Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Jewellry redesign  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Jewellry redesign
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »
So, I am heading over next week and during a conversation at work about selling some rings or getting them remodelled, it suddenly occurred to me that it might be possible to bring them with me and take them to one of the jewellers in Kalkan to get them redesigned and remodelled.
Does anyone know if this is possible in any of the jewellers and if so would they be able to do it in the space of a fortnight and would it be hideously expensive?
What about the quality of the workmanship - any opinions about or experience of that?
Thank you

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11046.0

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Jewellry redesign
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »
I had a diamond ring repaired at Infinity jewellers - can highly recommend, the work done was excellent and reasonably priced.

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:32:37 PM »
I had my original engagement ring and my grandmother's ring made into a ring in October for my 50th birthday. I went to Yardan ( I think that's the spelling). We also had my wedding ring and my husband's ring made into a ring for me, last July. We were really pleased with both rings and the workmanship. The cost both times was very reasonable. Sadly the ring I had made in October got crushed in a freak accident at school about a month later. The opal was shattered....I was devastated! My husband bought me a new opal for our anniversary and I am taking the ring and opal in July to see what they can do.

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:36:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your special ring - I am sure they will be able to do something - I would advise you take it in as soon as you arrive so the have the full two weeks to repair - good luck :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:07:25 PM »
I have an eternity ring that I would like made smaller, have taken it to a local jewellers and they didn't think they could do it as the front of the ring is a band of small stones. Ì'd love to wear it as it has a story behind it. My husband bought an old fashioned  lightweight case in a charity shop whilst we were on a break in the west country some years back. He decided to use it when we went to Kalkan last year as his old one was broken. When we arrived back home and he unpacked tipping out his things on to the floor out fell a ring, probably had been wedged in the pocket. The strange thing is it's a tiny ring and I have very small fingers too. We were curious so we took it to the jewellers who said it looked quite old and the stones spelled dearest, diamond, emarald etc. I would loved to have found the owner but there was no chance given the time and circumstances, so I would love to have it made smaller and wear it on my little finger, only wish I knew the history behind it as I'm sure someone was so upset about losing such a sentimental item. Have to try my luck at the Kalkan jewellers maybe they can alter it, you never know.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »
Have had a couple of rings remodelled and am delighted with the result.  The lovely thing is you know you are getting a unique one off piece of jewellery but it still has the sentimentality of the original item.  I used Sedat when he was working in Infinity and again in his own shop, Wishes.  Highly recommend the service and it only took a few days.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »
Mother in law had rings remodelled by Yardan.....hes on the corner by the moonlight...hes a very nice man as well ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 02:35:40 PM »
Apo at Raw Diamond, next to Giranda Restaurant, is very good too.I have seen some of the jewellery he has made and it was beautiful and to a very high standard.

Helshe - I am sure you will be able to get the work done in Kalkan within your timescale.All the jewellers are used to working with holidaymakers as well as locals.

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 09:20:02 PM »
Thank you so much everyone, I will take them with me then and see what happens.  ;D ;D

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »
Try the new Missilver shop down by the harbour, Janet doesn't like dangly earring so he remodelled some for her. She's really pleased with the results & has something unique as well.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Market Food

Views: 2458
By: Pompeyalbie
Adam's Lamb Shank