Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: General info on Kalkan  (Read 4897 times)

Offline wiseyorky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
General info on Kalkan
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »
Hi I am new to this forum and am considering going to Kalkan this summer. I get the impression from what I have read that Kalkan is " up market " and a little exclusive making it an expensive place to eat and drink compared to other areas of Turkey. I only ask as we are a family of four and eating out is quite an expense and wondered if you are able to do it on a budget?  We have been to Fetiheye amongst other places and we are used to paying £40 approx for a meal for 4.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10634.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: General info on Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 04:05:19 PM »
Hi Wiseyorky and welcome to the forum. You won't regret it if you book for kalkan. We are a family of 4 (usually) too and manage to have fantastic holidays in kalkan without breaking the bank!
It depends on what you eat and where you eat as to how expensive it is. e.g. if you ate at a harbourside restaurant every night and had a bottle of wine, starters, mains and deserts, it would be expensive and cost you more than £40 per meal, however if you vary your meals and restaurants, you will balance the cost easily.
We work on a budget of £130 per day and this covers food, supermarket shops and eating out, including taxis, drinks and boat trips and excursions. It doesn't cover car hire or transfers to and from the airport though.
we usually push the boat out for half the holiday and eat in other some night's, buying meat from the butcher and having BBQ' s or eat in some of the cheaper restaurants and lokanta's. The food is just as good but maybe without the view and a little more basic. We also sometimes get takeaways or spit roast chicken from the chicken man.
A good idea for you would be to read some of the holiday reports as quite often people comment on food and drink prices. I have done a few reports in there and have detailed a lot of the cost of our meals if you want to take a look.
I hope this helps and be prepared to come again and again as we have!! You will love kalkan and once bitten by the bug, you will be hard pressed to find anywhere on earth like it!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:09:29 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline wiseyorky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »
Thankyou for your prompt reply--think you have made our minds up--we love turkey and the people-- and cant wait for wall to wall sun once again.xxx 

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 06:25:44 PM »
You're welcome. I'm glad it helped to make your mind up. We love Turkey too and kalkan is the best place in Turkey that we've ever found if you want a relaxing upmarket resort with wonderful people, places to eat, places to visit and fantastic scenery. it ticks every box for us! Do make use of the forum, you will find tons of information about kalkan and surrounding areas and everyone on here is friendly and will endeavour to guide you in the right direction with your questions.
I'm almost envious of you discovering kalkan for the first time. it's a fab feeling when you open your curtains in the morning and that fab view hits you and takes your breath away!  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 06:28:20 PM »
wiseyorky, welcome to the forum. Kalkan is a lovely place, you won't regret choosing it as a holiday destination. The resort is more upmarket than other places we've visited in Turkey and sometimes the price of drinks and food does reflect that. As Lizilu says you can eat well in Kalkan and you can make the holiday as cost-effective or as expensive as you want. We took three adult "children" a couple of years ago and didn't spend anything like the budget we had planned but we are happy not to eat in the most expensive places every night. There is plenty of choice in Kalkan to reflect both taste and pocket.
Enjoy :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Agent Ottoman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
  • Love Kalkan!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »
Hi wiseyorky! We are coming back to Kalkan after a few years of going to other places and I've been asking the same, think everyone is trying to get savvy with spending with the current climate. If you click on the restaurants, bars and nightlife tab and then in the 'help with restaurants and bar prices' conversation there's loads of info re cheaper restaurants and where they are etc that some lovely uber helpful people have advised. Use the forum as there are some wonderful people who have amazing knowledge and a super helpful! :-) come to Kalkan it's the best ever!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
Welcome to the Forum
There is so much information on here it can be quite overwhelming. Just go through the different sections, especially the Holiday Reports and the Restaurant, bars and nightlife section.... treat it like a pick and mix and you will get a good flavour of Kalkan.
Joan

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 06:34:55 AM »
Hi wiseyorky,

Welcome to the forum.You will fall in love with Kalkan.Are you planning to stay in hotel or apartment/villa acommodation,when you visit?

Offline wiseyorky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 09:57:06 AM »
Hi, we have spent a bit more than we normally spend and booked a villa in the patara complex which I believe is a 15 minute walk from Kalkan,  looking forward to it  :)

Offline wiseyorky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 10:11:56 AM »
Another question......we are flying to Dalaman, can anyone recommend a taxi company and what can I expect to pay for a return trip for 4 people.....thanks in advance   :)

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
we use www.definetours.com for our villa transfers, never had any problems.

price is fairly standard @£55 for 1-3 persons and £70 for 4-6 persons (2012 one way prices)  so return for 4 persons expect £140

I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline wiseyorky

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »
Thanks hobbo, that`s what I thought

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
We've used Enes and Abi....both very good and as Hobbo says all pretty much the same price

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »
We use Define Tours down by the Harbour, they are very reliable and much the same price.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 07:43:30 PM »
we are Enes fans...same price as the others but cold water, sweets and biscuits included :)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »
Brave Tours for us every time.  Excellent service.  At the start of our journey we receive complementary towel wipes, cold water and a then a bottle of wine on arrival at the villa.  New cars/minibuses and very professional, courteous drivers.
Can't recommend highly enough.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

recycled
Kalkan General advice and info. Check here before posting!!!!

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post July 16, 2010, 02:42:13 PM
by Chucky
recycled
INFO ON KALKAN PLEASE

Started by spicyjules on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post June 07, 2010, 09:15:28 AM
by spicyjules
xx
Kalkan suites ? Any Info ?

Started by fidimax on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post May 23, 2011, 07:09:34 PM
by fidimax
xx
Kalkan - Antalya bus inland Via Gombe/Elmali - info please? June 2012

Started by scottielondon on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post June 12, 2012, 09:37:21 PM
by scottielondon

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal