Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hotel for 2 nights!  (Read 5444 times)

Offline MsM22

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hotel for 2 nights!
« on: October 06, 2012, 04:44:14 PM »
We have a Beautiful villa booked from 1st July - 15th July 2013. However we have found cheaper flights that are more suited to us on the 29th June. We were planning on Flying to 29th and staying in a Hotel/Apartments For 2 nights until we are able to check in at our villa.

I have been looking on Various sites, and have found a few very good deals for some apartments. I have contacted them but no reply as yet.

My question is - does anyone know of places to stay in Kalkan that don't have minimum nights stay? I remember contacting some around the Dalaman area a few years ago, asking for a few nights stay and was told It wasn't possible, however Single nights were able to be purchased on laterooms.

Many thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10246.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Hotel for 2 nights!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »
Nur Hotel and Allegra in Komurluk both do single night stays, but this is the busiest time of the year so you would need to check with both of them directly. It may be too early for them to accept your booking but I do know Allegra did allow one or two night stays in peak weeks a couple of years ago...gorgeous little hotel with sensational views.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline MsM22

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »
Many thanks for your help and suggestions. I have been able to Contact the Nur hotel. But not the Allegra. When checking on Bookings.com certain hotels do come up with the dates I am searching and do seem to be available to book - However I have tried contacting the hotels direct (Emails) to make sure of this, But no replies as yet! Hopefully will be able to get the extra two days in. Considered staying nearer to Dalaman airport but I'm sure I will bump into the same kind of problem with minimum nights stays :/

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 10:51:33 AM »
you can contact the Allegra Hotel directly via email or phone
Tel : +90 242 844 24 36 or www.allegrahotel.com rather than go through a booking site.
By the way, I have no connection with this hotel just stayed close to it and popped in a few times to have a look around.
You will find minimum night stays near the airport much easier, but would you want to start your holiday there...? :P
Another option is Goceck - a nice little place just outside of Dalaman. If you use the search facility above you might be able to find details of short stays as I think it has been covered on this site before.
Good luck :)

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 12:02:59 PM »
Just to point out - the Nur hotel has changed a lot this year - the pool area is not really used and is very overlooked by Pasaport pizza eaters. I think there were only 4 sunbeds too, stuck over in one corner and it ust doesnt look tempting to sit and swim there any more. I know you only want a couple of nights but still think you could do better if you want to chill out and swim assuming it will be very hot!

Offline olive

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 12:13:21 PM »
Elcee,

I am sure the owner of Nur Hotel will be extremely grateful for your glowing report!  There is a second pool at the hotel which I understand guests are once again able to use, possibly while eating a pizza!

Olive

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 12:47:08 PM »
I am not sure if Baris, the owner will be too concerned or not - the whole pizza/hotel thing is strange to me! The other pool is part of the privately owned Nur apartments and each apartment has allocated beds, if Baris is telling hotel guests to use this pool then things could get difficult. In fact last week one apartment guest politely spoke to a hotel guest using the beds/pool that maybe just ask apartment guests if its ok to us their beds and Baris was not happy. Owners of the apartments market the pool as being exclusive for their guests and at one time Baris enforced this rule and now he doesnt seem to be doing so.

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »
RE the Nur apartments' pool.

We own four of the Nur apartments and it is correct that the apartments' pool is private and not for general use by the hotel guests. Each apartment has its own allocated sunbeds so there is normally no problem as there are more than enough sunbeds around the pool for all of the apartment guests to use - not that they are ever fully utilised, as it is pretty unusual for all of the apartments to be fully occupied all at the same time even at peak season - with four sunbeds per apartment, given that most of the guests are couples, there are usually plenty spare. But even if all the apartments were fully occupied, it wouldn't be a problem as there are enough sunbeds allocated, and the pool is easily large enough to accommodate everyone.

However, since Baris still (currently!) owns one of the apartments, he is perfectly entitled to allow up to four people to use the sunbeds allocated to that apartment.  Sometimes he invites selected hotel guests to use them, if his apartment is under-occupied. We accept this and have no problem with it... but it is possible that this is what is behind any misunderstanding.... ie, if guests in the private apartments assume (mistakenly) that people from the hotel are generally being allowed to use the pool. This is probably not the case.

In any event, this is all rather academic now - because as of next year, Fiona and I will be coming to Kalkan, living in what is now Baris's apartment, and running the maintenance and cleaning of the apartments ourselves.

Hopefully that will put an end to any such misunderstandings!

:)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:55:24 PM by MartynE »

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »
Martyn - how great you will be moving to Kalkan - and I think separate maintenance and cleaning can only make the Nur apartments even better!

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 08:08:56 PM »
We are in the same situation needing a one night stay prior to occupying the villa we have booked. I have booked one night at the Dionysia Hotel via Booking.com and then confirmed with the hotel directly that they had received it.
All seems to be in order. Dionysia can be contacted via aldihotels@hotmail.com

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »
Try the White House in Kalkan. Ideally sitiuated. We have stayed there before, and my son and family also stayed there for 2 nights this year.
They definately take single night bookings.
www.kalkanwhitehouse.co.uk

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 11:42:26 PM »
Martyn - how great you will be moving to Kalkan - and I think separate maintenance and cleaning can only make the Nur apartments even better!

thanks Lee! ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Hotel for 4 Nights

Started by mee1 on Accommodation and Hotels

5 Replies
Last post August 09, 2010, 03:47:19 PM
by Charlie
xx
Hotel or Apartment needed for 2 nights 15th-17th September

Started by tuppy on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 09:48:04 PM
by tuppy
xx
Music Nights at the Nur

Started by elcee on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post May 14, 2010, 08:49:30 AM
by Tatilde
xx
Film Nights

Started by NormskiD on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post August 06, 2019, 12:50:25 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bring It On!

Views: 4085
By: misty
Kekova 2006