Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: packing  (Read 9021 times)

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: packing
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »
Hi
We go out with hand luggage only most of the time..just leave a few essentials out there. Saying that I only ever take hand luggage no matter where I go, if I can get away with it!
Em
Em

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 08:55:39 AM »
Hi,
I leave a lot of stuff in our apartment, but then cant remember what I have left out there! Plus I get this irresistible urge to buy new things for my holiday. I am lucky though because I just lay out what I am taking and the other half does all the packing (usually muttering "way too much stuff" as he does so) Then OH weighs cases to make sure they are within the allowance.

lolly

lolly
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 09:52:48 AM »
 Well, where can I start, if I go for 2 weeks I will take at least 10 pairs of shoes, including stilettos ( will walk bare foot if need be!!) 14 pairs of knickers and bras, 10 pairs of trousers, a couple of skirts loads of t.shirts a couple of dresses.....plus what I keep at the flat... yes I''m crazy !!!! yes I''m vain!!!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »
Im with Loretta here - when I leave stuff at our villa - I forget what I have left - so end up taking more..!!  Tried being organised and writing a list which helped - then I decided I didn''t like what I had out there and took new anyway...you know with us females what we are like for clothes..!! LOL!   ;D ;D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 12:13:23 PM »
Hi felicity,
I too wrote a list then promptly lost it! So I HAD to buy new stuff.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »
haha - I think this answers the questions - the majority of us women simply cannot pack light - it is simply not in our nature...so needless to say the no-frills airlines have cottoned on to that and are making their fortunes out of excess baggage charges on us poor women who simply have no choice in the matter... ;D ;D >:D

Offline Mrs B

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »
I agree with Sally and Vicksen...i have a list i follow every year, similar to Sally, and never stray.
In fact, i''ve been known to cross something off when i return so i dont take it the year after!
We only take a sports bag each, no suitcases, so that ensures its only necessities packed.
No makeup, hair products, electrical hair curlers/straighteners as my hair frizzes regardless of how much time i spend on it, and the makeup feels unnatural when i''m on hols.
No heels, nothing that needs ironing, nothing that feels ''restricting''...specially after all the baclava i intend to consume!!

Just light, floaty and comfortable clothes, comfy shoes and lots of hairbands!  O0

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 03:01:26 PM »
Dint think you''ll manage somehow. Lilly will have to let you store a case in our garage! Just tell Mr. Itstime not to bring so many of his books. By the way has he finished his own yet? Going back in May and as usual in July so you will have company shopping. By the way Lilly found a new handbag shop so you wont have any room for clothes on the way back. The shop is just down from Zeki''s. Best to the Lads.
Take care, Stephen

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 05:57:27 PM »
lol Roxie, might take you up on that ;) oooohhhh more handbags.Bliss! Yeah book finished but not published yet >:(
See you all soon  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 12:37:51 PM »
I''m troubled that no-one has pointed out that us laydees tend to have two wardrobes - no not a summer wardrobe and a winter wardrobe....a fat one and a thin one!! (technically we have 4 wardrobes..fat summer, thin summer, fat winter, thin winter)  :laugh: :laugh:
The reason we take so many clothes on holiday is we never know which one we''re going to be...last year I took mostly fat summer clothes as the norm for me would be at least half a stone added on a two-week holiday...Kalkan''s hills meant my fat clothes were unworn and my thin clothes felt looser  8).
It seems I need to add a Kalkan wardrobe to my existing 4....joy for my better half ::)...which sadly, as I do not have a place there, must travel. ;D

Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »
LOL I too have 2 wardrobes for Kalkan. A first week and a second week. At the beginning of the first week all the lovely things which I''ve managed to fit into following a pre holiday diet, get worn and then it''s on to the loose "baggy" things for the second week after over indulging in far too much Turkish food. :-[

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »
You might like to look a this clip about how to pack!! I''d never thought of doing that with trousers!

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/article3329417.ece

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 05:02:32 PM »
Try vacuum packing.  Use a bin bag, fold things neatly and put them in it.  Get your vacuum cleaner and suck the air out of the bag, seal and put in your case.  It takes less than half the space and lessens the weight.  I used this last year to bring out several mattress covers, bedcovers and cushions and was still under the limit - and I am a big shoelover!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »
what happens if customs make you open your case?  you won''t get it all back in again!! ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2008, 07:22:02 PM »
 ;D ;D blue lizard - you do make me chuckle - it gave me visions of an exploding case and the equivalent of a hot air balloon rising out of it..LOL!!   :o :o ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 11:03:46 AM »
Hey Itstime, do like us and walk everywhere...nothing burns off sofra''s chocolate cake like Kalkan''s hills :laugh: :laugh: It''s almost too perfect for words...lots of gorgeous restaurant food and the opportunity to burn it all off immediately  ;D
You will only need your week one clothes for the whole holiday....therefore halving the amount you need to pack.
Problem solved  8)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »
Fortunately/unfortunately we stay right in centre of town just up from the taxi roundabout so no need for long walks ::)
Seriously though we do try to walk as much as possible but doesn''t seem to help :(

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 06:09:03 PM »
Oh well, it''s week one and week two clothes for you then... ;)You''re on holiday..you have to eat and drink to excess, it''s the rules...but doesn''t solve your packing problem....sorry :(
I''m only packing thin (week one) clothes this year...which is a terrible gamble but I''m banking on lots of walking to and from the harbour for boats to beach clubs/trips out, to and from the apartment in Kormurluk to Kalkan of a night, walking up and down to Palm Beach Club...do I sound a tad obssessed?  ::)
We''ll get there and I''ll find the walking isn''t as hard as last year, we love the view from the apartment too much to go out every night and I''ll resemble a burst sausage in my thin clothes after 4 days.
C''est la vie  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Packing for 10 days in a carryon bag

Started by tonik1945 on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post July 26, 2010, 07:42:31 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal