Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish Baths?  (Read 16651 times)

Offline Annie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Turkish Baths?
« on: February 04, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »
Hello,  We are due to visit Kalkan for the first time in Aug.  I fancy the idea of a Turkish bath but know absolutely nothing about them.   I''m sure all you knowledgeable folks can fill me in on what to expect, best place etc.  This will be the first of many questions before visiting what sounds like a fab place.
Many thanks. :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1082.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Turkish Baths?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:20:41 PM »
Hi Annie, Welcome to the forum. A Turkish Bath or Haman is a really good way to start your holiday and helps prepare your skin for a nice tan. There are two or three places in Kalkan where you can have a Turkish bath, there is one at the side of the Kartin Supermarket and a couple at the Hotels.
If you use the search facility at the top of the page and input "Turkish bath" you will find a couple of threads on this subject. Perhaps someone who tried them last summer will give you some tips and recommendations

Offline Annie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »
Hi Joan,
Thanks for your help.  I did indeed find some info and have made notes.  I simply cannot wait to visit Kalkan and this site is fab.  Many thanks again, Annie.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »
Welcome too Annie - any further questions - just shout!!   ;)

Personally speaking - the Asfiya hotel hamman is the best place followed closely by the Atlantis (behind the Yali supermarket) and then bottom of my list is the Regency one..!  but i know other people will have their own views!!  Don''t forget to have it on the first day of your holiday - firstly to relax you for your pleasant stay in kalkan and secondly, but more importantly so it doesn''t scrub off your well earned tan whilst killing your sunburn...ouch!!   :o :o
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 05:09:31 PM »
The Asfiya is great, you will spend a little time in a sauna, then move on to the steam room for about 20 min, you then lay on a marble slab which is nice and warm, they put a mit on and exfoliate you, amazing amount of dead skin will leave your body. , you then get covered in soapy lemon bubbles and have a massage, followed by a Jacuzzi, wrapped in fluffy towels you will be offered a hot apple tea, you will be relaxed and ready to tan bliss

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 05:46:09 PM »
Do you know how much they charge?

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »
Beat me to it Joan - I was just about to ask that!
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 06:16:37 PM »
I have booked a Turkish Bath and an "express" facial at the Asfiya for my May Trip to Kalkan and it is £20.00 for each. Cant wait!!!!

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 07:23:03 PM »
I really cant remember but I reckon £15 £20 was about the cost, no more than 20, you do need to book though as it is a Tapestry hotel each guest gets 1 free treatment so they do get a lot of work, and it really does need to be a.s.a.p  one to help the tan, but secondly if you get a bit pink the exfolating can get a bit sore.

Offline sak46

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 07:57:42 PM »
Clooneyrooney

We would love to book the Asfiya  in June  for a turkish bath  can you please advise how to contact them.

Thanks for any help
Sara :)

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 09:08:42 PM »
I havent got the answer to that one, the 1st time we were staying at the Asfiya, and the 2nd time just up the road in a villa so booked it on our way past, We wanted it on our 2nd day but they were booked up so had to do it very early on day 3 by which time we were a tiny bit pink, sure wouldnt have wanted to leave it any longer. Your skin feels amazing after sooooooooo soft, then the men went into town for a hair cut and shave wow they looked yummy.

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 10:15:40 PM »
SAK46, Sara

The person you need to contact is Ozge at the Asfiya. The email address is info@aykanproperties.co
The prices that I have quoted are for the Asfiya and they are open from 09.00 till 19.00
Make sure you book for the beginning of your holiday. Your tan will last for ages that way (but take care in that Turkish sun!!)

I was asked if I wanted to book for the Asfiya or the Likya Residence Hotel Spa so I don''t know if the prices vary for each venue? I think the Likya might be their sister hotel but I''m not sure.

Enjoy your fantastic experience.

Offline Annie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »
Thank you to all you lovely people who have helped me make up my mind.  I feel I know the place already and am looking forward to actually seeing the places and names that frequently crop up on here. I shall make good use of all your knowledge over the next few months.  Cheers  ;D

lolly

lolly
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 09:32:55 AM »
Hi all, my favorite turkish bath is at the Alantis, very friendly and very clean I normally have the turkish bath,then you relax for about 20 mins. they will bring you a drink and put a face pack on for you, then a full body massage all I can say is WOWWWW!!!! CAN''T WAIT  only 6 1/2 weeks till I go back..........

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:50:09 AM »
no thank you!! i don''t want to be pummelled!! have my skin peeled off (us lizards are very wary you know!!) get soap in my eyes and then sloshed in cold water..and by way of an apology wrapped in a fluffy towel!! i will cut out all the polava and just head for the drink!! i can be found as a rule in the Kaya or Omars enjoying late afternoon tipples..should anyone else be adverse to getting pummelled please feel free,i might buy you one while we look for freshly laundered people! ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »
I''m with you blue lizard. The thought of being massaged is my idea of Hell. I cringe just thinking about it! I''m often in Omar''s. Seems a better way to spend my time.

Offline jane on hols

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 02:15:59 PM »
The email address quoted to pre book at the Asfiya is no longer valid - does anyone else have a contact for them?

Thanks, Jane

Offline Joanne

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 12:57:28 PM »
Hello,

I have found this forum very helpful, we are travelling to Kalkan for the first time this month and i am really looking forward to it.
Just checked out the Asfiya hotel website and there was no mention of a Turkish Bath, so i''m slightly confused.... We are in Kalkan at the end of June, are the Baths likely to be booked up then?
Really want to go for a Turkish Bath on the first day!

:D

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 09:03:07 PM »
It does have a turkish bath and sure they will get you in, good luck hope you enjoy.

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 07:17:03 PM »
Just wondered if anyone has up-to date information on turkish baths in kalkan for 2010?

Best wishes

amanda x  :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish baths

Started by magic3 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post May 13, 2013, 10:23:06 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
turkish baths

Started by shasbas on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post April 30, 2013, 06:02:46 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Turkish Baths

Started by nerissa on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 15, 2013, 07:14:56 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
Turkish baths /spa

Started by WEB on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post June 03, 2013, 01:07:31 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Trio Meet 08

Views: 4381
By: BevJam
EK 70s Night