Author Topic: Advice on hotel close to town  (Read 6874 times)

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Advice on hotel close to town
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am planning my holiday to Kalkan this year having visited three times in the past two years and need a bit of advice on accommodation. 

It will just be my wife and I again, but the difference this year is that she is pregnant so we want to fit in a holiday before it is too late!

We will hopefully be there from 2nd June to 13th June and Lynn will be around 6months at this stage.   We are travelling from belfast and there are very few Thomas Cook packages left for late May/early June so we intend to just book flights separately and arrange the hotel and transfer. 

Previously we have stayed at Pasha Apartments and Kelebek Hotel but we feel that the walk to Pasha is just a little to far in the evenings, the the walk to Kelebek a little to steep (although it is still an option) and we really don't want to rely on taxi's. 

Ideally we are looking for a hotel on a B&B basis that is close to the town and the list I have drawn up so far is:

Samira Gardens
Kalkan Samira
Meldi
Nur
Dionysia
Pirat

The only ones where I know exactly where they are located are the Samira (beside the roundabout), the Pirat (down at the habour) and the Nur (up the main road slightly).  Could someone let me know of the location of the others and if there are any others we should consider.  I intend to just email all the hotel directly for pricing and availability and the main travel websites aren't really throwing up much.

We are still considering Dalyan as an alternative to Kalkan due to its vacinity to the airport although the mozzie at this time of year concern me.

Many thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7489.0

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
Re: Advice on hotel close to town
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »
The Samira Gardens is located behind the car park near the Mediterran complex.  The Meldi along Kalamar Road.

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
Is the Meldi far along the Kalamar Rd as I don't remember passing it when walking back to the Pasha last year

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 01:42:02 PM »
No..the Meldi is village end of Kalamar road....5 mins walk from Kaya roundabout area going toward kalamar,left hand side tucked away down side turning ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 01:51:08 PM »
Thanks Lizard.  Any ideas or thoughts on Dionysia as they are first back with prices.....

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »
Walking down the road which runs parralel to Kalamar rd.nearer to the coast from the car park,you have Samira Gardens followed by Dionysia 50 yds further on then Meldi after another 200yds.

PS We had a week in Dalyan last june & no problems at all with Mossies.

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 02:01:14 PM »
Have stayed in all 3.& Dionysia would be my choice.Very laid back with a beautiful pool area.Super view from rooftop bar. Also well managed by Ahmet & his staff.Rooms are basic but perfectly adequate.

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
Thanks Johnjen, its good to have a personal opinion from someone who has stayed at all of them.

I won't go too much off topic, but how would you compare Dalyan to Kalkan?  I would like to try somewhere new but as its our last holiday (hopefully) without a little one in toe, I want to have a great time and Kalkan is familiar and ticks all the boxes

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 03:06:13 PM »
We enjoyed Dalyan & it is flat,but it just isn't Kalkan or even close.It doesn't have the ambience or atmosphere when compared.The restaurants while perfectly OK are just not up to the many in Kalkan.We were also surprised that we thought it was actually cheaper in Kalkan.We had 2 weeks in September in Kalkan & certainly Efes was 1 lira cheaper on average & food slightly cheaper for better quality & certainly better furnishings & views.The restaurants with river views in Dalyan we thought were considerably more expensive than the equivalent with sea views in Kalkan.On the other hand there are more hotels to choose from in Dalyan,it is close to the airport & as I have already mentioned it is flat.Wherever you choose I am sure you will enjoy it.

PS if you decide on the Dionysia ask for a 2nd floor room with a sea view.All the rooms on that side used to have a sea view but then they built the Mediterranean apartments which blocks the views from the lower floor.

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 03:12:38 PM »
Thanks again Johnjen.   The reasons we choose Kalkan is the quality and variety of restaurants and the ambiance so I think I will stick with it!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 03:49:26 PM »
Have you looked at Truffle Residence? Very close to the centre of things with the advantages of hotel and self catering  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 04:25:21 PM »
The Truffle residences look fantastic.  Don't think they have complete availability over our dates as its 11 nights but I suppose we could stay there for week and then a hotel for the other 2-3 nights. 

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 05:56:17 PM »
Also it would be helpful to build in a bit towards Taxis home. All the hotels are ok for going into the old town and the bars/restaurants at the top of the town but it would be handy for your pregnant lady to get a taxi back on the nights you end up right down at the harbour. The restaurants/bars will call one for you and it won't add much to the total holiday bill.

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 06:52:35 PM »
Hi,
will be in Kalkan around those dates and travelling from Belfast.will be there over Easter and am friends with the Samira Group. Perhaps PM me and we could organize a nice room in Samira with fridge etc.
Rx

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »
This link takes you to the dionysia and the Diana apartments opposite. We stayed in one of the first floor apartments last year and they are excellent. You can use the pool at the Dionysai and could probably have breakfast too.
 http://www.southern-turkey.co.uk/kalkan/

Offline dshiels

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 08:32:41 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I have contacted most of the hotels now and have got some prices back.  Its working out quite expensive compared to past years with the flight costs etc but I guess thats a sign of the time.   

Still waiting on the the Samira, Rhapsody and Asiyan to get back to me and will decide after that.

Does anyone have a direct email address for the Kalkan Samira or Samira Gardens as I'm not convinced the online form worked.

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »
H, Just PM'd you with the info.
Hope you received it.

Offline tonik1945

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
I have now used "Travel Republic" on several occasions (not for Kalkan ) and they always have good prices. I have just checked their website and they do cover flights and hotels inKalkan so might be worth checking out.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »
I would personally never use Travel Republic again....they sold us flights that hadn't been scheduled, moved times significantly, changed airlines and then cancelled the flights leaving us to find flights, during Whit week, long after the cheap deals had gone...just my experience  :P

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 08:26:47 AM »
Kalkan4ever.Just to correct your post.Travelrepublic are an agent (part of Thomas Cook)they do not provide flights,they only sell flights & accom. from airlines &  hotels & other accom. agencies.There are others of the same ilk such as Sunshine,Traveljunky etc.It is therefore no fault of theirs when airlines change their departure times or cancel flights.They only give you the options available at the time.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views of Kalkan

Views: 3368
By: tramline
Antalya 2010