Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Honeymoon Hotel  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Joanne

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Honeymoon Hotel
« on: March 31, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
Hello,
We are honeymooning in Kalkan in May - very excited to be coming back after a few years!
At the moment we are looking at staying at either the Pirat or Ekinhan Hotel.  After reading reviews online, apparantly the noise at nighttime next to Pirat is a problem and the Ekinham Hotel seems to be alot further out of town than we would like.
Can you please let us know your thoughts on Pirat and Ekinhan and also if there are any other hotels that you would recommend for a honeymoon?
Many thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10807.0

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Honeymoon Hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:25:17 PM »
Hi,

I would recommend the Allegra hotel,in the komurluk area of Kalkan.The views are outstanding,its a fairly small boutique hotel of very high standards.It is only ten minutes walk,maximum from the town so very convenient,but you will love the peace and quiet in the evening as it is slightly detached from the hustle and bustle of the town centre.Getting availability may be the problem for May..............Good luck

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:22 PM »
Hi again,

If the Allegra is a bit basic,although very nice and a very pleasant walk into Kalkan,especially in May ( not too hot ) maybe consider The Regency hotel,with spa or the Lykia residence,both within walking distance of the town,and a bit more up market than the Allegra.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »
Lykia Gardens along the harbour road, very romantic with individuals swimming pools and cabanas at the beach club for each guest room.  If you want something quiet but very central, the newly renovated Courtyard at the White House pansiyon.  Many Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:38:36 PM by Charlie »

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:14:07 AM »
Hi congrats first of all for your upcoming wedding, we stayed at Pirat last August - no problems whatsoever with noise but we stayed in pirat 2 - advise you to email ahead and ask for a room over there or if you are in Pirat 1 (which i believe has all been refurbished over the winter) you must ask for a room away from the chocolate bar and you will be fine. We had a lovely time there and the location is key. Whatever you choose I am sure you will have a brilliant time.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »
Not sure of your budget but Villa Mahal is the ultimate honeymoon hotel...in my opinion. Nearer town the Lykia Gardens as Charlie mentions, looks fabulous and has been completely refurbished last year. The Ekinhan was mentioned on this forum last year, so use the search facility to get some more details - also looks lovely.
Have a wonderful wedding :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

cheesy
Honeymoon in Kalkan!

Started by Amndwr on Holiday Reports and Reviews

16 Replies
Last post May 08, 2008, 04:17:51 PM
by bilton
xx
Best resturant for a honeymoon

Started by dylanleeds on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2010, 08:05:09 PM
by Pembo
xx
Kalkan - Suitable for a Honeymoon?

Started by mkdr29 on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post April 30, 2014, 09:41:48 PM
by Lucy Lou
xx
Kalkan on honeymoon? Advice/help needed.

Started by Agent Ottoman on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post June 26, 2013, 09:12:50 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

London skyline

Views: 2298
By: headroom
harbour