Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Renters - What are your preferences?  (Read 4272 times)

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Renters - What are your preferences?
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »
Hello renters as a villa owner I would be interested to know what is your preferred changeover day and if it matters much to you what day of the week it is?  Also we get a lot of enquiries for 10 day bookings and these can only be accommodated if there is a flexible changeover day which can leave lots of gaps that cannot be filled.  Would you consider taking a 1 or 2 week holiday if the villa of your choice did not do 10 day bookings or would you look for somewhere that did? 

Also,is location important to you?  Do you prefer to be within walking distance of the the village or doesn't it matter much?  What is your favourite location for your holiday- Kisla, Kalamar, Kiziltas or elsewhere?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10682.0
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:45:39 PM by kalkanbelle »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Renter - What are your preferences?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:58:45 PM »
We like to be able to fly on a Tuesday or Wednesday..work kind of dictates these days...we tend to go back to where we have enjoyed staying and have gone out of the way to help our wishes..we are in the same again this year as the lady coudn't do enough last year and also importantly was realistic with prices we shall be repeat guests as long as this continues...we like to be within walking distance of town and a supermarket as my legs tend to stop working properly after quaffing numerous  Efes and we don't like being held to  ransom by taxis and the pot luck fares!! we tend to favour Ortalaan area ...We usually go for 2 weeks min but 10 days would not be out of the question especially if the reccession deepens ..we are just lucky we can still have a hols!....many can't ;)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:03:53 PM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
Re: Renters - What are your preferences?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:28:14 PM »
I'm not a renter but have started to rent out this year. 

Because I always look for bargain flights and don't want to be restricted to a certain day, we decided to be flexible with our changeover days.  The ironic thing is, ALL our guests have booked Monday arrivals for 7 or 14 nights - the only 10 day bookings or not Mondays are our bookings!

Kiziltas is the best area of course!! :)
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 05:10:19 PM »
We like to be flexible with changeover days.....as I mentioned on the other thread this means we can make the most of the weekends and not take too many days off work e.g. this year we are flying out on a Saturday and back on a Monday that way we get 9 nights and only have to take 6 days off work. We probably wouldn't book somewhere that only did 7 or 14 night bookings as 9/10 days seems to suit us best these days....then we can squeeze an extra trip in!  :angel:
We have always stayed close to the centre of the village, Korsan, Truffle, Hann Inn and this year we are in the old town....right in the thick of things!

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 06:05:23 PM »
Hi - we have rented out for the past six/seven years and always appreciated flexibility from owners, we found that if we worked our holidays from work correctly we could have quite long holidays.  Now the shoe is on the other foot, (we have just bought our own apartment in Kiziltas) - I think we too will try to be flexible also - within reason of course! :)

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 07:40:07 PM »
I have no preference particularly for which day I arrive, it tends to depend on when I can get the best deal for flights during a 2 or 3 week period. I have had 1 week, 2 week and 10 day holidays in Kalkan, but I find 1 week is too short. If I was looking for 10 days and an owner couldn't accommodate that, I would choose somewhere else  that could. I prefer to be in the town or old town. My favourite locations to date are Olivium apartments and an apartment in the old town for my last visit just up from the white house.   

If I didn't have to work and money was no object, I would love to go for a few months to see if the effect wears off!!

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 08:17:19 PM »
We decided to opt for  fixed changeover days in high season, three main reasons, first being it was much easier to arrange our villa maintenance, where there is is some continuity in terms of same day, especially getting villa ready for swap overs. cleaning etc.  Second reason, we did a little research and determined "rightfully or wrongfully"!  most flights appeared to be cheaper on a weekend as opposed to mid week. Third reason, We decided to go with Saturdays as this allows for 1 or 2 week holidays and guests would not have to take extra days , and anyone  choosing Saturdays often gets back to UK early hours of Sunday, thus having  Sunday to relax before having to go back to work. It just seemed to us that most people tend to take 7 or 14 day holidays and like a day to rest /unwind at each side of their  Holiday
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:21:35 PM by brian j p »

Offline Helshe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »
Another thing that I look for and which can limit my options is the number of double bedrooms. If I am travelling with a friend or family member, I have to usually book a larger place than we need so that we can both have a double bed. Most 2 bed properties have a double and a twin and the single beds are usually rather small!
Just a thought for you if you are planning!!! 

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »
We are perpetual renters and like to be flexible on our arrival/departure dates. We never come for two weeks, always longer (19 -21 days) or shorter (10-12 days) so we will only book somewhere that doesn't have fixed changeover days. I prefer Komurluk because the views back to the village are stunning but BH prefers more central location. We've stayed more centrally for the last three visits at HannIn mostly because we love the complex and Eyup gives us an amazing deal (and he doesn't ask you to fix on arrival/departure dates either...) This year we will arrive on a Tuesday and go home on a Monday but we've arrived on a Friday and gone home on a Tuesday in the past - just depends on the flights and our work commitments.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Wi Fi - Is it important for renters?

Started by kalkanbelle on General Discussion

48 Replies
Last post January 30, 2012, 09:44:11 PM
by Cosetta
xx
Owners experiences with renters

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

27 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 12:35:10 PM
by onelove
xx
Problem Villa Renters

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

32 Replies
Last post July 07, 2010, 11:23:39 PM
by MartynE
xx
Villa renters beware

Started by soprano on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post May 31, 2011, 08:09:43 PM
by waterskibabe

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

In full Flower

Views: 3954
By: Buster
kalkan