Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Abi Tours  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Annie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Abi Tours
« on: February 07, 2008, 09:17:39 AM »
Hi to all!
Has anyone been on the trip to Saklikant Gorge (spelt correctly??) with the above company.  I want to find the best way to visit this place.  They were a little unclear about what to wear etc on their site, only that we should be prepared to get wet! Thanks in anticipation.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1093.0

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Abi Tours
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:43 AM »
Hi Annie,
haven''t done the Saklikent trip with Abi. We did it independently. I just wore shorts, swimming costume and a T.shirt. Be sure to hire the shoes at the Gorge as it can be a bit slippery. Also I wouldn''t take any valuable items.
We have done the Kekova trip with Abi and it was excellent, really well organised and not hordes of people.
Hope this helps!

Offline mangmang

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »
Hi Annie,

We took that trip last year and had an excellent day ;D.Wear shorts or cropped trousers that will dry quickly. If you don''t have suitable footwear you can hire some waterproof shoes at the gorge. You will want shoes that will stay on as the water is quite fast at the start of the gorge.

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 02:05:11 PM »
Hiya Annie...
We did the Saklikent Gorge trip with Abi in 2006.
Linda took us along, and then on to a couple of other places after (will page the Oracle, Mr B, when he gets home, as he will remember all the details!).
I hired the waterproof shoes...think jelly bean shoes in the 80''s!...and wore cropped trousers, though shorts would be better in the deeper water.
Mr B wore his ''Teva'' walking sandals and had no problem keeping them on in the faster water, and he also said they were comfier on the pebbley bottom!

We took a towel for afterwards, and a change of clothes...just in case!  ;)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »
The hire shoes have to be the most uncomfortable pieces of footwear I''ve ever worn and they did come off easily. Much better IMHO to wear an old pair of sandals/trainers which you don''t mind getting wet.

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »
The only advice that I can give is not to wear anything nice.We returned from our day covered in damp dust. Damp because we were just starting to "dry out" and the dust came from the dirt track road we travelled along. Make sure you take your camera or mobile phone etc in a waterproof bag because they might end up ruined if you don''t. It''s not just the passengers that get drenched the jeep does too.
When they tell you to be prepared to get wet the only way I can describe it is like being plunged into a swimming pool fully clothed!

We had a fantastic day and hope you do too.

Offline Annie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »
Thanks to all, this site is invaluable. It sounds like a brilliant fun day out.  Will certainly book this one.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 08:42:33 PM »
Yes - do - it is one of my fav trips..!!   ;)  Also - if the visit allows - go for a delicious meal of fresh trout at the Yakapark trout farm and a quick visit to Tlos - ancient roman ruin - quite an amazing sight - makes you realise how clever the Romans were..where did we go wrong..?? ???
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
it is a great trip, but we did notice the last time we went the amount of children young people that offered there hand to help us across the water, we didnt need it but didnt want to appear ungrateful so took there hand, they then followed us pestering for money for there help, we didnt give any and on the way back we didnt fall for the same trick.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
tours

Started by seasick on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post August 15, 2009, 09:20:29 PM
by Chucky
thumbup
3D Tours

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post November 26, 2008, 09:12:56 PM
by Chucky
xx
Abi Tours

Started by FrancisDonald on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post April 26, 2010, 04:03:24 PM
by tonik1945
xx
badda tours

Started by belinda on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 04:47:02 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal