Author Topic: Passports and Visas  (Read 4489 times)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Passports and Visas
« on: February 27, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »
I know that this will be old news to many of the regulars on here but it seems like a good time to remind everyone coming to Kalkan this year (even those who have been before):

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOUR PASSPORT VALIDITY in plenty of time before your holiday!! The rules have changed... especially the amount of time your passport needs to be valid for. Don't get caught out.

IMPORTANT: PASSPORTS & VISAS
British visitors to Turkey are required to obtain an entry visa online, before travelling. This currently costs $20 (about £12) and permits cumulative stays of up to 90 days within a 180 day period.

Please note that, under new rules, your passport must be valid for a minimum of 60 days beyond the expiry date of your eVisa. Effectively, this means that you now need at least 8 months remaining on your passport from the start of your holiday.

Please use the following link to the official site to obtain your eVisa, which must be printed out, shown on arrival at Turkish passport control and then kept with your passport at all times whilst in Turkey: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12603.0

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Passports and Visas
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:29:42 AM »
We seem to be good when it comes to confusion about Turkey.

To quote the FAQs on the Official site:

What do I need for my e-Visa application?
You need to have a travel document valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Turkey. Depending on your nationality, there may be additional requirements. You will be informed of these requirements after you select your country of travel document and travel dates.

Which seems contrary to MartynE saying

Please note that, under new rules, your passport must be valid for a minimum of 60 days beyond the expiry date of your eVisa. Effectively, this means that you now need at least 8 months remaining on your passport from the start of your holiday.

Unless, of course, UK passport holders have tougher restrictions which you find out about later (when there may be insufficient time to replace the passport, and/or you end up re-applying for a new Visa).

A-a-a-a-a-r-r-r-r-g-g-g-g-g-h-h-h-h-h-!!!!!!!
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Anne

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • Towers House Kalkan
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 11:25:14 AM »
According to KTLN the rules changed in Jan 2015 from needing 6 months validity on your passport from date of entry with an evisa to the rules as MartynE describes. Maybe the Turkish visa website has not been updated or they have reverted to the original rule!  Would be good to know which is correct.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 11:36:42 AM »
Also on the uk government site detailing the new entry requirements for Turkey

Passport validity

Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Turkey and have at least 3 months validity from the date you are leaving Turkey.

From 1 January 2015, when you enter Turkey your passport must also have at least 60 days validity beyond the expiry date of your visa or residence permit.

The Turkish authorities have confirmed they will accept British passports extended by 12 months by British Embassies and Consulates under additional measures put in place in mid-2014.'

see
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 04:16:58 PM »
which means "MartynE " is correct , it is 8 months,  as you have to take the worst case  by adding  the 180 day visa  plus the 60 days  together =  approx.. 8 months if dividing by an avg  of a 30 day month

Offline BlackSnake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 08:23:50 AM »
Can't seem to get my visa from the website, keeps crashing. Does anyone know if you can still obtain passport at the airport on entry?

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 10:16:19 AM »
www.evisa.gov.tr is the official site are you using that one? their are several sites(some not official but just acting as a middleman while charging you more!)..it seems to be working on my computer? also try using a desk top computer rather than a tablet as it doesn't seem to like it? as of Jan 1st which is the last update I can see mentioning arrival without a visa it would cost you £20 PP....I would personally go the online route if poss as Turkey has a habit of changing and not telling anyone!!..(don't forget you need 60 days after your duration of visit on your passport as well) ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:19:35 AM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline BlackSnake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »
Thanks Blue Lizard - was trying from iPad. Done from desktop after your advice and all sorted.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New passports

Started by joycie on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post December 23, 2017, 04:25:18 PM
by joycie
xx
Passports

Started by Babs on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post July 28, 2014, 05:30:23 PM
by Babs
xx
UK Passports

Started by littlelin on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post March 20, 2008, 06:23:21 PM
by littlelin
xx
Passports

Started by Em1 on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post April 05, 2009, 11:23:59 AM
by lolly

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Banana Hammock

Views: 2220
By: pw
Kalkan 2000