Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Holiday Time Bus Service  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Dimetime2

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Holiday Time Bus Service
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:23:04 PM »
Hi Everyone,

What would really solve the transport issues that are occurring at the moment is for a campaign to get a local holiday season bus service under way in Kalkan/Kalamar area. The council may not even need to subsidize it as i expect it would generate a  reasonable amount of cash for the operator. This way way people really would have a choice as to transport modes!

Any campaign leaders out there!? ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1060.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Holiday Time Bus Service
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »
And who is going to get the taxi drivers on board (not literally!!)....I think this needs a lot of careful planning if it is to stand a cat''s chance...!!  I don''t want to sound negative - but I think whomever decides to try to get this off the ground may find they have bitten off more than they can chew...  I also don''t know how legally you will stand - and whether you can get to do it without the council''s permission/blessing and can you imagine the poor bus driver being surrounded by a group of taxi drivers - how intimidating that would be..!! 

Having said that - I think it would be a grand idea - just not sure how in the current climate it might work..!!  ??? ???
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline bluefudge11

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Holiday Time Bus Service
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 12:09:27 PM »
I Agree Felicity, with the intimidation tactics some of the Taxi drivers have shown towards supermarkets and those hotel owners  giving a lift to non residents, then I think it would be a non starter. (although a great idea to give people a real choice!)

oops maybe this is the start of another Taxi driver debate - sorry  ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal