Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan virgins :-)  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Belladonna

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kalkan virgins :-)
« on: August 14, 2012, 11:45:23 PM »
Hello to all on the forum, I have been lurking on the boards for a good few months now! 

Hubby and I are are coming to Kalkan for the first time on 8th September and will be celebrating our silver wedding anniversary on the 12th. 

We are staying at the Regency and are thinking about doing the Regency barbecue for our anniversary which does fall on the 12th, but I was wondering if we should think about another more romantic venue and if so what should we go for? 

Also just have to say that all you regulars postings have given me so much info on a new place I feel as though I know it already and I have enjoyed reading your adventures!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10012.0

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
Re: Kalkan virgins :-)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:04:53 AM »
Welcome Belladonna how lucky are you being a Kalkan virgin as I think the 1st time you come to Kalkan is always the best experience just how it takes your breath away when you come round the bend and see that view and then discovering what a wonderful magical place it is then you are bitten by the bug, I have to say I well up evry time I get there and more so when I leave. I understand the Regency is a wonderful place to stay and we love to watch their boat trip going out and are always very envious, I for one wouldn't actually make a decision on where to celebrate your wedding anniversary (congrats by the way) until you get there as you will find there are lots of romantic places to have a celebration and of course its all down to personal choice, I am sure the Regency will give you a great night it depends if you want to spend it with everyone else or be more private. I think if I had a choice it would be the Mahal Hotel/beach club restaurant that always appeals to me as very romantic with a beautiful setting, I am sure lots of people on here will have their own preferences and ideas so have a great time whatever you decide and happy holiday.

Offline Hellcat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
Excellent choice of hotel Belladonna - the Regency is fabulous and they will treat you like royalty. The Regency barbecue night is great fun. It's always well attended, the food is magnificent, the staff just don't stop smiling and it's a brilliant way to spend an evening. There is Turkish dancing around the pool and everyone has an absolute blast. From what I am saying I think you will gather that it is not perhaps the most romantic evening you could imagine! I would certainly attend the BBQ but would arrange another romantic dinner a deux for your anniversary. So many lovely restaurants to choose from, but one which is overlooked is actually the Regency's own restaurant. If you tell them it's a special occasion I know that they will do you proud. The view from the restaurant terrace is probably one of the best in Kalkan and it's never all that busy so if 'romantic' goes hand in hand with 'quiet' and you value your personal space then this could be worth considering. Wherever you end up celebrating your 25th anniversary I know you will adore Kalkan.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:47:50 AM »
Welcome Belladonna, you've picked a fantastic resort and hotel! We went to the Regency last year to have a Turkish bath there and the spa is lovely. Totally jealous of you staying there, from what we saw of the hotel it looked fabulous! Look forward to reading your report!!
Nicky

Offline Belladonna

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 01:07:54 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcomes and suggestions  :D  the Regency has great reviews on Trip Advisor which is why we picked it, we are also doing their gulet cruise and speedboat trip (got that one free for booking early!).  I like the look of the restaurant but if we do go to the barbecue we probably won't want to eat there another night as well

I've had a look at the restaurants on TA as well but there are so many and we only have a week it's hard to pick out any in particular.  Perhaps as you say it will be best to wait until we arrive and check out a few places (will look out for the Mahal)

Going in September will it still be quite busy, and would we have to book the more popular eateries?  I remember reading here previously that people go and book their chosen place to ensure they get in - or is that just in peak times?

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »
I will be in Kalkan from 5 September and always go at that time of year because the weather cools down a little from the scorching heat of July and August - and the kiddywinkies are all back at school  ;D  Kalkan is usually pretty much buzzing in Sept so don't imagine you're going to see tumbleweed cascading down the streets. Personally I've rarely booked restaurants, but if you do spot a place you'd love to have your anniversary dinner in then I most certainly would - and emphasise the nature of the occasion plus reserve a specific table with a wondrous view.
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Belladonna

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »
I will be in Kalkan from 5 September and always go at that time of year because the weather cools down a little from the scorching heat of July and August - and the kiddywinkies are all back at school  ;D  Kalkan is usually pretty much buzzing in Sept so don't imagine you're going to see tumbleweed cascading down the streets. Personally I've rarely booked restaurants, but if you do spot a place you'd love to have your anniversary dinner in then I most certainly would - and emphasise the nature of the occasion plus reserve a specific table with a wondrous view.

Sounds perfect, we always book out of term time too! Will bear in mind..

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Kalkan Virgins

Started by steffi30 on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post August 20, 2009, 05:37:23 PM
by steffi30
xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
new to kalkan

Started by izzy35 on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 04:44:37 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

70''''s night at Kleo

Views: 3971
By: alisonh
June 2011 Holiday