Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: More burglaries - heart stolen in Kalkan  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Henny

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
More burglaries - heart stolen in Kalkan
« on: October 09, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »
After several days back at work in Germany I finally find the time to write my promised report.
We spent a fantastic fortnight at Kalkan. Since it was the second time, we spent one day at the beach and one day visiting the sights we liked most and doing boat trips.

I do not really want to talk about the hotel – I am afraid that it is fully booked the next time we want to stay there  :o. But to give Burhan the chance to gain some new repeating customers: Ekin Han is fabulous! The rooms are very clean and the staff is just lovely. If you are staying at an apartment or villa at Kalamar bay, don't miss to go to Zeytin restaurant. The new terrace offers a great view over Kalamar and the food is wonderful.
A great disappointment concerning restaurants was Aubergine. We went there for the advertised “jazz night”. It felt to me like a pub band playing far too loud to enjoy the (wonderfully prepared) food. The staff was just unable to cope with a fully booked restaurant.
If you want to enjoy a waterfront restaurant, go to Ilyada. It offers typical Turkish food (and of course steaks etc.) at very reasonable prices and the staff is really nice.
We had a very relaxed night out at Olive Garden. The food was fantastic, the booked table was in the first row offering a wonderful view and staff was very attentive.

Our trips:
Pınara – an enchanted place, I could stay there for days without getting bored. But be prepared for a little “off road” experience, the last two kilometres up the hill are not tarred. Unfortunately the blue dragonflies we saw there last year seem to be there only in spring.
Saklıkent – always good fun. The water was even colder than last year…
Tlos – easier to reach then Pınara but not as “organised” as Xanthos, you can explore everything on your own.
Patara – on the way to the beach we stopped at the ruins and found the assembly hall finished. It has become a wonderful building, you expect a senator to step onto the stage every second.
Kaș - a nice alternative if you want to go shopping, have some drinks and see a different place. The main shopping street is made up nicely and the sarcophagus in the middle of the town is impressive.
Kekova – we chose to make the boat trip to Kekova from Kaș, which is much more relaxed than going to Kaleüçağız. Just by chance we got onto Ismael’s “Taylı”. This was the best trip we made so far! Ismail and his family are wonderful, the food excellent and the trip to Kekova is more interesting than the “just swimming” trips from Kalkan. We even caught a bonito for supper :)

After all we had a really, really relaxing time at Kalkan. We met lovely people and made some new friends. I think the major reason to go back to Kalkan is the wonderful people who are always welcoming and give everybody the feeling to be very special. They definitely stole my heart, but I am happy to leave it there and visit it as often as possible ;)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10258.0

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
Re: More burglaries - heart stolen in Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »
Great report Henny, thanks for taking the time to post  :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: More burglaries - heart stolen in Kalkan
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »
Hi Henny, I really enjoyed reading your report. You made me feel like I was back in Kalkan too.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Our Kalkan memories will not be stolen from us!

Started by BearsdenTony on Holiday Reports and Reviews

33 Replies
Last post August 19, 2009, 03:55:53 PM
by onelove
xx
I heart Kalkan

Started by JenJen on Holiday Reports and Reviews

16 Replies
Last post October 10, 2010, 07:16:06 PM
by JenJen
xx
My Heart Belongs to Kalkan

Started by The Engineer on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2009, 10:23:55 PM
by anne41
xx
Recent burglaries in Kalkan

Started by saskia on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post June 02, 2012, 11:06:32 AM
by M n M

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal