Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Bit OT (sorry) Lykia World and Kalkan.....  (Read 2373 times)

Offline LozJay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Bit OT (sorry) Lykia World and Kalkan.....
« on: May 08, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »
Hi all, as much as we love Kalkan, Jay has decided we are taking our 3 year old somewhere with more for him to do this year :(  So he has booked Lykia World at Olu Deniz.  Has anyone ever been there?

Understandably I can't be that close to Kalkan without having at least one day in Kalkan.  Does anyone know whether we could get a dolmus from Olu Deniz to Kalkan and back, or would we have to get a taxi?  I have heard that the taxis parked at Lykia World are very expensive, so I was thinking about just getting one from LW to the centre of Olu Deniz, then getting a regular cheaper taxi to Kalkan.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10975.0

Offline EK Moderator

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
Re: Bit OT (sorry) Lykia World and Kalkan.....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »
My hairdresser has been going with her family to Lykia World for years, since her children were little. They love it, bags to do for all the family, apparently!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 03:46:29 PM »
Hi LozJay
We have been to Lykia World with our kids have to say it is brilliant for children. The activities are varied and well organised and the place is fantastic. Our kids were considerably older than yours though so I can't give you a perspective on what it's like for very young children. The drinks and ice creams are pretty expensive and it's all on your account so my advice is pay your bill half way through and before you leave if you don't want a huge shock at checkout :o
We walked into Olu, it wasn't far at all and you can get dolmus to Fethiye then another on to Kalkan from there.....there wasn't one direct, I don't think, but there may be a Bati Antalya bus so check online.
It will be a different holiday than Kalkan but I hope you enjoy it
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline LozJay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »
Thanks for the info guys.  I am looking forward to Lykia World, but gutted we're not going to Kalkan.  I think we've decided to hire a car and try to find our way to Kalkan instead, as 2 longish bus journeys would not go down too well with Alex, who doesn't sit still for 5 minutes!  I'm really looking forward to a day in Kalkan, but how on earth do we decide where to eat if we're just spending one day there!!!!!?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Lykia Hotel Kalkan

Started by Pauline Atherton on General Discussion

21 Replies
Last post May 17, 2010, 09:17:54 AM
by Kefgirl
xx
Where is the Lykia estate?

Started by jujujones on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post January 27, 2012, 06:08:54 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Trip to Elmali/ Lykia wine tasting/ Aricanda

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post July 25, 2013, 01:13:27 PM
by BlackSnake
recycled
WORLD CUP

Started by krago1 on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post June 14, 2010, 02:28:21 PM
by kevincat99

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal