka or Gourmet. The rest of my party of 8 don't really have much idea about Kalkan as they have been happy for me to sort it all, so I'm keen to make a first good impression. Would value yours, or anyones else's opinion on either harbour side, or roof top for the first night?

Have read with interest some of the threads recently but nothing can dampen my enthusiasm and  excitement!
Hope you had a safe, non eventful journey home.

Suzyq1

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:37 PM »
Woke up late morning to sunshine, blue skies and wispy clouds. I looked out of the window and instead of the beautiful blue sea over the rooftops of Kalkan I saw the Clywydian Range over the rooftops of our village. Ah well...at least it wasn't raining and we have much to be thankful for :-[
Already counting the days till we are next there...in the meantime I look forward to hearing all about your visits to keep me going until then.

Thanks for your lovely comments....I feel quite emotional :'(

PS suzyq1, you won't go wrong with either Mussakka or Gourmet as they are both fab.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2013, 08:53:53 AM »
K4E, thank you so much for your insightful, witty and entertaining reports! Will very much miss reading your latest updates now you're back. Also, thank you for the positivity and perspective that you have given us. Well needed I'd say!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »
Hi K4E it's been a long time since I posted regularly on here (after many years got a bit fed up with some of the arguments" ) but have been taking a look on and off. Have loved your reports and so glad the Kalkankles were helped by the magic pills:-)
Glad you had such a wonderful time.
We're out again on Tuesday and can't wait. Had a stressfull year with a housemove a few months ago and a particularly manic time at work so feeling the need of some Kalkan chill time. I know I won't be disappointed.
Thanks again for sharing your love of Kalkan with us all
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:34:03 PM by itstime »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2013, 10:45:36 PM »
Hey itstime.....welcome back :) I've been wondering where you'd got to - good to know all is ok. I think the forum goes through peaks and troughs in terms of opinionated wassocks but generally they get a rise out of people and then slope off. I hope this post will be the first of many more after your self imposed exile as you have been missed on here.
Have a fabulous holiday, you sound like you need a break....pack the SPF70 as its HOT HOT HOT :P

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2013, 11:46:31 PM »
Hi itstime, nice to have you back on board! I hope you you managed to replace your duff water hammock and will soon be lounging on it!
K4E, I can only echo everyone's comments, not only were your fab reports entertaining, they reminded us just why we love kalkan and what a special place it is despite the "opinionated wazzocks" recent efforts to cause mayhem on this forum. Well said both of you.  :)

Offline Jann

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
  • "The purpose of life is to fight maturity."
    • Share Post
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
Please forgive my absence. I have dipped in and out of the forum periodically  - but pet health worries, work and life in general have interrupted.

K4E, you really should consider writing a regular blog for your writing skills are tremendous and I've immensely enjoyed reading your holiday report, along with others', so much so that the days cannot disappear quickly enough until our trip on 19th August.

By the way, is anyone else from this forum in the village then? If so, it would be lovely to meet up.

Must try harder to keep in touch with all of you on a more regular basis.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
Welcome back Jann and thank you for you lovely comments.
I'm a mere novice and my blog is nothing compared to Antler's - already counting to days down till their holiday and his blog from the Blog Spot. I will literally be able to see it as he writes.....
August will be here before you know it, so look forward to hearing all about your visit. Enjoy :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »
Sounds as if you had a great time K4E........also sounds as if there has been more bickering on here while we have been away in Dubrovnik......has been lovely here but I don't feel as relaxed as I do in Kalkan......back home tomorrow and then 3 months and counting till Kalkan.
Thanks for the brilliant reports.....look forward to your next trip  :laugh:

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2013, 07:27:08 PM »
 From K4E: Also, I found a cure for my other annoyance here...Kalkan Frizz. Despite the heat and high humidity level my hair remained frizz free :o Avon Morroccan Oil 360 hair masque applied to my hair every other day at around 3pm has been my saviour.

Thans K4E while mooching around in Poundland yesterday came across some Russell & Mellor Frizz Ease which contains Morroccan Argo Oil. Tried it this morning on my fringe which is always frizzy & dry and it works. Poundland had a few different types of hair products containing this oil so a bargain at that price,  I'll be packing mine in my case in a few weeks.
Also thanks for the recommendation on Lidl Cava, just finished my first bottle, so apologies for any typos...
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Va Va June

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

32 Replies
Last post July 25, 2018, 06:13:33 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Weather in June

Started by Beckolars on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post June 11, 2019, 08:11:32 AM
by cleworthallray
xx
June jaunt!

Started by Babs on Holiday Reports and Reviews

18 Replies
Last post July 22, 2018, 11:37:40 AM
by keith
xx
Flaming June

Started by kalkan4eva on Holiday Reports and Reviews

89 Replies
Last post June 28, 2012, 10:03:44 AM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal