Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: kalkan here we come again,!!  (Read 2716 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
kalkan here we come again,!!
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:20:10 PM »
Hi everyone,  booked again for Kalkan, flying on August bank holiday monday for eighteen nights, can't wait already. Other years we have flown in the morning and arrived at the villa around fiveish so enough time to dump bags and pop up Yali's for the bare essentials until the morning then pop back have a quick freshen up and go out for something to eat and a few well earned cold drinks. This year we're not flying until the afternoon so probably not arriving until well gone eleven. I know many of the restaurants are open until late but never noticed if any of them serve food late.  Don't mind if it's just a quick snack and a cold drink to blow away the cobwebs and fill my OH's by then starving belly. I've noticed in the past when we've passed Yali's after a night out that it's been open late but not sure what time they actually close, will need to at least get water if nothing else. Never been for as long as eighteen nights before so it will be a lovely long break even more chillaxing time. Flying back on FRIDAY 13TH  :o good job we're not afraid of flying or superstitious lol!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10754.0

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: kalkan here we come again,!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
Hi Clara,  I have certainly picked up things at Yali as late as 11.30 and they are probably later than that in high season.
Have you checked with the villa/apartment owner re a welcome pack?   Even if they don't normally provide one it would be worth asking if they can get a few basics in for you in view of your late flight.   Owners obviously want their guests to be happy, and hopefully come again.   If I were renting I would be disappointed not to be provided with at least some water on arrival and more owners are now providing water coolers.

If you knew the owners would arrange for at least some basics on arrival it would save you  worrying if your flight was a little late and you were going to arrive in Kalkan very late.

Have a lovely time.   I am quite envious because I have never managed a stretch as long as 18 days in Kalkan.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
Hi Clara
Restaurant wise the ones at the top of the town near the roundabout are open for the hotel staff very late.  I think Hunkar Ocakbasi is open most of the night.  The supermarkets close around midnight but I'm sure your villa owners would get you some basics if you asked.  They may even provide a welcome pack. Enjoy your holday - having been for 3 weeks for three years now we are only managing two this year due to family circumstances.  I'm sure you'll find those extra few days will make a big difference.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »
as others have said check with the owners re a small welcome pack, or if you have a private transfer ask the driver if you can stop at a petrol station to do a quick shop.. (most petrol stations have a small shop attached)
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:55:22 PM »
Actually Clara,ask the driver if he will stop off at Yali first before heading to your accommodation.We always ask the driver and they are quite happy to.Have a little list prepared and go and get the essentials........for us the first night shop includes milk/water/bread/fanta/crisps/margarine/baked beans/eggs........and biscuits.Our management company always provide us and guests with a welcome pack as well.

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 09:14:43 PM »
Thanks everyone we do usually have a small welcome pack and could probably manage until morning for everything else as we'll have the jeep when we get there so we can pop out early and do a proper shop. We'll probably pop out and have a nosey for somewhere to eat but to be honest I'll we quite happy to have a little stroll to stretch the old legs and pop in somewhere for a cold vino or two before wandering back, climbing into bed looking forward to a beautiful day ahead  8)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 08:58:12 AM »
Are you staying in Villa Oleander again, opposite our apartment and across the road from Tortoise Lady's Villa?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 03:25:12 PM »
The Soup Kitchen will definitely be open after midnight...spicy lentil soup is always on the go until the wee small hours ;D
Pretty sure Yali closes at midnight...we've stopped at the petrol station mini markets before now but they don't sell alcohol in case you were after Efes.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 03:52:41 PM »
Thanks Kalkan4Eva lentil soup my favourite would certainly go down a treat, not too  heavy before bed. Think we'll manage without Efes until the next day, I suspect we'll make up for it the rest of the time lol!
Always get a bottle of Bacardi and Jack in duty free so we'll be OK for our first nighcap on the balcony looking over the harbour all lit up under the stars. Just has to be done on the first night our little Kalkan ritual. Cheers  ; :D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal