Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New member  (Read 4979 times)

Offline Wazzock

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • Kalamaki Apartment
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« on: March 24, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »
Having finally bought our own place in Kalkan it seemed good to join the forum! We're coming out at Easter weekend, completing Tuesday and staying out for a week or so. Can't wait!

Some advice would be great - we need to buy some nice (not white plastic) sun loungers and a patio table & chairs. We also need to buy 2 single beds. Can we get all these in Kalkan or do we need to look further afield? Fethiye?

Also, are there any Dalaman airport car hire companies to recommend or avoid? Dalamancars have a good offer at the moment but we haven't used them in the past. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

Sounds like there have been a few changes in shops / restaurants since we were last out in September. So looking forward to getting out in 7 days time and staying in our own place!  :laugh:

David & Gill

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10796.0

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »
Dalamancars are excellent.Good prices,decent cars & good service.They meet you at the airport & you pay cash.On return you go to the Opet petrol station just before the airport & they then take you to airport departures.Have used them twice with no problems.

Offline Wazzock

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • Kalamaki Apartment
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 10:46:31 PM »
Thanks Johnjen - will go ahead and book tomorrow!

David

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 06:33:16 AM »
Hi Wazzock,

Welcome to EK and congrats on buying your new place, IMHO you have made a fantastic and  life changing decision, good luck for the future.

We have used Dalamancars many many times and have Never had a problem, so would recommend as well.

From bitter experience I would advise you to shop around ( outside Kalkan ) for Whatever you need. Take your time to dig out the best deals. Best advise is what you have done by posting.
But also you Must talk to people who have already done this, you will have your eyes opened, not that I'm trying to scare you, as there is some Lovely stuff on sale.....my advise, Shop Around  ;) :) ;)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline jackiebo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 08:33:02 PM »
Hi all, recently heard about Kalkan for the first time two weeks ago, sounded great so did some research & liked what I saw. Have booked two weeks hols in early Sept. Really looking forward to it. Not to keen on the hills though,am OAP>     

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 11:45:03 PM »
Hi Wazzock... for car hire from Dalaman we can recommend Enes Tourism, who are actually based in Kalkan but have a depot in Dalaman, so they can meet you at the airport with a car and will pick it up from the airport on your departure. Or you can just hire a car one way and get a transfer the other way if you want. Really good, flexible, friendly service and the cars are always spotless. Hope you enjoy your new property!
Martyn

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »
Hi all, recently heard about Kalkan for the first time two weeks ago, sounded great so did some research & liked what I saw. Have booked two weeks hols in early Sept. Really looking forward to it. Not to keen on the hills though,am OAP>   
The banks can be a problem especially in the heat of the day but this is one of the super features of Kalkan. I am there at the same time as you, first 2 weeks in September. It really is a lovely time to visit, still very warm but not like the intensity of July/Aug.
You have made a good decision, i'm sure you will love it.....Enjoy  ;D
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline Mark Perry

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 07:46:13 PM »
H Wazzock,
We bought our place in October 2011, we have been going to Kalkan for around six years! We use Erboy for car rental, two weeks in a small (ish) car in April/May - £195!
We had a nightmare buying furniture as we used Brava Casa, on the road to Cas, they didn't deliver on time, they supplied dirty cushions and a damaged small table! It took a real argument to get things sorted so be careful!
If we can help out with anything else just drop a line!
Cheers
Mark

Offline Wazzock

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • Kalamaki Apartment
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 10:43:40 AM »
Hi Mark

We used Dalamancars in the end - worked out very well (under £100 for 8 days)!

Interested in your comments about Bravocassa as we bought a single bed and a wardrobe from them for delivery after we left! You've inspired me to chase it up!

We're back out in May so looking forward to having a break in the sun!

Thanks for your comments

David

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx

Started by cahtya on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post October 31, 2008, 08:33:31 AM
by headroom
xx

Started by tashanvillas on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post June 11, 2009, 09:42:26 AM
by Brooksie
xx

Started by karin22 on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post March 14, 2010, 01:08:07 PM
by elainecris
xx

Started by shasbas on Introduce Yourself

2 Replies
Last post August 31, 2012, 04:31:59 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal