Author Topic: weather end of june / start july  (Read 3918 times)

Offline bennyboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
weather end of june / start july
« on: May 12, 2008, 04:38:03 PM »
Hi we are going to Kalkan for the first time end of June for 2 weeks, just wondered whether it would be warm of an evening or should we bring jackets etc incase it goes a bit nippy ??

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1546.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: weather end of june / start july
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 04:46:45 PM »
Hi bennyboo - I don''t think you will need jackets...it is very unlikely to be nippy....at the end of July and August - it is almost too hot to be wearing any clothes of an evening - so without predicting climate change....I think you will be fine in light clothes of an evening and it should be a nice tolerable temperature...but I would still be inclined to pack something slightly warmer..just in case you feel the cold - if for the airplane if nothing else!!   :o

Enjoy!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »
Hi Bennyboo have been in Kalkan early July for the last eleven years or so and never ever needed a jacket or cardi. It has invariably been stifling hot even during the night and no doubt you''ll be stripping off rather than adding on layers

Offline bennyboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:13:11 AM »
Many Thanks.  We went to lanzarote same time last year & although it was hot during the day it was really windy & went fairly nippy of an evening, i hadnt taken a jacket & they didnt have any wraps etc there so i spent most evenings shivering !  only 6 weeks to go now & we cant wait !!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »
bennyboo..you are there at the same time as us..as previous posters have said you won''t need a coat or jacket!the days are sweltering and the nights are warm and humid....sometimes if you are at the top of the village you can catch a nice cooling breeze at night or if you are staying on a hillside you can get a nice breeze...if it gets too hot a nice trip to Islamlar in the mountains is good (a bit cooler up there) or a trip to Saklikent ..freezing mountain water will cool you down..either way i''m sure you will love it ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
We also go out for the last few days of June & first two weeks in July and you certainly don''t need a coat or sweater. The evenings are wonderful and strappy tops are the order of the day, unless you are a man of course! We sit on the terrace until really late with a glass of something just enjoying the warm air and views.

Offline bennyboo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 02:05:11 PM »
Sounds great !!  Love summer evenings, sitting outside enjoying the warmth, sights & smells.  Looks like ill have to ensure Ive got loads of suncream etc instead of worrying wheather it will be warm enough !!  Defiantly planning on a visit to the gorge, my little boy is 6yrs old and I''m sure he would love it !!  Hes already counting down the days till we are there.  Hes a really picky eater over here but will try pretty much anything while we are away so I''m looking forward to feeding him up while we are away on lots of juicy steaks etc. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
KLTN Weather end May /Start June

Started by suziq on Weather

0 Replies
Last post May 22, 2011, 05:16:35 PM
by suziq
xx
Flights available June/July

Started by rosarioguy on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 01:10:53 PM
by rosarioguy
xx
Need an apartment for June/July

Started by nobbish on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post January 12, 2012, 06:13:32 AM
by nobbish
xx
Weather currently-July 2012

Started by Pattyp on Weather

7 Replies
Last post August 25, 2012, 05:50:33 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal