Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: HOLIDAY REPORT  (Read 2800 times)

Offline TC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
HOLIDAY REPORT
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:11 PM »
Well after reading some of the slightly negative reports regarding hassle from restaurants, dogs and burglaries etc, I am very happy to say that we have just had another fantastic holiday in Kalkan. We stayed in a villa high up on the Bezigan Road which gave us rather a steep walk down in to town but the views were absolutely amazing, and well worth the effort - taxis back up of course! The people were as friendly as ever and I even felt there was a little less hassle from the Restaurants compared to last year. I was impressed that some hosts even remembered us from last year and were really welcoming and friendly, notably Gourmet and Pisces. We tried some new restaurants this year and were really looking forward to Sade and Escudos, after all of the rave reviews on this forum. Both were absolutely brilliant, very friendly staff especially the brothers at Sade who were so welcoming and chatty. We actually ate there twice as we were so impressed the first time. Escudos was also excellent with a lovely Guy out front who we always chatted with when ever passing. The Old Trading House was a favourite last year and did not dissappoint with great service and a varied menu. Sade, Escudos and Old Trading House were our favourites closely followed by Kalamaki, Gourmet, Pisces and The Nar. Gironda was a lovely setting but perhaps we all just took the wrong options as we were left a little dissapointed and Agora came bottom of the list I'm afraid. Service was good enough but the food just seemd to lack the high quality of other places we had tried. Most bills were around the 200 - 220 TL mark for starters and 4 mains plus 5 or 6 large Efes, so a bit more expensive than last year but still very good value for the quality.
Yes, there are still dogs, and cats, roaming around but all were very well behaved with no hassle at all. I really can't talk highly enough about Kalkan, it is the perfect destination for us looking for lots of sun, awesome views, lovely people and fantastic food. Although there is a whole world out there to visit I have a funny feeling we'll be back again next year.

All the best
TC

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10052.0

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: HOLIDAY REPORT
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 01:35:57 PM »
Thanks for the report.  I can't believe in 3 days time I will be sat on a sunbed by the pool at the Samira Deluxe looking out over that view.  That will be after having spent the morning wandering around the town saying hello to all our friends.  This will be my 5th visit and hubby's 7th. 

I know what you say about their being a whole big other world out there to explore, but having seen a bit of it having now found paradise, why go anywhere else?

Jo

Offline TC

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »
Ah, Jo you are so lucky!
Don't forget to give Sade a try, though you may have to book a day or so in advance for a good table, it is that popular.

If we don't ever try anywhere else though, we may never know if there is anywhere better than Kalkan out there?

Have a great time
TC

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »
Sounds great TC, we're out again on Monday, just started packing my case in fact, looks like I'll have to take some stuff out as usual, minimalistic I'm not. Can't wait now, sit on the plane with a glass of vino and know in a few hours we'll be back in paradise.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »
Great report TC!
I loved Gironda but hubby wasn't keen , he also thinks he made the wrong food choice as i had the amberjack fish and it was delicious. Yes there is a big wide world out there but Kalkan just keeps drawing us back doesn't it!!
Nicky

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
May holiday report

Started by KalkanWilkie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post June 09, 2012, 11:33:12 PM
by Skunk
smiley
Holiday report

Started by lyndsey on Holiday Reports and Reviews

9 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 12:26:01 PM
by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Holiday Report

Started by ladybird on Holiday Reports and Reviews

12 Replies
Last post September 11, 2009, 01:23:48 PM
by Chrissie
xx
Holiday report

Started by cleworthallray on Holiday Reports and Reviews

11 Replies
Last post September 18, 2010, 10:01:12 AM
by cleworthallray

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal