Author Topic: Insect bite  (Read 11580 times)

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Insect bite
« on: April 27, 2009, 09:02:38 AM »
When I was over in March I got a nasty bite near my eye which became infected. I also had three similar bites on my arm a couple of days later. They weren''t mosquito bites, they were flat round red marks. I think to early for olive fly bites so can anyone think what they could be. The three on my arm are still not completely gone so what ever they were nasty little bilghters!
Any ideas?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3319.0
Carpe diem

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Insect bite
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »
the flies can bite......so can a little spider that jumps.... >:(
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline butterfly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:30:41 AM »
Over the years, I''ve received about 4 bites which are circular, red and raised and have a diameter of 0.5cm.  They have never gone away.  Does anyone know of a way to get them removed?

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 02:01:29 PM »
Yes that sounds like it. Gosh so it looks like they will never disappear. I''m trying to avoid others when I get back there next week.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »
I always get a few bites on my ankles,not anywhere else,they sound like the same sort of bites but my bites vanish after a few months,last year I was trying to keep an eye on anything buzzing around my ankles
and it seemed to be little flies,simlar to the ones we get in the u.k,and I have been told the little sods do bite.

Neil. :o 8)

ps.how are the bugs in Kalkan at the moment ?
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »
I also get bitten on the ankles and feet, I think these are caused by the small red ants. They take months to clear, fortunately the mozzies seem to avoid me!
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 03:37:07 PM »
anything comes near me i don''t like the look of it gets a twacking with my flippen floppen   ;) ;D >:D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
Hiya Littlelin,same with me,mozzzzzzzies seem to avoid me,I get bites on my feet and ankles,we must be eating or drinking the same things !  ;D

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 04:59:09 PM »
Don''t know if this will definitely work to get rid of marks/scars but worth a try.  Bio Oil is well known for removing/lessening the look of scars and stretch marks (no silly remarks pls  :) ) but I have found it to be great for getting rid of scars from allergic rash I get every year in spring.  It is quite expensive, but you don''t need to use very much so worth the money.

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »
Come to think of it there were ants knocking about when I was digging in the garden so maybe they were to blame. I didn''t realise they would bite.
I''ll try the bio oil thanks for the tip. I''ll try anything if it might help.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »
whisper it but my local poundland had a stock of bio oil in recently priced at...........you''ve guessed it £1 not sure if it a one off but worth a try as it is very expensive elsewhere.
With regards to the bite, I once got bitten by a little jumpy spider thing and was awful. Bite was on my face and actually spread when I got home. Was convinced I had some awful flesh eating disease as the mark seemed not only to spread but got deeper  >:( it did eventually heal though and no scar.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 07:27:58 PM »
So the moral of the tale is,if it jumps,Flippen Floppen it ! as per Mr Lizard. ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 07:44:04 PM »
if it comes near you,If it crawls, jumps,creeps,bounces,buzzes or hums,if it''s ugly,if it has more than 2 legs(unless it has none, but a long body) then indeed my advice is to pummel it with the flippen floppen  ..... :D >:D

Unless of course it is a lizard,then it should be caressed and nurtured,kept safe a warm and fed on beer and chips!! ;D

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 10:53:20 PM »
whisper it but my local poundland had a stock of bio oil in recently priced at...........you''''ve guessed it £1 not sure if it a one off but worth a try as it is very expensive elsewhere.
With regards to the bite, I once got bitten by a little jumpy spider thing and was awful. Bite was on my face and actually spread when I got home. Was convinced I had some awful flesh eating disease as the mark seemed not only to spread but got deeper  >:( it did eventually heal though and no scar.

Well It could have been a spider, whatever it was I didn''t see it. Thanks everyone for the advice and the hope that the bite near my eye will eventually disappear. I*t is slowly getting better.

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
The best thing I know for bites and stings is neat tea tree oil.  Although it stings (excuse the pun) when you first put it on it does ease the pain and itching and clears the bite up very quickly without leaving scars.  Also a few drops of tea tree oil added to your sun or body lotion can act as a deterrant to stop them biting you in the first place so worth a try if you are prone to getting bitten.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »
you can also exterminate a spider by dropping the bottle of tea tree oil on it''s head :angel:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 05:56:47 PM »
I wouldn''t try flippen floppen those huge flying beetle things...it would have your flippen floppen away - it''s the Bruce Willis of the insect world  ;D ;D. I run off in an unattractive and ungainly fashion (usually screaming) when one comes near me. They are mean.
Kalkanbelle I''m going to try the Tea Tree in my lotions thing this year as I''m always bitten by whatever is flying around and they always turn into nasty angry raised lumps - in spite of antihistamanes ???
Bio Oil is fab, and I''m now off to find my nearest Poundland (thanks Itstime)...failing that Costco sells it cheaper than most places.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
tea tree oil will work,but it dont half pen and ink !  ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »
...a price I''m prepared to pay, Neil. Infinitely better than looking like I have some contagious disease ;D ;D
I actually don''t like the smell of tea tree oil, so it may not be a price I pay for any great length of time...particularly if I''m bitten.
This year I''m going back to good old nasty Deet if the tea tree fails  >:D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Late night bite to eat

Started by LovesKalkan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

9 Replies
Last post February 25, 2011, 11:02:09 AM
by alantj
xx
Mozzie bite prevention advice

Started by Skunk on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post August 08, 2012, 06:55:31 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Turunc

Views: 4685
By: blondie
Pasha Hotel