Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Four week countdown has begun!!!  (Read 3134 times)

Offline amberpop

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Four week countdown has begun!!!
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »
 Well four weeks today we will be on our merry way to Kalkan, can't wait to get there, it will be our first time in Kalkan although not in the country. We are staying at the lovely Truffle apartments, which I believe are very central and they have brilliant reviews on trip advisor. We haven't got a lot planned for our two weeks, we've had a horrendous start to the year, both completely stressed out at one point, but, things are getting better now. We did go on holiday in June, most of it sight-seeing so this time we just want to relax, the only thing we have planned and booked is a trip with yildiz!!! Apart from that Patara, and the different beaches, (we dont want to do trips as we've done ephesus, pammukale, cappadocia in the past so have seen a lot of the history wonderful Turkey has to offer), as well as trying out the restaurants that is about it - BLISS!!! So if anybody is around and sees a couple so laid back they are almost horizontal - it could be us!!!

Anne and Jim 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=10006.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Four week countdown has begun!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
I'm sure you will both have a wonderful time and I'm very jealous as I've got to wait until next year for my next fix (unless our lottery numbers come up in the meantime!!)
Enjoy the anticipation, it will be worth waiting for  :).

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:11:20 PM »
Hope you have a lovely time Amberpop, sure you will love Kalkan. We've also begun our 4 week countdown although this time it's Fethiye we're off to. Like Lizilu we've got to wait till next year for our Kalkan fix and we've to wait till next Sep ! I have an app on my phone for days left and it's 406!!! :( :( :( Unless of course the numbers come up and we'll be there before then! ::) ::)
Nicky

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
You've picked the right place, Amberpop, you'll both have a lovely relaxing time. We are going for the 5th time in just under 4 weeks and are already planning to come back next May, bringing my parents for their first Kalkan visit :)

Offline bam

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
Kalkan is a lovely place to relax and recharge your batteries! You'll have a lovely time :)
Just under 4 weeks until my 4th trip to Kalkan, can't wait!!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 07:42:13 PM »
Just over 4 weeks since we got back from Kalkan (feels longer) :( and just over 4 weeks til we go back :D Can't wait!

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »
A shade over three weeks for me  ;D  I can understand the just wanting to chill vibe and I will be doing rather a lot of that myself, but if you haven't 'done' Saklikent or Kekova then I'd make an exception to your 'no excursions' rule amberpop. Might catch up with you on the Yildiz some time in September  :)
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 10:02:30 PM »
Your "plans" sound excellent Amberpop....bit Firecat is right....slip in Saklikent or KeKova....and then just chill and enjoy!
I'm not even going to start counting days till our next visit.....aiming for the end of September next year!  ::) Wish it was this year....for all you people who are going soon...enjoy!!

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 10:39:50 PM »
Chilling sounds like a fantastic plan....enjoy every minute :). I'm counting down the weeks until my next visit in October, with a friend, to celebrate my approaching 'special birthday :o'! We fully intend to 'chill' for the whole week with books, food, drink and the odd crossword. I'm just trying to decide whether to go over to the dark side and buy a Kindle as I'm the only person in my book group without one.

Offline amberpop

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 03:57:02 AM »
Thanks everyone, less than 4wks now haha!!! Helen I would advise you to go over to the dark side, I to have a Kindle, they're brilliant, easy to slip into your hand luggage. May try Saklikent will just wait and see how the mood takes us!!

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 07:53:59 AM »
Just realised, we fly on the 14th Sept........Four week countdown has begun  8) 8) 8)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 08:01:15 AM »
I agree about the Kindle. Resisted for ages then had a go on my Dad's and was really impressed. Bought one each for myself and my boyfriend and we love them now. I get through up to 10 books in a two week holiday so will be travelling light this year!

Offline Livingproof

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 08:22:07 AM »
You'll be going on your hols just after we get back  :'( But only 3 sleeps to go for us now!!! Packing has begun and travel folder is stuffed with all relevant documents. Sooooo excited. Brigid (wifey) has a very stressful job so it's just chilling all the way for us as well.

Agree with everything that's been written about ereaders. We've all got Sony Readers and love them. It saves so much on weight for those summer hols plus there's no spines to melt in the Turkish sun.
Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
The Countdown Has Begun...

Started by Pompeyalbie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

19 Replies
Last post October 11, 2012, 07:48:27 PM
by Pompeyalbie
xx
Countdown!!!

Started by Blue Lizard on General Discussion

37 Replies
Last post May 08, 2019, 07:25:11 PM
by Alexis72
xx
Countdown to Kalkan

Started by Lizilu20 on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post September 01, 2019, 11:36:36 AM
by lucasvdb
xx
Countdown - 2 weeks

Started by Andreena2013 on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2013, 08:28:22 AM
by BarbH

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal