Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: here we come again!!  (Read 5039 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
here we come again!!
« on: August 21, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »
Despite being definite when we returned home that we would not be having a second time in Kalkan this year as we usually do. Thought we would go a little easier on the finances, be sensible FOR ONCE. True to form my OH has been on Owners Direct etc, just curious and passing the time he said, that old chestnut. Up until last week I was still being sensible but as usual he won me around, with his life's too short arguement LOL  ::)  We decided to be a little more frugal and work to a budget, well that's until we get there and as usual it will go out of the window. Had some difficulty finding suitable reasonable accomodation that was not too far out of town or hilly. Were going to fly out from Bristol as it was much cheaper for the dates we wanted from Cardiff. Found somewhere end of last week and we will be flying next Bank Holiday Monday 27th for two weeks. So, all a bit of a rush, mind you glad we left it so late as we managed to get two of the last few seats with Thomson from Cardiff, two hundred pounds in total cheaper than the week before. We also found a lovely villa on a small complex with just a small apartment block that we will share a pool and jacuzzi pool with, the Sun Elite apartments also known as Kalkan Elite I think. The owner was kind enough to give us a fair discount too, very much appreciated. The property is in a great location just opposite the market entrance, near Cafe Ev, as my OH is a seasoned haggler I'll have to lock him in on Thursdays. Really looking forward to it again, especially the first cold glass of white watching the sunset over the harbour, bliss.

Well better go and start the holiday ironing, expect I'll pack and unpack numerous times as I'm so indecisive, especially regarding the blingy flip-flops and handbags. Won't sleep much for the next few nights like a kid waiting for Christmas. Not sure if anyone on here will be out the same time the many times we've been, to our knowledge never bumped into an EK member. Do they still do the badges, I remember someone mentioning them in the past. Well let's look lively All of you lucky people out there already have a great time, save some Efes for us  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10046.0

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: here we come again!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
Hi Clara
Hubby and I are going out on Friday so we will still be there when you arrive next week.  Still need to do my holiday ironing.  Well at least I have done the ironing from our last trip in May.

Cannot guarantee there will be any Efes left after we have been through it.

Jo

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »
Well Jo can guarantee there won't be much left when my OH gets his mitts on it, seems like it's Efes o'clock anytime in Kalkan. We'll be popping in Wetherspoons when we go to town shopping on Saturday to have a long awaited Efes, to break us in gently and get us in the Kalkan mood  8)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 03:28:16 PM »
clara you lucky thing...I'm so jealous. We've got a lovely luxury trip booked for the Caribbean in November for my 50th but I'm still hankering after another visit to Kalkan this year...incredibly spoilt behaviour, I know :-[
Can't help but think how many lovely trips to Kalkan we could have with the money that birthday trip is costing ::) ::)
I'm hanging my head in shame because I know how bad this sounds.... :-[ :-[
Have a wonderful time, you lucky people who will be there this time next week :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »
Good for you Clara, great that you could manage another trip to Kalkan. Im sure that both you and Jo will have wonderful holidays. I don't think we will be able to go again until next August but we usually have a city break somewhere in November for our friends birthday, to look forward to. Last year was Barcelona which was fun. Do you think I'd get away with suggesting Kalkan for this year? Might be a bit chilly though as her birthday is at the end of rhe month and it's a bit far for only 3 days!!
Do you know your Caribbean destination yet K4E, or is it a surprise?

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »
I'm sure you'll both have a great time on your holidays and then I can be jealous stuck here in cold probably wet Wales. I went to Kalkan for my fiftieth albeit a few months early, well it just wouldn't be the same in January would it LOL! We are a greedy lot aren't we I blame it on Kalkan it's addictive. We were supposed to have been definitely going down our caravan in Somerset for the Bank Holiday week but yet again this year ditched it for Kalkan, wonder whether it's worth paying to site it as we've missed so much time down there what with spending a month in Kalkan during the season. Not sorry we changed our mind though as the long range forecast is rain, rain and more rain there, were down there for ten days two weeks ago and it was a total wash out apart from one day. Had caravans for about twenty years and had many a good time when the kids were small but since going to Kalkan it has totally spoilt us just to get up in the morning with the sun shining and not having to wear cardies in August. Mind you we'd probably miss it as we have made so many friends over the years. Sometimes I don't think we really appreciate how lucky we are to be fortunate to do what we do, do we? Cheers Clara

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »
I totally agree Clara we don't know how lucky we are, we arrive back in kalkan also on 27 Aug and after also having 3 weeks in June/July it does seem a bit greedy as some people can't even manage 1 holiday a year and yet we are not satisfied with what we do. It is most definitely the fault of kalkan I don't know why it has this affect on people I am totally addicted - check the webcams and forums constantly and even read Tripadvisor 2 or 3 times a day to see where people have eaten its so sad  ??? We are even talking now about wanting to come for Xmas and New Year something we have never done before so any advice from anyone on that would be useful - what's the atmosphere/weather like and where can you fly from to dalaman from the nothern side of the country? Have a great time and happy packing - mine is all done more or less  ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 05:44:44 PM »
Its a surprise, lizilu...I'm very lucky :) I'll know when we board the plane as the destination will be a giveaway  :) :)
I am going to resist the temptation to compare everything to Kalkan as its not "apples for apples" as my dear mother would say.
I hope you all have fantastic stays...September is a lovely time to be in Kalkan and we'll be back, jobs, health and everything else permitting next June.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 08:30:37 PM »
Hi Clara,
Glad you have managed to book what you wanted. If you look back at my 2011 holiday report, it may get you even more in the mood. It was lovely to go down and see Eko, order dinner and go back upstairs to our terrace and wait for the dinner to come up. Bliss!
I hope you have a fabulous time,
Steve

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »
Thanks Antler, call me dense but in your post you say you went back upstairs to your terrace don't know why but I was under the impression the villa wasn't elevated. If so are there lots of steps to get to the villa, not that it matters just being nosey as we are still not certain if we're picturing the right complex. The bar area looks quite comfy, was it well used when you were there? Read your great report, I understand then that you can order a meal or drinks and Cafe Ev will deliver it, great if we've had a long day in the jeep and too shattered to glam up. We met the owner of Cafe Ev for the first time last visit, quite a guy and very interesting to talk to. We mentioned you and how you speak so highly of his restaurant and of course he remembered you and your family. We will certainly be visiting there many times I hope, it's a very pleasant place to spend a couple of hours.  Cheers Clara.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 09:57:33 PM »
Clara,
If you park your jeep along the side of the apartments, you have about 8 or 10 steps to take you up to the pool terrace and your villa is on that level, a length of the pool away.

If you go around the side of your villa, you can go fown the internal staircase and into Cafe Ev.

Cafe Ev is a relaxed sort of place, and we were probably the noisiest in there.  Your bedrooms face out across the pool, in the opposite direction of the Market, and the corridor upstairs in the villa runs across the back of the property, with the bedrooms off to the front.

I do hope that makes sense. Relax and enjoy, the Cafe Ev boys will not allow you to be harmed by any noise, but they may encourage you to make your own!

You will have a magical time, I am sure.....

Cheers
Steve

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 10:14:53 PM »
Thanks Antler sounds perfect, like the idea of easy access to Cafe Ev, oh gawd never get my OH out of there once he gets friendly with the lads as he can talk a glass eye to sleep once he starts, well at least if he goes a' wandering I'll know where to find him. As for the noise we certainly don't need any encouragement either especially if they ever have a live music night. Cheers Clara.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Gemelier Beach

Views: 3365
By: lorilou
lovely streets