Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotels in Old Town  (Read 5867 times)

Offline Brenditaa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hotels in Old Town
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:46:48 AM »
Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in Old Town preferably with a pool, I am single and will be in Kalkan from the 16 may - 28 may.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10902.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Hotels in Old Town
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »
There's lots to choose from - somewhere like Samira Gardens or Meldi would be perfect for you - both very central locations (think Meldi offer free transfers too). Courtyard (which was White House) is incredibly central, but not sure they have a pool. These are smaller establishments that I would stay in if I was travelling alone. A bit further along Kalamaar Road is Pasha - a lovely aparthotel which I again I would choose if I was staying alone.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:07:55 AM »
I agree with K4E,Samira gardens is good,and Pasha,yes a bit out of town,but only 10 mins walk down Kalamar rd,but its a little gem.
Also lots of apartments closer to town,depends what you want,have a look at Korsan apts and the Med apts ,both good with a choice of pools and minutes from the old town .... Enjoy.
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »
What about hotel Dionysia  ? very close to town yet quiet side street   www.aldihotels.8m.com
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline AnnDL

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 12:24:02 PM »
Can recommend Meldi, stayed there last May. They do offer private taxi transfers for stays of over 7 nights. There were a few single ladies there last year. The staff and management are very welcoming and efficient without being OTT. The other guests were also very friendly. Staying there again in Sept and will be at the Pasha in June. Meldi is only a 10 min walk into town and there are lots of bars/restaurants on the way. p.s Meldi has a restaurant and serves wonderful steaks!  Both Meldi and Pasha have a high repeat guest ratio and do get booked up quickly but worth a try. Have a lovely holiday wherever you decide to stay. 

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
If you want to stay in the old town you will find that none of the hotels have pools as the buildings pre date the existence of pools. (Actually a good indicator at what qualifies for the old town!) You have the sea at you feet, literally, so no need for a pool that will be pretty cool in May, the sea may be a better option.
The best place to stay is the White House, other central places are the Zinbad (looks quite run down) or the Pirat which has a pool or 3 but not the ambiance of a small hotel. I would avoid any other central small pensions as not being particularly inviting to a single female!

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »
What about hotel Dionysia  ? very close to town yet quiet side street   www.aldihotels.8m.com
Stayed there a few times BL, loved it. Lovely pool area with own snack bar

I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 08:10:21 PM »
Think KalkanKiki sums it up perfectly.White House is your best bet.Historic building actually located in the old town.Just 2 minutes walk to the beach and harbour.Very safe for a single female,

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 08:30:30 PM »
I stayed at Svengi hotel 12+ months ago! , lovely room and meals , great staff, great pool, prices were fantastic

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »
I thought the White House was now called Courtyard....? Am I confused (not unusual..)? If they are two different places, Courtyard appears to be very central and is marketed through Turquoise Collection.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 12:07:25 PM »
Yes I'm a bit confused about that too, but as far as I remember last year it was slightly down the hill very near the White House.  ??? ??? ??? It looks quite expensive though!  :(

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 12:22:27 PM »
The Courtyard is under the same ownership and management as the White House (Halil & Marion), but is very different in style and standards of accommodation. The Courtyard is a conversion of a couple of (large) old Turkish properties adjacent to the White House. The conversion was architect-designed and supervised and has been done to an exceptionally high standard, using traditional materials where possible. Each of its rooms is individual. Worth looking at the website but, yes, the rooms there are more expensive than those at the White House - but with good reason!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »
thanks Mags....I did think it was intially somewhere new - as you say the style is different to White House, but I'm pretty sure someone on here indicated that the White House was now called Courtyard. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Offline Brenditaa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »
Well after all the reviews on here I have decided to stay at Pasha apartments hotel, I went to tripadvisor and it is rated no 1 and had the best reviews of all the places that I checked.

If anyone has any input on this hotel I would love to hear from you.

thanks to everyone....

brenditaa

Offline AnnDL

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »
We are staying at Pasha 10 June for 3 weeks. Had a look round last May and was very impressed so we booked an apartment in January. If you email Imelda she will answer all your questions and can arrange your transfer. Its very friendly and has a lovely pool and bar area. Their local knowledge of bars/restaurant will come in very handy. We can't wait, counting the days, you have made a good choice. Enjoy every minute. 

Offline Brenditaa

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 06:41:22 PM »
After all my research I found out after calling that the hotel was booked, but never mind I have decided to rent an apartment.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hotels

Started by Griffo63 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 06:49:04 AM
by Griffo63
xx
Hotels in Dalaman?

Started by sally on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post April 17, 2010, 09:15:24 PM
by sally
xx
Tipping in Hotels

Started by Alfaman on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post March 28, 2010, 08:27:05 PM
by ocean dreamer
xx
Hotels still open

Started by Sandancer on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post November 04, 2013, 02:52:04 PM
by baclava

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal