Author Topic: The Excitement is Building  (Read 10883 times)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
The Excitement is Building
« on: April 25, 2014, 12:22:42 PM »
The cases are out of the loft, I've been ordered to get the clothes I'm taking out for inspection, tickets printed, E Visa printed, API done, registration details sent to the renters & only 2 more days at work. This time next Friday we should be looking at sunshine instead of cold rain. I have mental ideas of how our week will plan out with a "bucket list" so just can't wait for it to get started. A few jobs still to do like make sure camera batteries are charged, I need to load some AVIs into my media player to watch on the plane while Janet sleeps.
I know there are a few on here going over on Friday but is anyone else on TCX1556 out of Gatwick?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12002.0

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
Re: The Excitement is Building
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:27:43 PM »
I know the feeling.  I am already on the "this time next week ....." sayings.  In fact this time next week I will be at the airport checking in/checked in/dropping bags off if I can check in online at home.  Not flying from Gatwick but from Bournemouth.  Maybe see you around in Kalkan.

Jo

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:32:33 PM »
Sorry Pompeyalbie, I'm sadly not on that flight but I just wanted to say that I hope that this is a little taster for us and you will doing another holiday report while you are in Kalkan?

I love this run up to the hols - I'm getting butterflies for you, although I was strangely calm in the run up to ours, despite the various hitches that happened!

Anyway, I need to know about which jewellery shop Janet's been in, where you ate lunch and how Adem is, so no pressure, but really hope you can find time to squeeze a few words in for us.

Have a wonderful holiday  8) :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »
Great! Two more regulars off next week.......lots of reports please  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 02:55:48 PM »
Lizilu, the Ipad will be coming with me and hopefully the free wifi in the complex will be tapped into or it's down to Merkez for a juice & tap into theirs. Janet is already making plans to visit the boutique by Angora to look for an outfit to wear at Royal Ascot, Ozey at MissSilver has requested his duty frees so we'll pop in there, I have seeds for Adem so must go out and see his family again. I'm dreading Fethiye market on Tuesday as we'll only end up in town looking in jewellers for her next  "sparkly" anniversay present.
Hopefully I'll have some new experiences to report back andI don't mean tyre burning trying to drive up Cardiac Hill in the wet like last time.
Jo I never realised there were flights from Bournemouth, would certainly be easier to get to than Gatwick. Saying that I do like to travel early morning so we arrive in daylight and don't lose a day. I remember a delayed flight to Cyprus & trying to find the apartment around midnight in the dark & not knowing where to go. Thankfully we found a taxi driver who spoke English to give me directions.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:04:27 PM by Pompeyalbie »

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 04:00:43 PM »
Fab! Looking forward to reading all about it  :)
Hope you can manage to fit a report in too Jo.  ;D

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »
This time next week I'll be packed and ready for our Saturday flight out of Edinburgh. Cannot wait!  Trying not to think about everything I have to sort out at work before the bliss that is Kalkan  ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »
Pompeyalbie, Jo and Rachey......the nation expects. No pressure but please post when you are there and let us know all about your stays.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 11:18:30 PM »
I'm taking my ipad so will post from my sun lounger by "our" pool K4E, when I can summon the energy to do so  :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 11:25:41 PM »
I cannot think of a better place to post from, Rachey. Enjoy "our" pool without me this year   :( :(

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 07:48:11 AM »
Looking forward to some trip reports. I have booked our flights for July and the payment is due on the apartment so I can officially start the 12 week countdown!

I am  slightly addicted to the KTLN webcams....good to see boats in harbour! Excited!

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 08:53:55 AM »
Won't be the same without you K4E  :-\. We'll raise a glass (or two) to you!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 08:59:58 AM »
That's fab Rachey!! I can't wait for all these holiday reports! Hope you all have wonderful holidays and really looking forward to reading all about them   8)  8) 8)

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 10:43:09 AM »
Well our excitement has been dampened this morning sadly.  We were due off at 9.45 this morning to visit our apartment for the first time since October but unfortunately our lovely yellow lab has had 3 very bad episodes of fitting on 3 successive mornings and this morning we lay with him at 4.15am until he came to, looked at each other and had no hesitation is saying 'we just can't go off and leave him'.  (our very good friend was at this stage already fast asleep in our spare room with her case unpacked to be on doggy duty in our house for the week)!

So the cases are still packed, the hire car has been cancelled, our doggy sitter has been sent home with her case too and we are now all snuggled up watching the rain outside!

A big sadness in my heart for missing Kalkan  :( but a greater one I am afraid  :D  for the furball curled up with his head and big brown eyes on my lap right now, so no contest really!

A trip to the vets to hopefully sort the wee lad out, then we can look at booking some more flights soon when we know he will be ok and we can Enjoy Kalkan without spending our week worrying.

For those off you off soon, have a fab time and save some Efes for us in June!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »
Oh macrefield mom, how sad for you.
I completely share your pain......why oh why do we have dogs ??? They just break your heart when they are not well, they are a tie, they are naughty and drive to to despair!
It must be because they are loving, trusting and adorable. :angel:

Last year we didn't know until literally a week before our booked holiday if we would be able to get our poor little old dog looked after while we were away......some of you may remember the saga? I'm pleased to say he's still with us and as naughty as ever. A bit wobbly on those old pins of his but he only has to look at me with his big, now rather cloudy, brown eyes and I'm like putty on his paws!!

Hope your furball is soon on the mend and that you can get out to Kalkan very soon.

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 11:44:59 AM »
Aw thanks so much Babs.  I am sure some people will think we are barmy but how can you enjoy your holiday when you are worrying?  Much better to come out with peace of mind.  We would have been sitting on our terrace, G n T's in hands, fab view but heavy hearts and wishing we were home with him.  Lets hope the little monkey has not been watching the cases being packed and has orchestrated this to his advantage ha ha!  Bless him  8)

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »
Not barmy at all, we would do exactly the same, you would have a miserable time worrying and your pooch will most definitely recover quicker with you there. Fingers crossed for his recovery...and your next holiday, I am sure it won't be long.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 12:34:59 PM »
macrefield mom........I like you ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 12:43:12 PM »
MMom - I like you too x

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »
Oh what a shame. A dog is part of the family so you can't just leave them when they are unwell.  However I would be devastated to cancel at the last minute! You are taking it with good grace.  Last year my husband had a heart attack 3 weeks before we were due to go...luckily he got the all clear and could come...thankfully the doc was ignorant to the aptly named Cardiac Hill or I bet he wouldn't have given the go ahead!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
If you we're building.....

Started by onelove on Buying A Property & Real Estate

11 Replies
Last post November 09, 2012, 07:17:35 PM
by brian j p
xx
Building

Started by soprano on Living In Kalkan

2 Replies
Last post May 19, 2014, 02:09:22 PM
by happy days
xx
New building in Kalkan

Started by Colourbounce on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

8 Replies
Last post May 29, 2013, 09:44:26 PM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Building insurance

Started by chickengeorge on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post November 04, 2014, 08:06:20 AM
by Cosetta

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal