Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: We're Here At Last  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
We're Here At Last
« on: May 05, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »
Hi from sunny, cloudy, rainy Kalkan.  We have had it all since we arrived early hours of Sat morning.

Posts will be intermittant as I am using a cheap tablet.

The roads look great if a bit dusty. Some of the old houses have been knocked down and villas/apartments are going up, but the love affair still continues.

Met up with friends Sat night and ate at Merkez and mades new friends with the table next to us.  This is Kalkan early season.  Ate at Rose last night where the food is still great cooked by Rose's own fair hands.

Have been lazy so far this holiday but we will go far walks as time goes on.

Jo x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12047.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: We're Here At Last
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
Another holiday report thread yay!!! And just in time for others going home. As one door closes, another opens. Have a great trip Jo look forward to hearing all about your stay.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »
Hi Jo. Hope the weather improves for you and have a great holiday. Look forward to hearing all about it.  :)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »
What a difference a day makes. Clear blue sky and warm today. Went for a walk through the villas to Kalamar today. Chatted to a couple who were sunbathing in their villa before calling in to Cafe Vita for coffee. Called back in later for lunch. Dinner this evening at Chillies; very nice it was too. Sat on our balcony to cool down before bed. Good night.
Jo

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 07:51:31 PM »
It wasanother lovely day yesterday but back to cold today. Sat at Merkez having a nightcap and I have never seen so many people with coats on at this time of year.

Ate at Rose again this evening as it is under cover and warm. Last night we ate at Kalkan Kebap. Excellent value for money, stuffed afterwards.

Rain due tomorrow, will have to find somewhere undercover serving Efes for the day.

Jo

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »
Has kalkan kebap opened again on the corner? It was being done up this Easter while we were there. Is it similar food to hunkar again?
Hope the weather hurries up and improves for you Jo.  :)

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 06:02:47 AM »
The rain is really awful this morning,you cant see the islands - brollies,macs and wellies needed!! Doesnt look like we will see the sun all day!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 05:58:09 PM »
oh dear....! I hope those on holiday have some wet weather clothes.
We spent 14 days in Mexico in January - the dry season - and it rained for 9 days...solidly. Not your usual Caribbean rain followed by sun, those clouds were unwelcome permanent squatters - apparently it was the polar vortex stuck over the US. Needless to say we sat it out on the breach, sunshades doubled as brollies, towels as blankets but by the 8th day I was suicidal, having not brought a jacket between us, let alone a mac.
I hope the weather picks up soon for everyone, especially those who have scrimped and saved for their one and only trip this year.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:10:59 PM by kalkan4eva »

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
Oh I know Kalkan4Eva it is just awful when you envisage an idyllic holiday wherever you go, whether it be for sun or snow and you get neither!  Our expectations are so related to weather that we are gutted when it doesn't work out.

I do hope the Kalkan weather gets back to normality, though the rain will be welcomed by locals, we will be returning in June and hope to be swimming and dining out on balmy evenings as these are the things we long for after an English winter.

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »
Sorry for not replying been making the most of the sun when it decided to come out. Temperature hit 30 yesterday, in the sun. Roof terraces still too cold for me in evenings.

Went to Adams Place last evening early to make the most of the views, wow! Cannot believe we have never been here before. Hubby had the lamb shank as recommendedand was not disappointed.

Now sat in Merkez drinking coffee after a stroll through the market from our hotel.

Will report our final days when I get home.

Jo

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »
Back a home to gorgeous clear blue sky and warm sunny weather.  Just looked on the webcams and it is cloudy again in Kalkan.  Makes me feel a little better but sorry for those friends we have left behind.

Had a great holiday as always but sad to say my goodbyes on Friday.  Had our last evening meal in Mussakka which was great as always.  Left the guys there taking the plastic walls down on Friday morning as they thought the good weather had arrived to stay.  Had our final final meal in Fener.  Did not eat there nearly as much as we usually do as the wind was too strong during our two weeks.  (Tried to replicate their avocado and goat's cheese salad for lunch today, nearly as good but does not taste as nice when you have to make it yourself.) 

Back to work tomorrow and will have to get my Kalkan fix at lunchtimes, so please keep reporting when you go all you lovely people out there.

Jo
x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal