Author Topic: Re: IT help?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: IT help?
« on: April 04, 2014, 08:35:49 AM »
I can get on to the forum on my laptop but not my ipad. I can get into other pages using the menu bar on the home page but not the forum.....any ideas anyone?  ???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11946.0

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Re: IT help?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:23:42 AM »
Babs

You'll need to tell us:

a: whether the laptop is Apple, Windows or Android;
b: Whether the Browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer (7, 8 or 9), Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, or whatever.

And that's just for starters - iPads like most Apple based products, have a habit of assuming the rest of the world only uses Apples ... because that's what they want :-); Microsoft tend to make improvements to agreed standards, because their version is better :-D

Whichever, try deleting the cookies first - that's always a good starting point.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »
I have no problems with my laptop just my ipad. it has only been a problem since there was an issue with this website a few days ago. As I said I can get on to the EK website on my ipad and open up other pages just not the forum.........I get a message saying requested document not found on this server.........if it is a cookie problem how do I solve that? I've tried all the usual low tech things like turning it on and off! Everything else is working fine.....just this forum!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
Hi Babs. I had this problem too as I didn't even know we were back on despite logging in. So what I did was refresh the page - totally unintentional but it worked. I did this by pressing the semi circle arrow ( the refresh symbol) on the header where the website name is written at the top of the page. Just try it and hopefully it will work.  :)
Brilliant news re your job too. Have a great weekend. X

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 10:21:19 PM »
Have just got back from a few days away and the problem seems to have sorted itself out. Thanks for your suggestions.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
For some reason ipads don't update themselves - it just appears to be EK site though...?
I open a new page and it is still showing the date of the last time I logged on - takes a few goes opening "unread topics" then it eventually kicks in - or as Lizilu says hit the refresh icon. I'm no expert Babs, but I think it was just not updating from the last time you visited the page.
Does anyone else find the sponsored links slow everything down? I can't open a page or make a post until they are fully loaded and they take forever...? Again only on my ipad :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 06:38:04 PM »
Hi Everyone

I shall be reducing / removing a number of the links and retiring parts of the website to move EK more towards a forum. Any questions give me a shout :)

Jon

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Tlos View.JPG

Views: 2834
By: Lindy
Gironda's