Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: We're here!!!  (Read 5466 times)

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
We're here!!!
« on: September 14, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »
I don't usually do holiday reports....... But after reading antlers it made me realise how wonderfull it is to get a kalkan 'fix' when your not there....I don't promise to be so eloquent or as frequent so here goes ....

It's 7.20 pm of first day and we've just seen the sun go down over the hills and the chanting is beginning from the mosque. Having a we sun downer before heading down town.......where will we eat tonight???? Let you know later..

Today was just a chill day by the pool went to yali to get supplies then the butchers and green grocers. We have a fab villa with everything you need so will be cooking for ourselves most nights and having lunches out.

The lights are twinkling on the hillside now time to head out....

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11601.0

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
Re: We're here!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »
Hi anne41, we are there with you!! At least in spirit.

It sounds like you are well sorted for a great holiday!

Have a nice evening and I hope it feels nice and warm....!

Enjoy,

Antler

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 05:43:40 PM »
Nice report  anne41, any type of report long or short is a good kalkan fix for us, nice one,  we are there with you right now in our home in Leeds

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
Hello anne41,
thanks for posting and filling the void left by antler. Look forward to hearing all about your stay....lovely time to be in Kalkan :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »
Have a fab holiday Anne, look forward to reading your posts, will keep me going for the next week till me and OH are there ourselves :) :) :)
Nicky

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 07:22:39 AM »
Hi Anne , I like short post they go nicely with breakfast . Any news of kalkan is greatly received . Have a great holiday .
Lynne

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 10:16:52 AM »
Hi Anne. Thanks for your report and I'm looking forward to reading some more from you  :)
I think it should be compulsory that as one agent comes home, another takes up the blog mission!!  ;D
Have a wonderful holiday and can't wait to hear more. I'm with you in spirit!  :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 11:36:21 AM »
Taking over the mission is a huge responsibility Agent Anne but you have risen to it.......I'm sure you are up to the job!  :laugh:

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 05:22:16 PM »
Thanks everyone never had sooooooo much responsibility !

Well just sitting on terrace with a wee brandy before the rest come down and watching the setting sun....it's just so peaceful and perfect.

Last night we ate at Sofra recommended by the pool boy come gardener Omar, his brother in law is the chef there and also remember Antlers post about it so thought we'd give it a go and it was fantastic. Hubby had the stir fry fillet with prawns, I had a wee taste and it was delicious. The other couple we are with had seafood platter and trout kebab, had a wee taste of theirs too!!!!! Brilliant. I had plain sea bass with salad and chips and again it was so tasty. We had a meze for 2 to share, 2 bottles of Angora 2 bottles of water and 3 coffees - total 200 tl which I thought wasn't bad and it's a lovely spot with nice cheery waiters. Will def put it on my list.

This morning was lazy round pool then headed down town for a wee browse round and lunch but it turned out the other way round as we were all hungry so ate first. We walked along the harbour to avoid being stopped by all the waiters! And ended up in Korsans. Lovely lunch of mixed meze starter with added meatballs, fish cakes and calamari ........ The calamari was a bit tough though and they tried to charge us for 2 bottles of wine when we only had one!!! Then we noticed it already had a 10% service charge added...... So no tip I'm afraid!

Wandered up through town stopping at carpet shop my friend wanted a red rug (just for Christmas) but when she saw the price of £140 decided she could do without it!
Hubby bought 2 pairs of non prescription sunglasses .......... Really only wanted 1 but was persuaded by the lovely gentleman that he really needed 2 and a deal was struck.
Went into adda tours to see about a trip to the sunken city, I'm really looking for one that let's you off the boat to have lunch as my friend gets a bit sea sick when the boat stops. If any one knows if someone does this that would be great.

That's them all washed and showered now. Time to light the barbie I think......simple tonight lamb kebabs, salad and ill do something with a pot of potatoes.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
Sofra is definitely on our list now for a weeks time!! We've always said we'd try it but never have so after Antlers and your posts it's now a definite! We used Adda tours for the sunken city boat trip and had a really good day out. We had a lovely lunch on the boat and then you can get off the boat for a while at Simena(think I've spelt that right). Enjoy your Barbie, the weather here today is awful, especially in West Yorkshire.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 06:23:03 PM »
Hi anne41. Glad you enjoyed Sofra. Oli reckoned it was his best meal there (thanks a lot, Oli!). Lol!

I know what he means. The Antolian Chhicken there, i got wrong, he said it is stuffed with figs, peppers, cream... and other stuff. He really enjoyed it. I tried a slice of Mrs A's and it was good and I hate those type of dishes when there are too mnay flavours; this was not so.

It sounds like you are having my kind of holiday........

And now, in my hotel room in Barcelona on business, I am even more depressed, wishing I was on your patio.

Please keep posting - but not too frequently, we don't want you to burn out, lol!!

Cheers

Antler

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »
But Antler.....Barcelona is beautiful and even if you are on a business trip it beats windy, wet England......and I imagine Scotland and Wales ......don't want to leave anyone out!  :laugh:

Offline Jann

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
  • "The purpose of life is to fight maturity."
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 09:48:32 PM »
How envious I am, Anne41. Am imagining you chilling on your patio in the warmth that is sadly very much missing here in the UK. Jumper and socks on and seriously thinking of digging out the thermals.

Antler, Barcelona is beautiful and the weather will be far better than here, though I do fully understand what you mean about being away from Kalkan and I guess work can be a tedious chore at times. Hope the sun is miling on you tomorrow.

Offline Jann

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »
Antler, I meant smiling!!! :D

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 05:51:45 AM »
I guess it's also better than an office in....Scunthorpe, but still would have preferred anne41's patio to the wet & steamy streets of Barca last night!

Can't wait to hear waht anne41 gets up to next, she is having my kind of holiday - lunch out, evenings in. In beautiful surroundings with lovely views. Where can we sit by a warm pool in gorgeous sunshine at home? 

Offline Jann

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
Oh dear, wet and steamy's not good. Hope the weather perks up for you today. It's fine and dry here in Bucks. Still, I'd far prefer to be lounging by a pool in Kalkan in the heat.  ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »
wet and steamy.....? that'll play havoc with your hair!!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »
Great posts ànne. Came home on friday and feel sooo miserable  pathetic really. Just drinking a lemonade out of  my free  efes glass,  not the same as a cold efes around the pool with the cats for company. Keep them coming anne never know it might cheer me up lol.

Offline anne41

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • young at heart
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 05:27:29 PM »
Not much to report today guys...........it's been a really lazy one round the pool. Weather is fantastic must be in the 30's. although there are a few whispy clouds over hills tonight!
Just saw a post on FB from a friend that says Britain set for snow in October as temp will be below average and I know from another FB post that the Cairngorms have already had their first snow fall, so we all decided to get as much of this beautiful weather as we can!

Tomorrow will be more active .....we've got a hire car so heading down Kas way ...love that rundown the coast. Would love to know where we can get a good map of area though as we have been lost a few times before when you venture off the main roads !

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 08:22:58 PM »
We got a decent map from desti gift shop.
There's nothing wrong with a lovely lazy day doing nothing, enjoy it while you can. Have fun tomorrow and hope you don't get too lost.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal